• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Hero?

Vague title but i can't think of a better one.

Rocksteady are the people behind the two Batman Arkham games; Asylum and City. Both of these games are awesome and feel very much like genuine worlds in the Batman mythos especially with the voice actors and clever references...

I know they're making another, a prequel to Asylum and it is possibly featuring members of the Justice League.

But here is the question; given how good the Arkham games are, and knowing that, like Retro Studios, Rocksteady could hit the nail on the head again and again... which hero would you like to see Rocksteady give the Arkham treatment to?

Which character would you love to play a groundbreaking and quality game as? (this is for fun so you don't need to keep it down to DC comics just because of Batman).

I'm low on idea so i'll post later but who would everyone like to see?
Ghost Rider? IronMan? Constantine? Neil Gaiman's Sandman for some sophisticated and cultured surrealism?? Perhaps even a visit to Sin City?

Have fun. =]

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Ghost Rider...Ghost Rider is so cool...if they put Ghost Rider in it...I'll be like

yes.gif

I personally would like to see Martain Manhunter in their next game. It would have stealth aspects and could be similar in concept to a game for the GC called Geist.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I'd go with flash , or actually beast boy for the fun aspect.

Lets see, green arrow could also be good, and fit well in his own game, and is another classic DC.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Which hero? How about, HEROES?

pg01.jpg

That's right, I'd like to see Rocksteady tackle the pizza eating heroes in a half shell! Why you ask? Because the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are very similar characters to Batman in terms of the gameplay and formula that have been established in both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. They stick to the shadows and use martial arts for defense. Of course, Rocksteady can't just copy and paste their Batman work and stick Ninja Turtles skins over it, because they also have plenty of differences. For starters, there's four of them... Now the question is, will it be smart to make a TMNT game a single player experience or a co-op experience? Yeah, I'm leaning towards co-op. Major changes would have to be made to the level design if co-op were to be incorporated. Another overhaul that would have to be made in order to truly capture the fearsome foursome, would be the free-flow combat mechanic. The Ninja Turtles aren't really known for combating their enemies bare handed, they each wield a unique weapon. This means you have a diverse selection of characters to choose from. But enough alterations already! It's time for some new. What can really separate a TMNT video game from Batman's last two adventures, would be the added element of platforming. We all know how much the turtles enjoy being of rooftops. So why miss out on the opportunity of doing something good with that aspect of the Ninja Turtles? There could even be other instances where the TMNT have to use their Ninja skills to maneuver through tricky obstacles throughout the various landmarks in the game.

Well, I guess that's it from me. I know this will never happen, and it's a shame because an amazing TMNT video game can exist, if in the right hands. Batman was proof of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom