• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which one is the best? Zelda Oot or Zelda Mm?

Which game do you think is better?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Majoras Mask

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Wich One between these to do you think is the best. And why?
Is the story better?
Is there more to do?
I would say Majoras mask because the story was better and there was more side quests and a better over world.
Don’t get me wrong, I still think Ocarina of time is awesome too.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Why not poll?

Easily Majora's Mask. Its much more unique, and it is more enjoyable to explore since it adds the dimension of time to the exploration of Clock Town and Romani Ranch. Plus it handles drama well by making you look for it, rather than forcing it in the main story.

This is a veeeeery brief summary of my views, btw. You can probably find me gush about this game on a "favorite Zelda thread," or something.

Last edited:
I'm actually split 50/50 on this. OoT had more dungeons and an unlimited amount of time to run around and do them while MM had more side quests which had set times and needed specific items at specific parts of it to progress in the side quest or had to complete an entirely different side quest all together in order to do the side quest. If that makes since.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
OoT by a long shot. I liked the world better, there was more to do. Story was a nice classic fantasy setting.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Ever since getting MM as a teen, I've tried giving it the love so many others have for it, but I just don't feel it. I love some aspects of it (the transformation masks were amazing), but the game just doesn't engage me the same way OoT managed. It's not just the 3-day cycle/reset-mechanism either, but the very thing people see as its main strength is something that fails to engage me; the side-quests. It probably ties to how I'm just not a story-driven gamer. I get that the game has a great story, but waiting around for a character to get to a certain point just isn't my idea of a good time. I still bought the 3DS version, but even able to skip around, it just got to be a bit "meh" for me.

I don't have the same passion for OoT now as I did before (still in my top 5 Zeldas, don't get me wrong), but I played that game to death, so it makes sense that it's not my ultimate number one game anymore. MM just failed to grab me and every attempt I've made at it, it's like I've given up on it sooner than the last time.

OoT, even though MM has way more depth emotionally and mechanically.

I hated every dungeon in MM and i dont do well on a timer and the entirety of MM was on a timer so i never felt comfortable. It was such a pain to commit all the NPCs' routines to memory too...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
OOT- It is the most influential Zelda title and is the game that embodies what Zelda is at its core. It has all the key components of Zelda and perfectly blends humour and seriousness, being able to go from light-hearted to downright horrifying. It features a wider range of environments and dungeons than Majora's Mask.

MM is a fantastic game dont get me wrong but it is short, offering only four main dungeons and is also a very different experience to a normal Zelda. Today it would be released as DLC similar to Blood and Wine for Witcher 3 rather than a whole game.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game of all, so naturally I have to give it the edge here. I love nearly everything about it, from the story, characters, overworld, to the soundtrack and its many great sidequests. Ocarina of Time is an amazing game, don't get me wrong, but it feels like what it is; a first time experimentation with 3D Zelda. Not that it's a bad thing, as it definitely pulls it off, but Majora's Mask just feels more refined to me, and is a far more unique experience what with the apocalyptic setting and the time mechanic. Whenever I play Ocarina of Time, it just feels... rather generic as far as Zelda games go.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Majora's Mask is my favorite game in the series and I feel like Ocarina of Time is one of the most overrated games of all time.

I think I have to go with MM.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
OoT by a long shot. I liked the world better, there was more to do. Story was a nice classic fantasy setting.

Lol no, MM had far more stuff to do, more interactive characters, you actually felt like you a part of their lives for a brief period.

MM was miles better, it didn't need more dungeons because it was more immersive not to mention more fleshed out

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
If nothing else it was dungeons. MM had great dungeons, but only 4.

OoT had Ganondorf, a troubled world, the Forest Temple, a larger world, ect.

MM had great quality but needed great quantity. However, I LOVE the 5 stages of grief idea and the world they were living in. It's close, for sure, but in the end, I gave the edge to OoT.

Quin

Disaster Master
MM for sure. The whole atmosphere of that game is phenomenal and one of the reasons its one of my favorite zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom