• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is Better OoT or WW

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
I only have 3 zelda games and i'm planing to get The wind waker but I also want to get OoT for the wii's virtual console so I need you guys opinion. Is WW better or is OoT better or do you just think I should get WW before OoT

post what you think :)

opps I spelled the wrong which :lol:

Last edited:

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Ocarina of Time first, then play Majora's Mask ;) that is my opinion. Those are the best Zelda games. Skyward Sword is awesome too.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
I have MM and SS but I don't have OoT and i don't have WW i'm asking if i should get wind waker first or OoT first

this reply was for theoathtoorder

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I have MM and SS but I don't have OoT and i don't have WW i'm asking if i should get wind waker first or OoT first

this reply was for theoathtoorder

Ocarina of Time. It is before WW in the official timeline too. You won't be disappointed. OoT is considered one of the best games of all time.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Although I do think The Wind Waker is in every conceivable way better than Ocarina of Time, I think I'd recommend you play Ocarina of Time first. It'd give you some understanding of the backstory to The Wind Waker as well as being more like Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword, the games you already have. Therefore, it'd be somewhat more familiar to you as The Wind Waker can be quite a departure to the norm for some people.

If you play The Wind Waker second it might also give you a better appreciation for how the series has changed over the years.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You should get OoT before TWW to understand the backstory to TWW ever so slightly. Really, TWW is in every technical way superior to OoT, but I just enjoy Ocarina more than Wind Waker. I suspect you'll enjoy TWW more than OoT! :yes:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
As much as I absolutely adore TWW (it's my favorite game), OoT is Zelda. It's the best critically acclaimed video game of all time, and its classic Zelda.

Play OoT first, then TWW shortly after ;)

I've always deemed Ocarina of Time superior to not only The Wind Waker but any game in the series for it's my ideal template for a Zelda game. Moreover, due to being one of the earlier installments the three dungeon-plot twist-another few dungeons-final boss plot twist hadn't been butchered to death yet.

OoT boasts superb dungeon design especially during the latter half of the game, memorable bosses, a stellar soundtrack with a fully functional instrument intertwined, and quick, easy transportation via Epona and ocarina warping. Several months ago there was a thread asking which system has the most revolutionary Zelda games. The obvious answer: the N64. While current titles continue to manifest the same level of brilliance it was Ocarina of Time and its successor, Majora's Mask, which made great strides forward in design and control. Maneuvering with the analog stick in the 3D plane was efficient and aiming improved with the lock-on feature.

The Wind Waker is by no means an inferior game but it failed to change the way we play as its two console predecessors had done. That said the narrative is easily the most poignant Nintendo has ever produced with colorful, dynamic characters who bring their problems to the forefront during a family ordeal and ultimate quest to rescue a kingdom from a delusional man.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
OOT, not only is it first in the timeline it's just a better game in my opinion and in the opinion of the critics. There is little wrong with the game. With the WW I found there was quite a few things wrong. Of course you should play them both but ultimately OOT is superior in nearly all respects.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's up to you, whether you play OoT or TWW, but I will be a rebel for today and say The Wind Waker, despite OoT being my favorite (as of now). While TWW may not necessarily be better than OoT, it's certainly ever so slightly different. The way Ganondorf is handled in TWW is one of the biggest reasons why I'd recommend the game to anyone; he seems to be a psycho and an anti hero...betwixt and between.

OoT is apparently bland, so maybe you might enjoy TWW a bit more, both from its narrative as well as the poppy cel shaded graphics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom