• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which iterations of zelda/link/ganon have the lowest/worst quality of their respective triforce piece

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
only ganon hiding out for the whole game is TP lol
Well that's kinda the idea there. He's supposed to be a plot twist. WW Ganon just kinda waits for Link and Zelda to come to him, he's pulling the strings, and while that's not bad it's not as much raw power as other Ganons which is why I said he's the least powerful (:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Well that's kinda the idea there. He's supposed to be a plot twist. WW Ganon just kinda waits for Link and Zelda to come to him, he's pulling the strings, and while that's not bad it's not as much raw power as other Ganons which is why I said he's the least powerful (:
giphy.gif

TL The Legend

Likes OoT way more than he should.
Zelda is a bit harder, as none of them are shown to be particularly unwise. If we’re equating “wise” to “intelligent” then the only Zelda that comes to mind is ST Zelda, who generally seems to come off as below average to me. The only issue is that she never has the triforce, so she’s not really in the running.

I feel like the Triforce doesn't give you the traits it embodies, just amplifies them. OoT Link literally fought a giant spider, ReDeads, and a giant lizard monster thing, then had massive boulders rained on him, had to put up with Ruto, and then got shocked by Ganon's energy ball thingy right after he watched the person who gave him this whole "find the spiritual stones" quest run away in fear, and still kept going to the Temple of Time. Imagine being a 10-year-old who's never left the safety of your forest, and then looking a ReDead right in the face. That takes a lot of courage to not just run away screaming. It's my belief that Link, Zelda, and Ganon are already a lot more courageous/wise/powerful than most people, which is why the Triforce chooses them. Therefore, I think having the Triforce or not is irrelevant, just expect them to be slightly less courageous/wise/powerful without the Triforce than without.
edit: also zelda 1 link is the most courageous person you'll ever meet who doesn't actually have the triforce

Mikey the Moblin

It's my belief that Link, Zelda, and Ganon are already a lot more courageous/wise/powerful than most people, which is why the Triforce chooses them. Therefore, I think having the Triforce or not is irrelevant, just expect them to be slightly less courageous/wise/powerful without the Triforce than without
p sure this is canon according to twilight princess
ganon's obsession with power over all else is what leads the triforce of power to choose him

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Link is a hard choice. As a character, he's just sort of mediocre in every installment. In terms of worst? Probably TP. He's the incarnation of Link who suffers the most from being pulled along without any real say or decision making. At most, there might be a dramatic nod before he goes back to being bossed around by people with dialogue.

As for worst of Ganon and Zelda? Probably Twilight Princess. Both are barely present in a game in which they are ostensibly supposed to be main characters. Ganon shows up at the last minute with no motivation outside of grrr-I'm-evil, and Zelda spends most of her time not being there.

EDIT: I have noticed the thread title and realized I'm still an idiot. That being said, my opinion remains unchanged. This is a Link who is pulled every step of the way with very little initiative (though this goes, a Zelda whose biggest act of wisdom is putting on a cloak and standing dramatically in the moonlight, and a Ganon who accomplished absolutely nothing as a villain.

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

Link is a hard choice. As a character, he's just sort of mediocre in every installment. In terms of worst? Probably ALTTP. The SNES was home to the Final Fantasy games at the time (and each protagonist in those games has more characterization than Link does in every Zelda title), so Link's total silence and lack of characterization is even more evident there.

As for worst of Ganon and Zelda? Probably Twilight Princess. Both are barely present in a game in which they are ostensibly supposed to be main characters. Ganon shows up at the last minute with no motivation outside of grrr-I'm-evil, and Zelda spends most of her time not being there.
READ THE THREAD

TP Ganon gets whipped around with a fishing rod so I might go with him for least powerful.

OOT Link is courageous in his actions, but less so in his presentation. No other Link was practically wetting their bed from Gannondorf nightmares. So I will go with him for least courageous.

No particular Zelda comes to mind as being 'unintelligent'. TP Zelda seemed fairly helpless/incompetent though so I'd probably go with her. Midna does most of the strategizing that actually leads to the defeat of Ganon in that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom