• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which of your console games can you part with?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Say you were put into a certain situation that warrants you to having to sell most if not the entirety of your game collection. Heck, maybe some of you actually were in this kind of situation. Going into this by system to system, which game system(s) that you own would you be most willing to give up the games for. You can approach this however you want.
- GBA/GBC/GB: Now of course I'd be hard for me to give up any system, but if it came down to it, my Game Boy Advance games would be the first to go. I don't have much childhood ties to this system since I started collecting for it when I was 15, so this would be the "easiest" thing for me to part w/. However when it comes down to it, the everdrive for this system exists. so if I had a need to get back into it again, I would just get the everdrive and it'd be pretty much good.
- Gamecube: Emotionally, this would be the hardest for me to part w/ b/c this thing was my whole childhood. But if I factor feelings out of it, it's actually a no brainer. Reason being is I could just get a large sized flash drive or sd card and load the games onto it then play it on my Wii via Nintendont. So aside a memory card and probably a controller, I'd pretty much be able to get rid of the entirety of my Gamecube stuff. Not to mention the high prices for some of the games I own so I'd be able to make a pretty good amount
- Wii: Similar situation to the Gamecube, if I had to then I could just put the games on a usb device and sell off the physical games. Only difference is I've yet to really learn how to do that whereas I've already done so w/ Gamecube games. But once I do, then yeah this one is also a no brainer when it comes to the financial side.

I have a couple others but these are just the easiest for me to find alternatives for. I'll just say that my PS3 library is probably the last thing I would downsize on since at the moment I'm unsure as to how I'd go about finding alternatives.

Last edited:
All of them.

If i were ever in such a situation where i'd be so broke for whatever reason that i'd have to sell belongings to afford a roof over my head and food in my belly then my consoles and video games would be the first to go.

I'd not want to, i'd miss them but i'm mature enough to know what is expendable in my life and what must come first.

Though to name names I'd miss my Gamecube the most since i'd lose Wind Waker and Metroid Prime.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Maybe it would be easier to approach the question in reverse... which console game systems can I NOT part with?

Well, for starters, my GameCube would be tough for several reasons:

1. It's the console I have the most games for. I have 15+ games, and I'm still finding new ones I want to add to that library.

2. It's the only console that supports the Game Boy Player, and I use that a lot. The Wii doesn't support that accessory.

3. I have a set of GameCube component cables that use the digital out and make the 480p output from it look really nice and clean.

4. Virtual Console games are not (yet?) a viable replacement for the physical library of GameCube or later systems.

So the GameCube absolutely has to stay. In fact, if this one breaks, I'll probably be willing to spend a lot getting it repaired or replaced.

One that might actually surprise people is the Wii U. Here's the reasoning:

1. It can play most (if not all) Wii games.

2. It has a larger Virtual Console library and a lot of remakes (would need this if I lost my other systems).

3. Most of the games I have for it are digital downloads which can't be sold or traded anyway, so every single game represents a sunk cost I can't recover.

4. All the junk I download can go onto a big old external hard drive (or two).

Now I can explain why I can part with the others.

Wii -- Wii U supports all Wii peripherals and games I need. Having a real GameCube means that the backwards compatibility of the Wii isn't necessary for me.

Sega Master System -- Phantasy Star is on the Virtual Console, and that's all I have for it.

Nintendo 64 -- I have other versions of OoT and MM on both the 3DS and GameCube, as well as Super Mario 64 DS, and Donkey Kong 64 on the Virtual Console. I'd only miss Banjo games.

SNES -- This one would be the most painful to lose due to nostalgia, but I could pretty much play all the games I care about as either Virtual Console titles or GBA remakes I already own.

Switch -- It hasn't really grown on me yet, BoTW hasn't impressed me, and I could get BoTW for the Wii U anyway.

So in the end, the only two systems that aren't expendable for me are the GameCube and the Wii U.

funnier6

Courage~
I need like, 90% of my games. (just sold some) If I really had to I'd get rid of some old Wii games that I don't really like, if I really needed money I'd sell my 3DS XL. (I also have a New 3DS)

I would sell some regular DS games but who would buy those anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom