• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which SD card to get for the Switch - Advice in here.

Do you need an SD card to save any game data at all? Or can you save game data on the system?

I'm only gonna be playing BOTW, and then Mario Odyssey later that year, and perhaps some VC games.

Do you need an SD card to save any game data at all? Or can you save game data on the system?

I'm only gonna be playing BOTW, and then Mario Odyssey later that year, and perhaps some VC games.
You can do this with the internal SSD. But there's only like 25GB ish after the OS takes up it's chunk.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's no reason to get an SD card, cartridges nyuggah. Beyond that, assuming they again force us to data install for Xenoblade 2 and other titles aside from Zelda, just grab yourself a 64GB micSD. there's no good reason so far to have anything bigger, and indeed there never was a reason to have bigger than 64GB on Wii U unless you are a digital kiddy.
Also not clicking on blunty clickbait, **** that piece of ****.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Is there a point to buying an SD card yet?

The Switch uses cartridges, so save data will likely be handled on the game itself. We also don't know what will be available from the Eshop right away (if anything), so there's little to worry about storing.

I guess the Zelda DLC may eat most of the console's internal memory depending on how big it really is. I'll work on getting one but i still have until xmas to worry about it since i'm only interested in Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey this year. And even then i may not pick them up.

Is there a point to buying an SD card yet?

The Switch uses cartridges, so save data will likely be handled on the game itself. We also don't know what will be available from the Eshop right away (if anything), so there's little to worry about storing.
Snipperclips and I am Setsuna supposedly are coming 3rd of march and are digital only. Also we don't know if the saves are on cart or on SSD. Also some people might want the digital versions of things like BotW.

If you like the carts then I agree with you don't get an SD cart yet. But if you like digital everything then you might want a SD card sooner.

If you want your console future proofed I would get a 1 terabyte SD card. That would last a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom