• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Recurring Zelda Character Should stop Returning?

Zelda is kind of unique in that it can recycle characters in more than one way in more than one game and it is something which has helped keep the series rather interesting, but some of these characters aren't all that great, and some of them aren't that great most of the time and either add nothing to the game itself or just get in the way and are largely unneeded...

So, which recurring Zelda character would you like to not see again in a future game and why?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd like to see the games take a break from Male Link. Come on, he gets far too much screentime, and the games are freaking called "The Legend of Zelda", not "The Legend of Link".

Notice that I said "male". While I don't personally subscribe to the notion, the opposition to the Female Link Brigade claim that the male Link gives the games a certain feel. And if that is TRUE, I'd say we should axe him for a while, because every Zelda is starting to feel the same as far as story is concerned. Introduce a more lovey-dovey "Link" and make it female, huh? Or if that's not possible, give us a fully-playable Zelda. :P

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I was going to say "I'm just waithing till someone says Link" but Ven kinda killed it...

Pointless post is pointless.

Actually I'd ike to see Tingle never return. Ever again.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I also want a girl link, also cool to have non ganondorf villians, I like Ganon, but I am so sick of Ganondorf, he was cool in Wind Waker, that was an awesome boss, but the other Ganondorfs are crap, Twilight Princess tried to bring it back, but Ganon was does poorly and Ganondork was the last form and was too heavy, the dual weilding we flexible Ganondorf was cool, the one sword Sloww piece of trash is no fun, nor is button spamming. Let's get rid of human form.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Tingle. He's gayer than gay, which makes him super gaaaaaaay. I would only want him to return if he's actually a 35 year old straight guy who runs a map making shop, and doesn't say his "magical" words to "magically" produce maps.

Note: I'm not making fun of gay people.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Don't be hating on ever-fun Tingle. I think Beedle is annoying and pointless. I miss the shopkeepers from OoT. Also, stop suggesting a female, just no.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Oh yeah, Beedle's another one. I always hated him and, likewise, I miss our traditional shop keepers.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
No... just... NO on the female Link. Link's his own defined character, stop mucking around with that. If we want to play as a female character, I'd much rather play as Zelda or as someone completely unrelated, leave Link be!

I also want to see a stop to bringing Ganondorf back. That's always bugged me about the series, that Ganon just kept rising back from the dead just because, and we had to continually fight him just because he's the supposed main villain of the series. He's dead now, just leave him be and move on to other villains for a change. I really loved fighting him in OoT, that's a given, but stop trying to recreate that event and come up with something new. I'd like to see Nintendo make good on their intentions on making Demise the main source behind all the evil in the series by making future villains tie in more concretely to him, instead of treating him as a cop-out to avoid explaining how the villains just keep rising up from the dead.

And, don't be hatin' on Tingle! He's supposed to be weird, that's the point! He's supposed to be the cautionary tale of fanboyism with people far too old for that, that needs to remain.

GANONDORF. Most cliche and unthreatening villain ever. And no Ganondorf-esque villains either; Demise was just Ganondorf with flaming hair. I'm sick of your speeches about taking over the world and blah.

I'm very pro-SOMETHING NEW in futures Zelda titles, so I support all this female Link talk. An alternative is to have a female main playable character besides Link (Link would still have a big NPC role in the story). Actually, I think it would be VERY cool if Nintendo gave us a plot twist and had Zelda as the main character. There's definitely something about female action leads (as opposed to action-females with supportive roles, which are pretty common), like Katniss Everdeen and the Avatar on my avatar :D

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Tingle_Artwork_(Majora's_Mask).png

This thing...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I must say, Wow HatredHazard, you really don't Like some of the most important elements in Zelda. I don't think Demise was that much like Ganondorf, he thought of himself as the rightful god and acted as such. He just hasn't been used enough to show it. As for female Link, just no. What works for a female doesn't always work for a male. It wouldn't be the same character, and there certainly wouldn't be many people lining up to by it. A character has their own gender, and that should stay. Uhhhhh! I just imagined a female Mario, the horror. . . the horror.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I would like to point out that I don't feel so self-conscious about my gender that I feel the need for it to be validated as a hero in a pre-existing long-running videogame series. Guy used to run around in a tunic with no pants, and long hair. Clearly Link also used to be confident in his role, so maybe we should stop focusing on his nethers and just be glad the females in this series aren't all skimpy and lust-ridden.

As for a character I don't want to see recurring.... Epona.

I'm not saying "No more horses," but like the fairies I'd rather see some variation. It seemed a little silly that we got a horse in the series, and then suddenly that was the only horse in the series with a name. Granted I'm not a horse fan anyway, and don't mind if horses don't show up at all (we did have a good run before OoT), but I do understand what they bring to the table as far as mechanics go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom