• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Next Generation Console Are You Planning on Getting

Which Next-Gen console are you getting

• Wii U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS4 (working title)

• Xbox 720 (working title)

• All 3 consoles

• Other

• Total voters

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
So guys, which one are you getting? As of right now Assassin's Creed and Zelda will be on the Wii U and I can still use my PS3 for Blu-rays so just the Wii U for Zelda (and possibly Assassin's Creed, well just have to see where the plot with Desmond goes), but i'm not going to buy the Wii U until Zelda Wii U is released.
What about you guys, what do you plan to do? If you choose Other then please leave a reply on what your interpretation of other means. =)

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
I'd probably get the next Xbox. If I get a Wii U, then my N64 won't be a popular. Actually, it would probably be more popular with me. But the Xbox will let me stay in contact with my clan, so that would be the one I'd get. But I'm not going for a long time.

As of now, there are too little details known regarding the next generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony. I am definitely buying a Wii U, however. Now that the dust has settled from E3, Nintendo's first foray into HD is poised to be the greatest console launch in gaming history. Traditional first party Nintendo fans will be allured by New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3, Wii Fit U, Nintendo Land as well as Just Dance 4 will get the casuals going in packs, and titles like Assassin's Creed III, ZombiU, and Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition will nab even the most "hardcore" gamer. It's a balanced approach that follows the company's overarching philosophy of appealing to the broadest audience possible.

As I stated at the beginning of my post, there is little released information regarding the other two 8th generation consoles but I will nevertheless purchase them both because owning all three systems is what a true gamer does to get the best of all worlds. Sure, Microsoft's and Sony's products may fall victim to waves of shooter titles but there are so many other gems to look forward to on their existing hardware. For example, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for PS3 has me seriously excited with its engrossing story and cute anime style that looks like something taken straight out of Nintendo's book. Rest assured that when the next generation starts, I'll be there balancing my gameplay between the three companies (although my slight bias towards Nintendo shall always remain).

MW7

I will definitely have a Wii U by the time the new Zelda comes out unless it seems like the game designers took a really, really misguided approach to the game from my perspective. Even then I will probably still buy it.

Much too early for me to make an informed decision. The next Xbox & Playstation consoles technically haven't even been officially announced yet. Who knows what they'll really be like, let alone what games will be available for them. The only console you can make any sort of decision on at this point is the WiiU. From what I've seen of it at E3, it isn't currently appealing to my sensibilities at the moment. Maybe (hopefully) that will change from now until launch.

I will say though that I've spent the most time on my 360 this generation by far. That definitely doesn't mean I'll automatically go out and purchase the next one though just because it has ''Xbox'' on it. I'm guessing we'll see the rest of the next gen consoles at next years E3.

Wii U, i havnt heard of anything of other consoles? The tablet looks really fun to play with anyway, and the fact that it will play wii games is also something that makes me happy.

Also A_LINK, Ni No Kuni looks absolutly beautiful, im very much looking forward to it myself!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I will be eventually getting both the WiiU and the PS4, but it may be a few months when the initial hype is over and the price has been lowered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom