• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which One Would Work Better - Anime Series or Movie?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This is a purely hypothetical topic, but it's something I think is quite interesting to discuss. For one many people have proposed the idea of Nintendo officially doing such; I'm sure we all remember that fake movie trailer, lol. Anyway, point is that both are quite big steps into a entertainment industry outside of gaming, so both generally do get quite varied and heated feedback.

Let's say it was a choice out of the two and Nintendo was going to do one or the other. Which would work better? And also state your personal preference as well - what you would prefer.

Series.

If not an anime, then something anime-like. I've mentioned that a Zelda cartoon could benefit from the artstyle of the Avatar shows.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
It depends on what they are trying to do with it and the style they are trying to receive. As a film lover I'd have to go with a movie. There are an infinite amount of things they could do with it.

An anime would be cool to, but it wouldn't reach as big of an audience.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I dont think so a movie or tv series means link talking and thats a no no unless they wanna make it like the raving rabbids tv series where they never talk

Sheik

:the:
I'm kind of good with whatever they would choose. For some things, a movie would work better, and for others, a series.

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
I dunno, I would think a movie would be a basic method of choice. It seems to be the biggest draw of the three. After giving it more though, I can actually visualize a CGI animated series similar to some of the mock movie trailers out there.

Perhaps if a series was made, I would assume that a solid route to partake for the series is to make a story surround the events of a particular game in the series, similar to what Pokemon does with its anime. The problem here would be continuity and such. Still, there could be some episodes that drift off and do other things that are unrelated to the game, yet remaining faithful to the atmosphere. This just might be able to work!

I think that an anime based off of Akira Himekawas Zelda Mangas could be good. I don't really have much hope that a Zelda movie would be good.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
An anime. Better yet an OVA.
An Anime would be handled soooo much better than any movie.
Zelda is Japanese, and it's the Japanese's stories that we've become so accustomed to. Let the Japanese handle anything like this.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Neither, however we are speaking in the hypothetical, so therefore I'd go in the direction of an anime. Though this comes from my own personal bias of believing anime > movies, playing through A Link Between Worlds had me thinking about the potential for a Zelda anime. I even specifically mentioned this in a Miiverse post of mine (WARNING: SPOILERS). If they could pull off something similar to what they did in ALBW, but give it its own unique spin, then there's a good chance that a Zelda anime stands a chance.

Fig

The Altruist
Speaking at a hypothetical level, I would prefer to see an anime based off the series than a live-action movie. Don't get me wrong, I love would to see a live-action movie based off the Zelda franchises but that means I would increase my expectations by 500%. I just don't want to see another example of Dragonball: Evolution happen to the Zelda series. This is why I personally believe that it would be safe to play with an anime based off the Zelda series than a live-action movie. The story can easily be adapted into anime and could also provide more content of the Zelda lore with more backstory and depth of the characters. Even more so, every (canonical) game in the series can help fill in plotholes within the timeline/lore to further increase the history of Zelda. Nonetheless, whether an anime or live-action, an adaption of Zelda into social media is a long stretch but that doesn't mean we can't dream can we? :3

An anime. Better yet an OVA.
An Anime would be handled soooo much better than any movie.
Zelda is Japanese, and it's the Japanese's stories that we've become so accustomed to. Let the Japanese handle anything like this.

I would actually be very happy with an OVA if Nintendo ever decide to make a Zelda anime as we would have a sense of what quality we can see hope to see if a full season of the anime would be enjoyable in the long run. That's also another reason why I think an anime would be better suited than a live-action movie simply because Zelda is a Japanese franchise. It also fits well with the all fantasy anime in the fantasy genre.

I think that an anime based off of Akira Himekawas Zelda Mangas could be good. I don't really have much hope that a Zelda movie would be good.

Definitely. I read the manga, and I do believe that would be a great way to kick things off when it comes to a possible anime adaptation of Zelda. The only thing that could make it difficult for an adaptation is that the manga isn't canon despite it being very well written.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom