• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which iterations of zelda/link/ganon have the lowest/worst quality of their respective triforce piece

So the least-wise Zelda is obviously OoT Zelda. She had a prophetic dream and then created a self-fulfilling prophecy. Idiot. The least powerful Ganon is definitely the Oracle Ganon or maybe Dark Beast Ganon. These mindless beasts, while the embodiment of Ganon's pure hatred, do not have the cunning necessary to be truly powerful. The least courageous Link is much harder. All end up taking on their difficult adventures with very, very little hesitation.

Let's do too much analysis, as is standard in my posts. Zelda 1 Link is just some kid who gets recruited by Impa to save the entire ruined kingdom. Zelda 2 Link crosses an ocean to find the Triforce of Courage. ALttP Link, after being told to stay in his house, breaks into the castle to save Zelda. LA Link needs to get out of his dream. And...there we go. Little wimpy Link's Awakening Link gets stuck in a dream and wants to get out. Boohoo, so sad. There's no courage involved in trying to leave an island you got stuck on.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This is a tough one. Years ago I probably would have said the Hero of Time was the least courageous because he has really has no stake in the quest to save Hyrule, he is just doing it because he was told to. My view has changed, I think he is probably one of the more courageous Heroes precisely because his quest wasn't spurred by personal matters. So that leaves the Heroes who only went on their quests because they were forced to. I want to say Wind Waker Link is the least courageous, at least at the start of his quest where it's more rash behaviour that drives him than true courage.

As for the least wise Zelda, it's either Zelda from Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time. I might be tossing TP Zelda in here unfairly, because my reasoning is we don't get to see her too often, and we know so little about her. With that in mind, it probably goes to Ocarina of Time Zelda. It's an interesting dillema where we have to wonder if Ganon really would have accessed the Sacred Realm if Zelda hadn't requested Link to open the door of time. Plus as an adult she sends Link back in time to relive his childhood, dooming Hyrule to fall when Ganon returns in the future. She shouldn't have tampered with time.

Any of the mindless Ganons are the least powerful, so Ganon from the Oracle games, or A Link Between Worlds.

I want to say Wind Waker Link is the least courageous, at least at the start of his quest where it's more rash behaviour that drives him than true courage.
My gut answer was Wind Waker Link, but this dude went around the entire goddamn sea and literally pieced together the Triforce of Courage. Like, that's ballsy. Ballsy as hell. I think the only one who continues their journey purely out of personal necessity is the Link from LA and that makes him the least courageous.

but, this link is the same link from alttp, no?
I wasn't even thinking about timeline canonicity. If we are going by that, the Hero of Hyrule, Hero of Legend, Hero of Time, Hero of Winds, Hero of the Sky, Hero of the Wilds are all out for me. Maybe the Hero of Light from Four Swords Adventures or maybe the Hero of the Four Sword from Four Swords? Like, Vaati kidnaps his best friend Zelda and he's like "Well, guess I won't save her." And the Hero of the Four Swords doesn't even fight Ganon and barely sees any of Hyrule...yeah, this dude is not courageous. But if we're talking about individual games, I'd still give it to LA Link.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I feel like our reasoning for all three of these is just off.

For instance, how does a mindless version of Ganon make him less powerful? I mean sure, he’s less of a threat, but I don’t think that “power” requires intelligence. I’d argue that “power” just means you’re capable of accomplishing whatever goal you want, even if that goal is rather dim-witted or achieved through raw strength as opposed to well thought out plans. Going by that logic, I’d say the title for the least powerful Ganon would go to either Zelda 1 Ganon due to having a single attack or BotW Ganon because his triforce of “power” couldn’t overcome Zeldas Triforce despite having 100 years to do so. Of the 2 I’d go with BotW Ganon just because of how much of a pushover he is to fight.

Zelda is a bit harder, as none of them are shown to be particularly unwise. If we’re equating “wise” to “intelligent” then the only Zelda that comes to mind is ST Zelda, who generally seems to come off as below average to me. The only issue is that she never has the triforce, so she’s not really in the running. I guess OoT Zelda is worth a mention since she’s decided that it was a good idea to have a 10 year old gather the 4 things the bad guy needed all in one place, though she also didn’t have the triforce at that moment. I guess I’d go with LttP/OoX Zelda, as she gets kidnapped 3 separate times, 2 of which because she didn’t realize that standing in the first place the bad guy would look is a bad idea. She also does literally nothing throughout all three games.

Finally, there’s the Links. Remember, being courageous doesn’t mean not being scared, it means doing what’s right despite being scared. It’s why I consider Luigi to be the most courageous character in the Mario universe. Therefore the least courageous link would probably be the one that shows no fear. I’d rule out the ones that have personal stakes in doing it, as they would become more courageous from that if anything, and I think you can’t really make the call on the earlier links just because their games weren’t able to show much. I’d probably go with OoT/MM link, just because he doesn’t show much emotion, and just does stuff. Personally I think this gives him a ton of personality, if inadvertently, but it makes him seem unfazed by the things going on around him. The only time he ever really shows any fear is when he’s first turned into a deku scrub, and even then he immediately continues on like nothing happened.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
My gut answer was Wind Waker Link, but this dude went around the entire goddamn sea and literally pieced together the Triforce of Courage. Like, that's ballsy. Ballsy as hell. I think the only one who continues their journey purely out of personal necessity is the Link from LA and that makes him the least courageous.
I think the Hero of Legend did plenty, his quest on Koholint shouldn't negate what he did before.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I think that OoT Zelda is the least wise, to a certain extent. I think that like Link, she needed more time. Her prophetic dream forced her to act to soon, before she had grown enough and it ended up causing more trouble for everyone. Really nobody in OoT was supposed to have their triforce pieces, it was all because of Zelda's meddling.
Ganon from TLoZ is prbly the lamest. By that point in the timeline he is all monster, and lets his guard down. He has barely any scheme or visable intelligence. Way under utilized.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The thread title and OP together seem to make a paradox. Soley by OP, I'd say OoT Zelda for least wise, but she didn't have the Triforce piece when she was messing everything up. By the same standard, WW Link is the least courageous, because he doesn't have the Triforce. The least powerful Ganon is the good question. I'd disagree that the beast versions are less powerful. I honestly wanna say TP or WW. Both just use others and don't really show up until the end. I'll probably say WW for least powerful tho, because TP Ganon actually does become a beast, as well as corrupt Zant, while WW Ganondorf just has a puppet

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
The thread title and OP together seem to make a paradox. Soley by OP, I'd say OoT Zelda for least wise, but she didn't have the Triforce piece when she was messing everything up. By the same standard, WW Link is the least courageous, because he doesn't have the Triforce. The least powerful Ganon is the good question. I'd disagree that the beast versions are less powerful. I honestly wanna say TP or WW. Both just use others and don't really show up until the end. I'll probably say WW for least powerful tho, because TP Ganon actually does become a beast, as well as corrupt Zant, while WW Ganondorf just has a puppet
only ganon to successfully assemble the triforce tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom