• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Which Parts In Skyward Sword...

...took much longer than you predicted, expected, or anticipated? And why?

I spent a lot longer than I expected trying to power up the device and enter the Lanayru Mining Facility. The fact that I was carelessly trying to rush through it might be a fault for that. lol

Big Octo

=^)
Doing boss rush mode to obtain the Hylian Shield.
1. I fought all the way to the last challenge, Imprisoned III. After on spike into the forehead, he did all that flying jazz. But he somehow reached the Sealed Temple about 3 times faster than I expected. I lost.
2. I redid the challenge, and eventually beat it and got 2000 rupees. But I wasn't aware that you didn't receive the previous prizes. I was thoroughly pissed.
3. So I got the shield on rush #3. If I was forced to do it again, I would of ragequit.

Majora's Cat

How about that
No segments of Skyward Sword were really that much more difficult to complete than others, as the game was pretty well-balanced. But if I had to choose any specific part of the game that stumped me a bit longer than usual, one of the top contenders would have to be the somewhat perplexing puzzle before Link is able to enter the Isle of Songs for the first time. The problem was that it takes some trial and error to understand what exactly it is that the player needs to do, as the three-piece puzzle board and the large statues placed in random places in a circle doesn't clearly indicate what needs to be done.

The puzzle probably took around ten minutes or so, but I still thinks it's harder than the major puzzles in Twilight Princess. While I enjoyed the ice blocks and the Master Sword puzzle, both took me far less than ten minutes in my last playthrough. It's sort of a shame that more brain-teasers like these weren't included in the game, but in the very first minutes of the Ancient Cistern, Link is confronted with the glaring challenge of figuring out the combination for the lock on the door. The solution to this problem was quite obvious in the Sandship, but the hints in the Ancient Cistern are very subtle.

A stone slab gives the player a pretty major hint, but a lot of gamers will either not notice it or dismiss the hints it gives you as part of a later section of the game. Nope! Symbols appear on the large statue in the center of the room, and reading and memorizing the order of these symbols is what allows the player to progress. I struggled with this to the point where I just checked Zelda Dungeon's walkthrough for the combination and moved on without straining my brain further.

Maffiline

nirorlei
I haven't beaten Skyward Sword. I just got Eldin Dragon's part in Song of the Hero, and I need Lanayru Dragon's part but that's it.
In general, it takes me about 30min to an hour to complete a temple/dungeon, and then I stop playing and do the boss the next day but that doesn't matter. Isle of the Songs puzzle wasn't even a temple/dungeon, and it took me a good hour just to figure it out. No I didn't use an FAQ. But, it was so HARD for me. Dx I only realized to manipulate the walls differently about 30 minutes into figuring out the puzzle, and yes at this point I knew it had to do with the block and hitting the buttons. I then figured out in little tidbits where the pieces were suppose to go, and when I was suppose to hit the right block.

The Isle of Songs bridge puzzle took me a little over thirty minutes to complete. I simply got fed up after about 20 minutes and flew back to Skyloft to check the Sheikah Stone thing for answers; I only took a small peek. lol

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
If found the Sandship to be lengthy on my first time through.
The puzzles weren't hard, I just worked slowly through it for some reason.

the first time trough finding all the components of the earth temple's key took me way too much time just because I miss the entrance to the fire sanctuary...

F

Fsawk

my first playthrough finding the key pieces for the earth temple. i even used the sheikah stone and still had trouble with those hints. and also i hate looking at walkthroughs for my first playthroughs. :lol:

I actually spendt a while on the one generator on the sandship and the puzzle at isle of songs. The reason I spendt alot of time on isle of songs was because I just did random things hoping to get it right, was quite easy when I actually bothered to think :)

Gathering every piece of heart was quite time consuming and tedious due to having to locate every goddess cube and figure out hidden mini missions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom