• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Which is Harder: Water Temple VS. Great Bay Temple

Which is harder: Water Temple VS. Great Bay Temple.

• Water Temple :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great Bay Temple :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Which one do you guys think is harder i just completed GBT For the first time and i thought it was PAINFUL EXTREMELY PAINFUL it gives me chills just thinking about it :(

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think the Great Bay Temple is much harder. It takes everything that made the Water Temple difficult, and makes a bigger puzzle with even more variables. The Water Temple isn't too bad once you've been through it a couple times, but the GBT is such that even after you've been through it, you could still get confused about what you were doing.

Like the Water Temple, it has 3D puzzles, sinking and filling rooms to different levels, diving and using certain abilities... and lots of passages and ways of reaching various rooms. It's not at all clear on first inspection how everything fits together. I think the pipes, increased size/number of rooms, and the new features of Zora form are what contribute to make this temple considerably harder.

Also, there are areas where you have to freeze water using Ice Arrows, there are places where you have to mess with scales and waterwheels... it just includes so many new concepts, as well as different uses for them.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
the water temple is pretty small with keys and changing water levels
for the great bay temple theres switches everywhere, currents, pipes etc. and if you leave it all gets reset. i'd rather do the water temple

Kazumi

chagy
No contest, the Great Bay Temple is definitely more difficult, especially for your first time through it. It's quite confusing when you first start and get to the main room, and it's difficult to figure out what to do, with all of the currents and everything. The first time that I did the Temple I was very confused, and it took me quite a long time to do. However, it wasn't annoyingly difficult, just complicated. Once you got the hang of it and understood what you had to do, everything made sense and the Temple was quite fun. It was pretty well designed temple.

Pen

The game is on!
I think the Great Bay Temple is just a wee bit harder than the Water Temple. They are both pretty challenging and since they are challenging they are fun to go through, which is grand!

The Water Temple is hard because there are so many keys to collect throughout the dungeon, but other than that the Water Temple is rather easy. The Great Bay Temple on the other hand is harder, but that's mainly because there are so many places to go, I use to get lost over there. But I actually didn't find the Great Bay Temple as challenging as many other people had said before I took on the temple.

The boss fight was also a bit of a disappointment actually, I had only heard that Gyorg would be one of the absolute hardest bosses in the Zelda series. But lost only two hearts to him during our first battle (he was still my favorite boss in Majora's Mask though). And well, Morpha was just pathetic...

But I think what makes the Great Bay Temple harder than the Water Temple is that it's such a big dungeon, and that the boss battle was a wee bit more challenging.

MW7

I think the Great Bay Temple is just a wee bit harder than the Water Temple. They are both pretty challenging and since they are challenging they are fun to go through, which is grand!

The Water Temple is hard because there are so many keys to collect throughout the dungeon, but other than that the Water Temple is rather easy. The Great Bay Temple on the other hand is harder, but that's mainly because there are so many places to go, I use to get lost over there. But I actually didn't find the Great Bay Temple as challenging as many other people had said before I took on the temple.

The boss fight was also a bit of a disappointment actually, I had only heard that Gyorg would be one of the absolute hardest bosses in the Zelda series. But lost only two hearts to him during our first battle (he was still my favorite boss in Majora's Mask though). And well, Morpha was just pathetic...

But I think what makes the Great Bay Temple harder than the Water Temple is that it's such a big dungeon, and that the boss battle was a wee bit more challenging.

I agree with you in that the Great Bay Temple was only slightly harder than the Water Temple. The Water Temple was much easier to navigate than the Great Bay Temple IMO. Also I don't get how people say Gyorg is so tough either. I'd say he's the easiest boss in the game.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Am I seriously the only person that thought Great Bay was a lot easier than the Water Temple? Firstly, you can get lost in the water temple in like, 5 seconds. But the Great Bay Temple was more straight forward. You didn't have to second guess yourself to whether you went here, or went into that door. Yes, the temples are a lot difficult in MM but this one was actually the easiest next to Woodfall..

I'd say the water temple is easier to solve methodically, while the great bay temple is easier to memorise, meaning that, based on my personal experience, when you first play them the GBT is much harder, but after a few plays you can recreate the route, while the WT remains a case of visiting rooms you haven't been to yet until you find everything you need.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Which one do you guys think is harder i just completed GBT For the first time and i thought it was PAINFUL EXTREMELY PAINFUL it gives me chills just thinking about it
Oh me too, me too. I dread the day I retry MM because of that temple and its boss *shivers*

Yeah, the GBT is MUCH harder that the Water Temple, IMO. All the Water Temple requires is looking in every room possible. But the GBT just confused me to the point of screaming the first few times I tried it. Especially with all the currents and pipes.

i'm going to leave it at the water temple because, i love the Great Bay Temple, it's in my opinion one of the best dungeons in the series so naturally i've played it numerous times and got the hang of it by now, but the water temple, my god, Hylian Knight said it himself to me once and he's absolutely right, no matter how many times you replay the water temple you will always forget something that will cause you to either backtrack numerous times or sometimes forget what to do alltogether

The only problem I have with Great Bay is the final boss, although come to think of it the one-way water cycle system can be a pain to navigate. But generally I get through it quicker than the water temple.

The GBT was way more straight forward than the WT. The current in the big pipe room, allowed you to enter only a few pipes, so it wasn't very hard to backtrack your mistake. The water levels could get a bit tricky, but not impossible. Don't get me wrong, the GBT is one of my favorite temples in the series, just not as hard as the WT. In the WT everything looked alike (corridors, rooms), so it was very easy to mess up and forget where you were going or coming from. And there's ALWAYS, when I'm almost at the end, one key missing (well, in my case, most of the time it's the one in the Ruto room on the second level). It's quite easy to forget something, and it's a pain to backtrack everything in order to find it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Water Temple in my opinion is much harder, though it is easier to get lost in the Great Bay Temple.

GBT had puzzles. Not the convoluted type puzzles, but the sohardmakeyouthink type puzzles. You HAD to switch valves at the right areas to progress further. But, that was the only real challenge. Enemies were less than troublesome in my opinion, the environment was easy to get lost in, not difficult to solve.

WT on the other hand, had convoluted puzzles as well as semi-difficult enemies. Oh, and key placement was so obscure in one fashion of thinking, it was bordering on impossible to beat in some people's minds.

In the end, it really is just an opinion and your own personal experience with each temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom