• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Which Mario Kart Tracks Would You Like to See Return?

One of the biggest announcements during the latest Nintendo Direct was that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe would be receiving DLC with past courses from the series.

Three tracks were explicitly named: Wii Coconut Mall, N64 Choco Mountain, and Tour Tokyo Blur. But if you look closely, you can see a few more, like 3DS Toad Circuit, DS Shroom Ridge, and Tour Paris Promenade.

We still have some room to daydream for tracks we'd like to see. As with previous Mario Kart 8 DLC, a track being remade again is allowed.

Personally, I'd love to at least see some of the following:

SNES Vanilla Lake 1
N64 Wario Stadium
GBA Sunset Wilds
GBA Lakeside Park
GCN Waluigi Stadium
GCN Mushroom City
GCN DK Mountain
GCN Wario Colosseum
DS Mario Circuit
Wii Toad's Factory
Wii DK Summit
Wii Maple Treeway
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
3DS Wuhu Loop
3DS Maka Wuhu
3DS Wario's Shipyard

What are some tracks you'd like to see remade?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Honestly though, it'd be cool to see MKDS's Rainbow Road like properly fleshed out with those anti-gravity loops that were before its time. It'd be highly compatible with MK8's gimmick for it.
they really nailed the antigrav gimmick. One of the mario circuits has like a triple corkscrew that lets you see part of the track wholly upside down and it just does such a good job of making you feel upside down instead of just implying it

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
64/DS Banshee Boardwalk
GCN Rainbow Road
GCN DK Mountain
GCN Mushroom City
GCN Mushroom Bridge
GCN Daisy Cruiser
GCN Peach Beach
DS Airship Fortress
DS Yoshi Falls
3DS Maka Wuhu
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
3DS Rosalina's Ice World

Probably others that I'd also want added, but these are some of the first to come to mind.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I would love to see something based off of MapelTreeway from the Wii. I played the heck out of that course, to the point where I could probably do it with my eyes closed. It would be cool to see what they do with the branches and anti gravity mechanic combined, I can imagine some pretty awesome stuff. The music for that course is the absolute best, too.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Obviously Waluigi Pinball. That is the Mario Kart track. If only 1 course were to return, that should be it.

Also, Mario Kart 7 had the best version of Rainbow Road to date, so bringing that one back would be nice.

Aside from that, I really can’t think of any more courses that I absolutely love from previous titles. I just hope that there aren’t too many courses from games prior to DS, because let’s be honest, there are very few courses from the first 4 MK titles that are interesting at all.

I just hope that there aren’t too many courses from games prior to DS, because let’s be honest, there are very few courses from the first 4 MK titles that are interesting at all.
Most older courses are fairly flat due to limitations, and that's probably the biggest reason they're less interesting as tracks. I would be interested in seeing some pre-DS courses, but yeah, I'd prefer the majority to be from the more "3D" entries.

But if they put the amount of effort into reimagining them that they have done for returning courses in MK8 thus far, then I would be for seeing some tracks from the 2D games. Really excellent example is the overhaul Ribbon Road received in the first DLC. But I'm really not sure how much they'll be overhauling the courses like that for this DLC due to its magnitude. It'll be a massive workload to give every course that extensive of a treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom