• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is the Hardest Game Ever Made?

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I searched the forums and was surprised I did not find this thread already. I´ve just ordered copies of Ghost´s ´n Goblins and Super Ghosts and Ghouls, two games that are supposed to be on the "harder" side. I owned a copy of Ghost´s ´n Goblins when I was a kid and it is the hardest game I´ve ever tried. I wasn´t even close to beating it. I´ve looked around the internet and it seems the series Ninja Gaiden is even supposed to be harder!

What´s the hardest game you ever played?

(And for you who think AoL is hard, on the list that says Ninja Gaiden is the hardest AoL was number 22 ;))

Amelie

Air Dancer
For me it is AoL. I dont play a whole lot of games though. But this one is just very hard for me. I know I could finish it if I really sat down and played it and maybe I will some day. Heavy barrel for NES is also a really hard one for me.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Mega Man Network Transmission for Game cube was really hard. I spent my first 3 years
trying to get to fireman and the next year trying to beat him. Just awhile ago i beat him and now I need to fight Gutsman and when I was fighting him, it turns out i had nothing good to fight him with

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
The Ninja Gaiden games are difficult via a combination of good difficulty and pain in the butt programming flaws such as instantly respawning enemies. That is probably what gets me the most.

Kybyrian

I'm not good at thinking of hard games, but I'd have to go with Final Fantasy IV. I had to really level up in that game a lot. Get my people to level up by going out and fighting all of the time, and the final boss still seems nearly invincible.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Battletoads is definitely up there. I was never able to get past the speeder bike level. That was just brutally vicious, especially to a 10 year old.

At a time, AoL was a tough one for me as well. I've got better and better as time's progressed, but again, as a 10 year old trying to beat that thing, I often got stuck looking for the hammer. Once I passed that part, everything else was just nasty. It's like the first couple of temples held your hand a bit, then they just kicked you out a door into the harsh world and said "Good Luck!"

F-Zero GX was a tough one also. The overwhelming sense of speed was really hard for someone to just pick up and play. Turns were really tight, and the enemy AI could be brutal. It's still probably my favourite racing game out there though.

Although the gameplay wasn't brutal, the original Metroid's lack of a map made for some tough times. Thank you Nintendo Power for easing up the difficulty on that one!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
ninja gaiden black is rediculous. the grunts are even hard to kill in that game. the boss battles are fun as hell but you have to be so careful because you can get hurt pretty easily and they hard to approach. the random ninjas you fight on the street are nearly as skilled as you are. there is no easy mode either... its basically made for those of us who are fast thinkers and can button mash like no other. thats the hardest game ive ever played in my entire life!

by the way... 900th POST!!!

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Although the gameplay wasn't brutal, the original Metroid's lack of a map made for some tough times. Thank you Nintendo Power for easing up the difficulty on that one!

Funny that you mentioned this cause I was just going to bring it up: Metroid! The original!! I don´t remember having extremly rough experiences with this game as a child but I recently started to play it (quite some years later) and it´s not a piece of cake! Some things are really hard to find, like the energy tanks and the varia suit. I guess some people try to find Kraid at an early point but they are up for huge trouble unless they first find the varia suit and also the boots, the ice beam etc. I really understand if people get frustrated by this game cause I really start to reach that point :lol: (I can´t seem to remember where the things are hidden anymore)

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!

I know a few people who got themselves some grid paper and made maps for themselves.

Ghosts n' Goblins
I was bored in Target so I decided to play a demo of Ghosts n' Goblins.
It was HELLA HARD.
I kept dying every five seconds.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Ghosts n' Goblins
I was bored in Target so I decided to play a demo of Ghosts n' Goblins.
It was HELLA HARD.
I kept dying every five seconds.

I know I mentioned in this thread that Ghosts ´n Goblins was the most difficult game I had ever played, we surely had something in common about that.

I´ve been looking around the internet for lists and threads about hard games. For the NES for instance two games are often mentioned, they are: Silver Surfer and Ikari Warriors. If you thought that you died a lot in GnG, try those games, I did :lol: (Ghosts ´n Goblins doesn´t seem that hard anymore)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Ghost's n' Goblins and Super Ghosts'n'Ghouls are pretty hard, along with Ninja Gainden

Metroid's hardness dies after you play it for some days.

Mega Man games can also be pretty hard, as well as AoL, but none of them can be compared to the ultimate nightmare of videogames: The Nes Silver Surfer...
The game is a huge pain in the butt, a completely frustrating videogame, I hate it with all my strenght, as well as I love it for being so Hard

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Okay, seriously. Ghosts 'n' Goblins is definitely horribly hard, but Cybernoid is definitely harder. You really have no idea how hard that game is until you play it. Silver Surfer and Cybernoid are both horribly hard games, but Cybernoid is certainly harder. I haven't had any game give me as much trouble as Cybernoid has. I'm sure many others will come to mind, but Cybernoid definitely takes the award for the hardest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom