• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is Harder, Metroid or Zelda?

Which is Harder, Metroid or Zelda?

• Metroid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Adolf Wolf

Okay, seriously. Who actually voted for Zelda? I know a few of the staffers did just to poke fun at me when I said to them Metroid was harder, but... WHAT?! :O

I honestly don't see how someone could really find Zelda harder, unless they were referring to specific games, had little experience in one series or the other, or had not even played one of them... :?

I was wondering the same thing ...

Anyway, the NES and SNES games contend with each other pretty well for difficulty, but the GCN Zelda games stand no chance against the difficulty of Metroid Prime 1 and 2. Even with only three hearts WW is too easy, by a long shot. TP, with a minimum number of heart containers, maybe could stand up to Prime 1, but Prime's still got better (puzzling) puzzles and better (challenging) bosses.

I wish I could compare OoT and MM to something Metroid ... why was there no Metroid on the N64, I wonder? Especially after Super Metroid, why would they not release an N64 Metroid?

I wish I could compare OoT and MM to something Metroid ... why was there no Metroid on the N64, I wonder? Especially after Super Metroid, why would they not release an N64 Metroid?
You can probably just compare them to the Metroid series in general, but to answer your question, there was a lot of issues involving Metroid around the N64 era. Some of it I believe involved a potential lack of interest, trouble getting a developer, things like that, although I'll confess I don't really know for certain. I will say this, however. Go to Metroid Database and look up in the news archive the news during that time period, the lifespan of the N64, when no Metroid games were released. It's funny as hell. :xd:

Agreed with the rest of your post 100%, by the way. :)

octorok74

TETTAC
I didn't by how hard the games were, but by how frustrating they are. I do get frustrated in Zelda games sometimes, but definitly not as much as in Metroid. In a bossfight in the Legend of Zelda, Link usually was fairies that come to his rescue. In Metroid I have 10 energy left and they last save room I was in is half a planet away.

Mute

一員
Well, thinking it over, I find neither too hard, with 2 exceptions. AoL and Zero Mission on Hard Mode. However, if I had to choose, I'd probably go with Metroid because I find the enemies a lot harder and they give a lot more damage than Zelda enemies. Of course, that's not counting the random stage hazards that show up, so that just helps make it a bit harder.

So I'm going with Metroid, since Zelda games as a whole are a bit on the easy side, at least when compared to Metroid.

metroid as a whole but the legend of zelda 2 was harder than any metroid game.

also if you thought metroid prime was too easy...then you really lower your standards cos the hardcore difficulty nes days are over

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I really don't think any Zelda has come close to Metroid's difficulty save for maybe AoL or ALttP... maybe. The older Metroid games are harder, but I do like that Prime Trilogy gives you a difficulty option. Zero Mission did, too.... but you know, even the hardest mode in Zero Mission is nothing compared to the original. That game... pft, that game is NUTS with difficulty.

Ever played the original Metroid? That game makes AoL seem like a walk in the park!

well i downloaded them both for vc, couldnt get get past about 1% of the game so i thought f it and got them both on an emulator so i can abuse save states

with save states metroid was easy but holy crap zelda 2 was hard, i struggled so much with it, even whilst i was abusing save states, the whole way through i was just thinking who the heck managed to beat this game without cheats or savestates

also ive beaten castlevania and contra so im not that crap at hard games its just that the adventure of link is the hardest game ive ever played

edit: let me rephrase that last sentence, the hardest GOOD game with a fair challenge i can think of tons of ****ty games harder than it
cheetah men 2
silver surfer
dragons lair (nes)
zelda cd-i

i can go on forever

with save states metroid was easy but holy crap zelda 2 was hard, even whilst i was abusing save states, the whole way through i was just thinking who the heck managed to beat this game without cheats or savestates
*raises hand*
I did. On VC. AoL is actually pretty easy. Metroid, on the other hand, was a lot harder. I agree with Master Kokiri that Metroid makes AoL seem like a walk through the park. The farthest I've gotten in Metroid was an Energy Pack and Missiles, haven't gotten to a single boss.

Talking about this makes me want to download Metroid onto my Wii. I think I'll wait for it, though.

You know, the original Metroid is the only Metroid game I haven't played all the way through. I just don't have enough old school talent to beat it. I sure the kids back in 89 could, but not me. Zero Mission is waaaay easier, and much cooler with all the new bosses and the mission after you destroy Mother Brain. I can, however, get through the original LoZ. Takes way more than a couple of deaths, but I can do it.

C

Carben

It doesn't take long to know that the Metroid series are notorious for being difficult and adventurous at the same time. Metroid did get annoying when the weak-spot of bosses would be covered up or you would have to wait for the right moment while taking damage at the same time! The fact that you can also fall in magma and be surrounded by enemies who would continually knock you back down in the molten magma.

The Legend of Zelda on the other hand is easy with your fancy fairies and potions to assist you on your quest. Also Link has a huge arsenal to subdue enemies quickly.

:)

Why is it that a lot of you are comparing Metroid to AoL? AoL in my opinion, is probably WAY easier than the first game. I'm not saying the first game was hard. I'm saying that the first game was a lot more cryptic than the sequel.

Anyway, AoL versus Metroid... Metroid makes everything you can do legal, just as long as you can do it under 3 hours. AoL has very little points where you could sequence break. But the game gives you enough spells, power-ups, and experience so that you don't need to. Not to mention you really don't need to because there's no bad ending. Thus, you can take your time and do whatever you want. Metroid? Go ahead and do whatever you want, that'll just let the Metroids multiply more or something like that.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
If I compare the Metroid games I've played to the Zelda games I've played, then definitely Metroid. No doubt about it. I've gotten so stuck on Metroid games that it frustrated the hell out me. In a good way. =P

Metroid Prime 1 and 3 were pretty easy overall, but still harder than many of the Zelda games, save for the early ones. Metroid Prime 2 was very challenging for me at the time, and it took a while for me to beat it. Probably my favorite out of the Prime series. I haven't played any of the Metroid games prior to the Prime series, so I can't say much about them, but I imagine they were a lot more challenging.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
If I compare the Metroid games I've played to the Zelda games I've played, then definitely Metroid. No doubt about it. I've gotten so stuck on Metroid games that it frustrated the hell out me. In a good way. =P

Metroid Prime 1 and 3 were pretty easy overall, but still harder than many of the Zelda games, save for the early ones. Metroid Prime 2 was very challenging for me at the time, and it took a while for me to beat it. Probably my favorite out of the Prime series. I haven't played any of the Metroid games prior to the Prime series, so I can't say much about them, but I imagine they were a lot more challenging.
You're one of the few I know who like 2 the best out of the Prime subseries. But yeah, it was more difficult than 1 and 3. I do miss that good frustration, though. It definitely sets the series on a higher "difficulty pedestal" than the Zelda series, but I don't know how much I'd like Zelda to be that hard. I don't mind the old frustrating difficulty of older Zelda games, but on a Metroid level... I dunno, I can't see it working.

Austin

Austin
Prime 2 alone is harder than any Zelda game I've played. I'd honestly rather take on all of the bosses from every Zelda game at once than try and beat the Boost Ball Guardian again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom