• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Which Incarnations of Link and Zelda Are You Favorite?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I've played many of the games in the Zelda franchise, seen many verisons of our Hero and Damsel in Distress, but for me; there are versions of them that I prefered more than others.

For Link, I would have to say a tie between Oot Link and SS Link. Oot Link was awesome, he took up a huge burden on his shoulders at a very young age. He also went through a lot of emotional distress; he had to lose his best friend, and see what a terrible place his world had become in the seven years he had been asleep. I find it really admirable that he took all this in stride. SS Link on the other hand had all these cool abilities that none of the others had, such as dashing, climbing and that epic under-water spin attack. Also the fact that he (SPOILERS SPOILERS) had the entire triforce and actually created the master sword is really cool. He too had to lose his best friend and face the uncertainty that she may have been dead, which was probably not the funnest thing to feel.

As for Zelda, its is also a tie between Oot Zelda and SS. Both of them don't just sit back and wait to be rescued, they took matters into their own hands and did what they needed to do. And even despite the fact that it would probably be dangerous, for them especially because both of them were being hunted, both Zeldas took action and did their best to help destroy the enemy. I thought that was very inspirational.

What about you? do you also have a favorite incarnation of Link and Zelda?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT and MM Link are my definite favorite incarnations of Link (ehh...used Link twice for no reason). They're the epitome of awesomeness, and how every Link should have been. Honorable mention goes to TP Link for being sexy. :yes:

For Zelda, it depends on a lot of things. TWW/PH Zelda was cool. Honestly hated OoT Zelda; she's not all that great and she sets up her own capture. SS Zelda was totally dumb; amazing introduction to her but once she left the coop she became the most idiotic iteration of Zelda. I guess, my favorite would have to be Spirit Tracks Zelda for her usefulness. She possesses enemies...how much more use can you get? Props to TP Zelda for being beautiful though. ^^

Fig

The Altruist
My favorite two versions of Link and Zelda are from Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. Ocarina of Time Link defined what a legendary warrior should be and always was courageous in any situation he was in. Despite how other characters thought of him throughout the game, Link was focused on his destiny, saving the land he cares for and everyone who inhabit it. Link eventually saved the Kingdom of Hyrule and finally brought peace into the kingdom. Zelda was also a great incarnation in Ocarina of Time in my opinion. She knows from the moment that she saw Link that he was the chosen hero to save Hyrule. What I really love about Zelda from Ocarina of Time is that she was secretly hiding from Ganondorf in plain sight while also assisting Link in his adventures in the form of Shiek. In Skyward Sword, Link began his adventure to save his best friend Zelda from the evil clutches of Ghirahim and his minions. Even though she was taken away from her best friend, Zelda continues to follow her destiny as the incarnation of Hylia. Both characters are special in their own ways and both follow their destined path to eventually save the world below and finally see each other face to face again. In the end, they see each other again and begin to create a new world that would later be future Kingdoms of Hyrule.

There you go, my opinions on the best incarnations of Link and Zelda from every game in the series. Please respect my thoughts and have a great day! ^^

TP Zelda - she commanded such authority despite not saying much and only turning up a small number of times. Her role in the narrative created the world's state, in that it was blanketed in the twilight. She was a character full of dissonance and regret and gave her life to help Midna, she knew the fate of her kingdom and fate of the world was beyond her power to save, she trusted Link and believed in Link and Midna respectively to get the job done and acted without hesitation to do all she could even though the situations that she found herself in made her helpless. She was also beautiful.

ALttP Link- I wouldn't be saying this pre-timeline reveal becuase i didn't know that this one same Link was ALttP, LA and the Oracle Games... I remember playing LA in my youth and i lovd the art for it, Link looked friendly and out going and i really felt comfortable with him i also loved his hair. This Link has over come some amazing feats, and even when he is unconscious and taking a breather he dreams a saving vast continents from evil monsters. He's so epic =]

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
Twilight Princess incarnations are the best for being the most mature and dark of all, and I love that. Skyward Sword Zelda is also pretty adorable and can be emotional.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
TP Link! He saved his friends, and willingly decided to help people of the Twilight Realm. He was kinda thrown into everything, but still thought about his friends <3 I love him : D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love SS, OoT/MM, and TP Link the most. They're all so heroic, and it's made especially apparent in each respective game <3

As for Zelda, TP Zelda is my favorite! She's so beautiful, she's just awesome! Sure she had a little bit too LITTLE screentime, but the times she did appear on screen I felt she shifted the motion of the game drastically!

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
My favorites were Toon Link and Tetra. Wind Waker was one of my first Zelda games, so I get a nostalgic feeling when I see them.

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
TP- Link was amazing. He helped his friends and even though they had done so many terrible things (Under Zant's Rule) he still helped them, even though it was home to the "evil Zant". Zelda though was beautiful and she helped Midna in her desperate hour ;). She did everything her power to help her people and those she cared for. She also helped you (Link) when you were on horseback fighting Ganondorf. She was also ready to fight when Zant came in but she knew she didn't have the power so she surrendered to save.

SS- Link was kind hearted and did everything he could to save Zelda. He fought countless enemies to get to her just to make sure she was safe and that she had someone there to protect her. Zelda was probably the BEST Zelda in any game. She wasn't one who stood around waiting for something to happen. She was adventurous and she fought for a way to escape evil and she also did everything in her power to make sure that the worlds, high or low, would see the sun in the next day. :)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Gotta be WW incarnations. For both.

I loved WW Link. He was adorable, charming, expressive, and could even be very serious and knightly at the same time. It takes a lot of guts to just leave your home to go save your sister out on the open sea, especially being like 12. (In all fairness it takes guts to do what any Link does)

And I LOVED Tetra. She was so witty and clever and had probably the most character out of all the Zelda incarnations

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom