• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is better? Skyward Sword Vs Twilight Princess!

kikwi_lopsa

give me the cucco nuggets
i like TP but i like SS slightly more because the colors give me happier feelings and i find it more interesting to be on a birb instead of a horse and SS even has some intersting items that i think didnt appear in other zelda games

Midna is a terrible character and has poorly-constructed character "development". The character designs are the worst in the series. The artstyle is hideous and did not age well at all. The music ranges from ok to ear-gratingly bad, especially in the twilight sections. The twilight sections themselves were tedious and poorly designed. All of the dungeons except the City in the Sky were also poorly designed and slogs. Same for the bosses. The item use is the worst in the series, most of the items are only useful in the dungeons you get them from and 2 or 3 overworld puzzles. The story is poorly constructed and tryhard edgy.

So yeah, there's very little I like about it.
Might be a little late to the party xD but I would like to share an opinion, I agree on most of your points:
Midna was quickly and poorly made.
For « that » time, yes, the character designs are very « old » and the quality is really bad! And ofc it didn’t age well xp
But the music is great, like most of the Zelda games.
Yes the twilight section is very bad (small, annoying etc), but it was mostly because we all expectedly better.
BUT, the sky city was quite bad, with a very boring fight...
But the more I read, the more I understand that you literally don’t know anything about the Zelda franchise:
OoT has really boring boss fights, worst then most of the Zelda’s best fights. Compared to that, tp has cool boss fights like the sand temple with the half dragon and the reaper, but also the dungeon in the lost woods, where you can control statues!!!
The Wild West style fight in the Hidden Village, that was EPIC! I fealt like a lone Hyrule cowboy, and it made my childhood!
We’ve also got the mountain mansion, with the yetis, but we find out the existence of it after doing exciting detective-like quests.
And I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with the objects! Did you forget the Double crawshot and the spinner? The spinner! It basically rivals the best SS object which is the beetle (no disagreeing on the beetle!).
My final point is that no, the story is not poorly constructed, it’s just separated in different quests and by finishing them you finally find ganon and see the scene with Zant killing him off. (Which has a significant meaning)
So NO Tp is not the worst Zelda game because:
- It sold well (8.85 MILLION copies sold)
- Enjoyable to play because it’s long enough to actually have a good story
- Cool looking bosses (they might not be strong, but they look cool)
- The Spinner
- One of the best soundtracks (did you turn off the sound when you played?)
- Training session with the hero of time (yes that soldier is the hero of time)
- Dark theme (great for past emo selves)
- wolf link
- Backstory
- the bloody castle when we can see people
- Sand temple
- Fixing the world by teleporting the [Bridge for example] with Midnas powers
- Freakn boss fight against Zelda, with the cool tennis match
- Hidden village w/ a Wild West theme
- Lord of the rings looking monsters
- butterfly collecting and saving the old gold man
- Buying the magic armour
- You can stop reading but I still have tons
- Skeleton dragon boss fight
- Scary looking screaming dead zombie things
- when you use your brain to beat up the knight lizard
- riding with Zelda on Epona while she headshots Ganon
- Zant going through all the boss zones
- Zant fight!
- Sad moments with Midna
- Zelda saving Midna
- Skull kid and the Hide and seek game
- Skull kid theme and Midnas Lament
- Midna being a bish
- Links first love but then you grow out of it
- EPONAAAAAAA
- At this point you should stop reading
- Wrestling the Gorons
- Seeing the child of the dead Zora queen TwT
- Being able to use the objects in every situation (beating the crap out of everyone with the ball and chain, I know you’ve tried!)
- the great fairy design
- EGDY LINK IS GORGEOUS
- all characters look cool
- FREAKN DRAGON
- Black Knight fights (also in Hyruke castle I think)
- The fighting combos ( rolling to the side etc)
- You should've stopped, like REALLY STOPPED

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Skyward Sword :
1) Loftwing>Horse
2) I like wii motion plus instead of hack and slash at TP
3) Sky
4) The dungeons in SS are superior especially Ancient Cistern
5) Relatable characters like Groose

The only thing I didn't like about SS was the slight romantic Zelink ship

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Might be a little late to the party xD but I would like to share an opinion, I agree on most of your points:
For « that » time, yes, the character designs are very « old » and the quality is really bad! And ofc it didn’t age well xp
Yes the twilight section is very bad (small, annoying etc), but it was mostly because we all expectedly better.
But the more I read, the more I understand that you literally don’t know anything about the Zelda franchise:
OoT has really boring boss fights, worst then most of the Zelda’s best fights. Compared to that, tp has cool boss fights like the sand temple with the half dragon and the reaper, but also the dungeon in the lost woods, where you can control statues!!!
The Wild West style fight in the Hidden Village, that was EPIC! I fealt like a lone Hyrule cowboy, and it made my childhood!
We’ve also got the mountain mansion, with the yetis, but we find out the existence of it after doing exciting detective-like quests.
And I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with the objects! Did you forget the Double crawshot and the spinner? The spinner! It basically rivals the best SS object which is the beetle (no disagreeing on the beetle!).
My final point is that no, the story is not poorly constructed, it’s just separated in different quests and by finishing them you finally find ganon and see the scene with Zant killing him off. (Which has a significant meaning)
- The Spinner
- wolf link
- Backstory
- Sand temple
- Zant fight!
- Sad moments with Midna
- Zelda saving Midna
- Midna being a bish
- EPONAAAAAAA
- Wrestling the Gorons
- Being able to use the objects in every situation (beating the crap out of everyone with the ball and chain, I know you’ve tried!)
- the great fairy design
- EGDY LINK IS GORGEOUS
- FREAKN DRAGON
Almost everything you listed wasn't done well at all. The spinner was cool in theory, but its useless outside of the Arbiter's Grounds. It has no staying power. The double clawshots were what made City in the Sky the only fun dungeon, and even then, SS did them better. The boss fights were all pretty boring and repetitive, even compared to OoT. The music isn't very memorable, either. Hyrule Field theme is good, Midna's Lament is good (which is ironic that I like that theme considering how much I hate Midna, lol), the rest of the soundtrack was very forgettable. The only character in the game with any worth was Colin, and the game decided to ditch him for the rest of the story as soon as he has his one good moment. Lots of poor writing choices like that bog down the story, and its just a tedious game to play overall. Almost every other Zelda game is better by a longshot. I'd rather play through Adventure of Link again.

"You don't know anything about Zelda" strong words to say to someone who's been playing Zelda for 13 years :P

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Twilight Princess is (and you can fight me on this) one of the absolute best zelda games, not to mention my personal favorite. The world has so much depth to it. Yeah sure, Hyrule field is a tad lacking, but they make up for that in gorgeous towns and dungeon designs. You actually feel like people live there. Whereas with SS, all the areas feel very empty. Even skyloft, the one actual town in the game, didn't seem like it actually had enough people to continue as a civilization. The portions on the ground were all tedious and poorly constructed dungeons, so absolutley no open world elements. The dungeon in TP have this sort of well built mysteriousness about them that makes it seem as though theyve grown up with the landscape around them. The ones in SS are just like "welp okay nobody has lived here for centuries but eeeeeeeeeeeeey theres a factory!" It just doesn't make a lot of sense, and doesn't fit in at all with the surrounding world being built.
Another thing that makes TP (obviously) superior is that it has a way better story. In TP you always have that sense that the world is actually in jeopardy, as you actually have to help every town you visit. SS isnt like that. The only thing reminding you that the world is in danger is the looming dread of having to battle the imprisoned yet again.
Not to mention that the ending of SS when Ghirahim brought Zelda back to the past and awoke Demise could have been COMPLETELY avoided if Impa had just tolld Link how to reach the Triforce, without him having to go through the trouble of opening the time portal Ghirahim could never use, just for Zelda to tell him and say her "tragic goodbyes" in person
I could go on for eons, but to just wrap up some little things-
Midna is infinately less annoying than Fi, the items in TP were actually useful, Ooccoo are awesome, the boss fights in TP weren't Ghirahim levels of annoying, SS has spirit realms, and finally TP was like "oh hey have some well utalized motion controls" were as SS was more like "HEY WANT MOTION CONTROLS WE CAN PUT SOME HERE, OOOH AND OVER HERE TOO, MOTION CONTROLS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!"

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
- The Spinner
- wolf link
- Backstory
- Sand temple
- Zant fight!
- Sad moments with Midna
- Zelda saving Midna
- Midna being a bish
- EPONAAAAAAA
- Wrestling the Gorons
- the great fairy design
- EGDY LINK IS GORGEOUS
- FREAKN DRAGON
Haven't played SS but let's see a wallpost longer than this on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom