• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which New and Returning Items Would You Like to See?

Also, is it important to you that items be displayed as individual objects like they were in past Zelda games, or would you mind if they showed up as runes/abilities tied to a central item like the Sheikah Slate?

Im fine with keeping items as runes but i want my clawshots back.

I agree that it would be cool to see them again, but they do pose some problems. The developers seriously considered the duel clawshots, but concluded that it broke the climbing mechanic: https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/1...d-link-swinging-like-spider-man-says-director

Maybe if rock wasn't a valid target, but softer substances such as wood (for instance, trees) were target-able, then climbing and the hookshot could possibly co-exist.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
hnstly, I'd love a Spinner return, imagine if it, too, could scale everything and not be dependent on rails! Like a faster, horizontal version of BotW climbing. But of course it'd have to be having some sort of limitations to not make it too OP.

Hookshot would be fun to have back but only if the targets hookshot can attach to are less obvious and masked better

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Its not really an Item more or less a gameplay mechanic: I always thought that the falconry mechanic found in Twilight Princess was a neat concept. I would really like to see the player have the ability to capture a falcon, hawk or eagle and train it to either, scout out territory that might have enemies, pick off wounded enemies, or retrieve certain things from places that are out of reach of the player (Such as rupees, arrows, monster remains, keys etc.)

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
Its not really an Item more or less a gameplay mechanic: I always thought that the falconry mechanic found in Twilight Princess was a neat concept. I would really like to see the player have the ability to capture a falcon, hawk or eagle and train it to either, scout out territory that might have enemies, pick off wounded enemies, or retrieve certain things from places that are out of reach of the player (Such as rupees, arrows, monster remains, keys etc.)
The last few Assassin's Creed games have had a similar mechanic, but it mostly is used for scouting. The idea of using a bird in a Zelda game to retrieve items and distract enemies appeals to me.

MW7

I'd be fine with everything being tied to a rune, but they could also do half and half. Some things would feel silly to be attached to a rune. For example I'd really like water exploration to be improved via a Zora tunic/flippers/scale that lets you dive deep and walk on the floor of bodies of water. I'd like the game to have an underwater city and/or dungeon to explore.

Other things I'd like to see in some form would be Pegasus Boots, Hookshot/Clawshot, Cane of Somaria (could be as simple as a heavy bomb option on the rune), and Power Bracelets.

Also something I've wanted for a long time ever since I played Ocarina of Time is a more functional Farore's Wind that lets you set and warp back in any situation that is a dungeon item (or could work as a rune) with its own puzzles dedicated to it. Also if there's a light world/dark world or present/past mechanic, I'd want the warp to work between worlds. For example imagine the Spirit Temple in Ocarina of Time, but there's a final puzzle in which young Link needs to crawl through a hole, set a warp, travel to the future, warp back to the location in the Spirit Temple, and then adult Link is equipped to finish the puzzle in that room. You wouldn't want to overdo cross world puzzles like that because it would be tedious, but it could work as a boss key puzzle.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Not so much an item, but I’d love to see the elegy of emptiness return. It’s one of my favorite playable songs in the series, and it’s never quite utilized to its fullest potential. Igos du Ikana calls the statue a soldier, but we never see it fight or anything, it just holds down switches.

How about it acts as a turret that will attack enemies that come in range? It can still feel like a lifeless husk, just make the animations look like it’s dead (If GameFreak can get away with it, why not anouma?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom