• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Pokemon Game?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I was wondering which pokemon game should i start up with? i played pokemon games before but haven't played them in quiet a while. the last one i played was yellow for the original gameboy, and yes that was some time ago and yes im going to try pokemon again. Should i try the black and white or should i wait for x/y for the 3ds (i have a 3ds). any suggestions?

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
If you can find it, I would suggest starting back up with HeartGold or SoulSilver. They are remakes of the second generation of the series and would be a great games to jump back in with. Along with lots of new Pokemon and a new map, the game also features the land as well as the Pokemon from Yellow Version, so not everything will be so foreign. :) Pokemon in those games can also follow you around, similar to Pikachu, except you can choose which one is out of their Pokeball.

I highly recommend Black or White, it feels a lot different from HGSS (not in a bad way). The majority of the game only features new Pokemon which turns off some people (if you fall into this camp, Black 2 and White 2 remedies this), but has lots of throwbacks to the first generation in a lot of unique ways such as character design and music.

If you want you can wait until X and Y are out, but you really can't go wrong with any of the main series Pokemon games that are available right now. :yes:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
HeartGold/SoulSilver are the most logical choices. They'll be cheapeer than Black or White. They'll help you get into the game by treating you to the older regions; while allowing you to still experience some newer games. I think they're your best bet.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
HeartGold/SoulSilver if you want to relive the good old days with some new stuff.

Or Black and White 1/2. They have the most interesting plots. Telling of two heroes and a single dragon that split into three. Then you have the character N (short for Natural... which is based on his IQ) who seeks out what is best for Pokemon.

Can't say much without spoiling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom