• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which of these gifts would you pick?

Which gift?

• Wallet of greed

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Watch of Sloth

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Ring of pride

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Flask of gluttony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gun of wrath

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Locket of lust

• Spectacles of envy

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I saw this on Facebook and thought it would be a fun thread idea. Answer the poll and if you want to say why you made your choice just comment in the thread.
FB_IMG_1516010215863.jpg

Ninja

Well well well
Wallet of Greed. Show me the money so I could travel, have financial security, and most importantly, be generous.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd go for the gun of wrath. Shooting someone will give me their remaining lifespan. I could in theory live for as long as the human race is around for with this providing I didn't get killed though unnatural means.

It is by far the best gift. Having unlimited money would be good but when you can effectively live forever you have all the time in the world to earn that.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Starting with the ones that are out of the question; the spectacles, gun and lockets have zero appeal to me. I don't want to know people's secrets, I hate everything to do with guns and the locket just screams rape. The watch doesn't really appeal that much as if I had such a device I'd rather have the ability to freeze time to get the sleep I need and one hour intervals just wouldn't do it. The flask's side effects are nice and all, but the main function has no appeal to me since I don't drink. The ring is nice and all, but I have no need to show off or compete with people and I like knowing that whatever I do or make, it came completely from me. So I'd probably go for the wallet, as it would mean financial security no matter what and it's up to me if and how I spend that money.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Tough choice.

Wallet - Obvious benefits with no negatives (unless you count losing your soul as a negative, I guess). Financial security would be very reassuring and, after some time to save up a bundle, you could do a lot with it, not just for yoursef but for other people.

Watch - Normally, I'd take the ability to freeze time over anything else without a moment of hesitation, but the limitation here kills it. An hour isn't a great deal of time to do a lot of things that freezing time would be most useful for, and having to wait two more hours before using it again just compounds the issue.

Spectacles - This is the only gift I have no real interest in. Not that it wouldn't be useful, just that everything else is more useful or appealing.

Ring - A ring that gives you a perfect memory, lets you learn basically anything really easily, and increases creativity? Yes, I would like to be Leonardo da Vinci. This one is extremely appealing.

Flask - I don't drink alcohol (assuming the flask only dispenses booze and not Ribena) but I absolutely would if the side-effect was perfect health and no need to sleep. As someone who hates their body and has constant trouble sleeping, this one has a very nice ring to it.

Gun - Basically a vampire. Tempting. I can live forever as long as I'm prepared to kill. I also get to have the perfect disguise as long as the gun is in my hand (assuming this works while holding it in a pocket or something). Immortality is alluring, but do I want a long life or an easy life?

Locket - Has obvious applications, but other gifts have much more to offer. It's not the worst thing on the table, but it's far from the best.

All things considered, I think I'd end up going with the Ring of Pride. Being able to learn things, develop new skills, and actually have the drive to do ****ing anything would be great. I'd love to want to do stuff and be good at it. The Ring could even help you get the fitness benefit of the Flask, something similar to the money benefit of the Wallet, and the sex appeal of the Locket. So pretty cool, all told.

Suppose I want to keep my soul?
lol nerd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom