• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Links Would You Like to See in the New SSB Games?

READ BELOW!!!

• OoT Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TP Link

• SS Link

• MM Link

• TWW Link

• Total voters
I voted before I read the top post, so I voted for everyone:/. sorry. if i had to choose, SS for adult (but noboomerang!?), and, if with mask, MM Link. but if no transformations, than WW Link.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Like Fig I would like Majora's Mask Link to return, but this time with all three of the Transformation Masks at his disposal, and the powers that went with them. Perhaps through this use of the Final Smash balls this can be achieved by turning Link into a Deku, Goron, or Zora randomly, and for a short time.

That, or they could save Fierce Deity Link as his Final Smash variation. I prefer this over the other three. It would be a whole lot simpler to pull of developmentally and more epic to use in an actual fight.

Personally, I would love to see Ocarina of Time Link, but I know they already used his model for the first two games in the series. Twilight Princess Link was cool, but he was so slow! :O

I agree with you there. The development team has been cutting Link's specialties down little by little. But if you stop to think about it, that would make sense because they added Toon Link to Brawl as well as an unlockable character. Toon Link would be faster by default since he was smaller than Twilight Princess Link; but if handled right I could still dominate TL with TP Link. It all comes with timing, you see. ;J

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I would like to have Young Link from Majora's Mask.
He could use the Pokemon Mechanic where he switches between Deku, Zora, Goron, and regular by pressing B Down.
The Final Smash could be Fierce Deity Link.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I believe SS Link should make his debut, but if they prefer to use Twilight Princess Link that's fine. Along the lines of a child Link, I'd go with Majora's Mask Link. I wasn't too fond of Toon Link. :sweat:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I want SS link as the adult link

and I want to see the return of Toon Link as well

and IK that it might be unacceptable to have more than 2 links, but.... i want MM LINK AS WELL.
He could hve the 3 main masks, the zora goron and deku masks, and use them in a similar way that pokemon trainer works in brawl

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I'd like to see a young and adult Link, and a toon Link, it could work.

I would Like a SS Link for adult, MM Link, not as young link but just as an addition, who i think should just have three masks to change inbetween (Goron, Zora, and Deku) and for the final smash he put on the fierce deity mask, and i would want OoT young Link, and last Toon Link like in Brawl, yes i know thats 4 Links but it could work.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I voted for all five. Why? Because every Link can appear in Smash Bros. 4. How? I'll explain. Again. For about the fifth time on these forums.

There should be a general Adult Link character, and a Child Link character. They are interchangeable between OOT Link, TP Link, SS Link and Wii-U Link (read last paragraph) at the menu, and act like colour schemes of each other, only it changes there models, animations and voice, while keeping the same general moves and attacks. The same for MM Link and WW Link, which keep the same differences from Adult Link, such as running faster, jumping higher and being weaker.

The models of each Links swords, shields, bow, boomerang, bombs and clothing would come from each of their respective games. For example, OOT Link uses the boomerang from OOT and TP Link uses the Gale Boomerang.

Everybody would be pleased and be able to pick their favourite Link. It doesn't even fill up lots of spaces in the roster, which has been stated that it will not be much bigger than Brawls. Balance would not be an issue, because each Link would be almost identical, and there only differences are there physical models, voice and animations.

Also, remember when Smash Bros. Brawl was announced in 2006? Twilight Princess wasn't out yet, and yet featured Twilight Princess Link. This can be applied to Smash Bros. 4. It could, with a chance, feature Wii-U Link, even if it isn't released. Heck, SSB4 Link could even be based on the Wii-U Tech Demo. Ganondorf's Design in Melee was based on the Gamecube Tech Demo.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
TP Link Adult (or even possibly Zelda Wii U Link that we haven't seen yet)
SS Link wouldn't go with a fighting game IMO.

OoT Link Child (unless we get a sick 3DS Link)
WW Link doesn't look like enough of a fighter compared to OoT child link.

Also we haven't really thought too much about a new Zelda coming out before SSB, they may use a new Link we haven't seen yet.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
I'd actually like to see 8 bit link from LoZ. If they could bring back Mr. Game and Watch, I'm sure they'd be able to pull it off lol. Other than that, MM Link, maybe with interchangeable masks.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I think Skyward Sword Link should Definitly be included and maybe young Link from Oot, mostly because, even though the games are good, Im not big on the WW animations...
Also SS Link has so many cool new items, it'd be interesting how they would set up the controls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom