• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is best/worse Street Fighter movie or Mario Bros movie

There are some terrible movies of video games out there. In fact, all of them aside from Silent Hill and Mortal Kombat suck IMO.

Though some movies are so bad theyre good in a bad way, which is good?

I narrowed it down to Street Fighter and Mario Bros movies, the funniest, so-bad-theyre-entertaining movie video games there are.

But which is better/worse?

Mario is so different to the source material and so out there that its hard to look away, whereas Street Fighter has terribly awesome one liners and Raul Julia (who i loved).

Which do you all prefer?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I've never seen the Street Fighter movie, but it's got Raul Julia hamming it up like nobody's business as M. Bison in what I think was his last role. I mean, come on! There's nothing bad about that.

Now I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Mario Bros movie. I mean, sure, it's completely tonally inappropriate but HEY! It's imaginative and it's quite a faithful adaptation in many of its own 'unique' ways. Plus I think John Leguizamo is a woefully underrated actor (glad he's back in John Wick!) Plus Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper together make for a bit of an all star cast. Everyone actually looks like they're interested in being there, despite production being horrendously brutal. For a development process that hectic - to put it mildly - that movie turned out alright.

Here's the thing with video game movie adaptations though. These two really should be good video game screen adaptations because they're true enough to the source material (about as true as a mario adaptation can be without being totally bonkers like the games are). If you notice, most video games are patently ridiculous. Their plot characters settings scenarios and premises are absurd and hardly ever even make any coherent sense in their own context. Are we really supposed to take those Street Fighter characters seriously dressed and behaving like that? I don't. So Raul Julia's cartoony portrayal is really spot on (like only Raul Julia can). And Jean-Claud Van Damme is basically a living cartoon so~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom