• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Manga Are You Currently Reading?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
And now I've started a brand new manga called Witch Watch. The artist did the manga for Astra Lost in Space, which is a series I plan to read since I loved the anime adaption of it. Witch Watch is really good so far. Cute, goofy, entertaining, and has a really interesting premise of a witch and ogre, two childhood friends, becoming roommates. I recommend it.

1bdec4e2a20697a99ffcc2ebd82ae5a24c419ddc.jpg

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Pfft! Who reads manga?
Stitch reads manga and is in the middle of a classic shoujo

Been following One Piece, but this Wano Country arc is wearing out it's welcome massively. They keep making it seem like we're going to get a nice intense battle but then it happens off-screen and we go right back to seeing another group of characters aimlessly running around. This has been a bad habit of Oda for a while now after Fishman Island. It's depressing for me to say the anime is getting better in my eyes now thanks to being better paced, making the visuals less cluttered, and actually showing battles that the manga didn't have time for because Oda would prefer to just show us how many cultural references he knows.

There's been a rise in the oddly specific 'villainess reincarnation' genre, so I thought I'd check out one of the first ones, "My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!" and despite being a shoujo, I'm bizarrely into it. Catarina (or 'Bakarina') is one of the funniest protagonists I've seen in a while.

One of the best manga I've read that more people need to see to believe is "Sh1tei Bouryoku Shoujo Shiomi-chan", (replace the 1 with an "i" cause auto-censor) it's about a 56-year old yakuza mob boss who goes undercover by a plastic surgeon to avoid assassins, but the surgeon gives him the appearance of a junior high school girl. What makes it great though is actually how seriously the plot takes itself, showing intense and graphic mob wars going on, while still showing some of the funniest slapstick comedy I've ever seen. The boss himself is also a really well written character.

breakbone.png

Last edited:
Primarily reading Gantz; at like chapter 150 or so. A fun, absurd read but not something I'd recommend if you want a serious or epic story. Other than that. re-reading some Berserk in honor of the late Kentaro Miura, occasionally reading Yawara! and Claymore as well.

Kirino

Tatakae
I started Berserk just a bit before the author died, and it's also the first manga I've really read, not counting series that I've started as anime and continued as manga. At chapter 60 and really loving it so far.

I started Berserk just a bit before the author died, and it's also the first manga I've really read, not counting series that I've started as anime and continued as manga. At chapter 60 and really loving it so far.
For anyone looking to read Berserk I'd recommend skipping the first few chapters and starting with the Golden Age arc.

Kirino

Tatakae
For anyone looking to read Berserk I'd recommend skipping the first few chapters and starting with the Golden Age arc.
I started at the beginning, and having just finished the Golden Age arc, I can see why you'd say that, given that they take away the surprise. I've generally heard not to skip them, though, and I think there's some benefits to going through them first. I could see either decision, really.

I started at the beginning, and having just finished the Golden Age arc, I can see why you'd say that, given that they take away the surprise. I've generally heard not to skip them, though, and I think there's some benefits to going through them first. I could see either decision, really.
I suppose it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I recently reread volume 1 and there's enough intrigue there. Wanting to find out why Guts is such an asshole and what happened to him. I do think going into Golden Age blind would have the greatest emotional impact.

In an ideal scenario, I imagine the Castlevania cartoon team adapting the manga and starting with Golden Age, and making it as faithful to the manga as possible (keeping Donovan)

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Just started one called Primitive Boyfriend, about a girl who goes back in time and falls in love with a cave man. Pretty good so far but I only just finished book 1.

70 chapters in on Vinland Saga. This is at least a 7, maybe 8/10. The climax to the prologue was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom