• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which pokemon don't feel like pokemon?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
In general you get this sense of awe with most pokes, what with them being these magical creatures and in some cases massive ass god tier powers, but some just don't seem to fit as a pokemon.

Take Drifloon for example, it's an animate balloon whose lifes purpose is to kidnap children.

which pokemon do you feel like isn't a pokemon?

In general you get this sense of awe with most pokes, what with them being these magical creatures and in some cases massive ass god tier powers, but some just don't seem to fit as a pokemon.

Take Drifloon for example, it's an animate balloon whose lifes purpose is to kidnap children.

which pokemon do you feel like isn't a pokemon?

Well Hypno kidnaps children...

Though to be honest, most of them dont feel right after gen 2.

I especially don't like idea of the four musketeer Pokemon and other concepts like that.

I liked that gen 5 was based on America and we had the likes of ice cream and literal rubbish pokemon... but again... they just sucked and didnt have the Pokemon spirit.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well Hypno kidnaps children...

Though to be honest, most of them dont feel right after gen 2.

I especially don't like idea of the four musketeer Pokemon and other concepts like that.

I liked that gen 5 was based on America and we had the likes of ice cream and literal rubbish pokemon... but again... they just sucked and didnt have the Pokemon spirit.

Oh lord those four muskateers were just odd, three maybe but keldeo was literally a pony, i'm sure that was shoehorned in for the MLP peeps

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I agree, the Swords of Justice or whatever they are feel weird.
I also don't like how many manmade Pokemon we have these days. Sure, we started off with Mewtwo, but for the most part they're natural beings. But they've become much more common. Come Gen 5 and we have Meloetta and Genesect, Gen 7 has Silvally, and honestly none of them feel right to me.
Also Hoopa's unbound form. What in the world is that.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I agree, the Swords of Justice or whatever they are feel weird.
I also don't like how many manmade Pokemon we have these days. Sure, we started off with Mewtwo, but for the most part they're natural beings. But they've become much more common. Come Gen 5 and we have Meloetta and Genesect, Gen 7 has Silvally, and honestly none of them feel right to me.
Also Hoopa's unbound form. What in the world is that.

I think hoopa's meant to be a take on a djinn, and hoopa unbound could be a take on Shiva the hindu god of destruction. Or possibly nezha from taoism and chinese. Bulbapedia is worth a read on that.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I think hoopa's meant to be a take on a djinn, and hoopa unbound could be a take on Shiva the hindu god of destruction. Or possibly nezha from taoism and chinese. Bulbapedia is worth a read on that.
I didn't literally mean what is it, more is this really a Pokemon, it doesn't look a lot like that. But it's always interesting to see where those lesser-used mythological references come from.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I didn't literally mean what is it, more is this really a Pokemon, it doesn't look a lot like that. But it's always interesting to see where those lesser-used mythological references come from.

main reason i looked it up is you got my curiosity piqued, what the hell is hoopa and it's got better origins than some of em ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom