• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Handheld LoZ is Your Favorite?

Which Handheld LoZ is Your Favorite?

• The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

• The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

• The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

• The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

• The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• Total voters

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
Personally, my number 1 is a tie between The Minish Cap & Link's Awakening. Both are awesome and really worth the time if you haven't played them.

How about you all?

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
ST>PH>MC>OoA>OoS>LA for me.

I couldn't get into PH when I first tried it, I personally feel that the touch screen was overused in that game. The fact that I have to run around and swing the sword w/ the stylus and then use buttons for my shield, etc made everything uncomfortable.

If I could walk around with my stick/pad and swing/use items with my stylus, that would have been much more better imo.

Never played ST.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I'd have to go with Spirit Tracks. Their's so much to do. The games also loaded with funny moments. Moments like "You can pass...when I'm done killing you!" "You hear that Link? He'll let us pass when he's done killing use. ... Hey, wait a minute."

Claire

The Geekette
I haven't played Spirit Tracks or Oracle of Seasons, so I can't judge those, but I've played all the others. My favorite is Link's Awakening. I like the storyline and I enjoy the fact that it is 2D. I really love 2D games. I thought, progressing from Link's Awakening to Phantom Hourglass, that the newer titles were a lot less enjoyable because of the presence of helpers being too helpful. If I ever got caught up in Phantom Hourglass, I could easily get the solution. It made the game easier and a lot shorter to me. Whereas Link's Awakening can have you running in circles at times, but it makes it feel more like an actual adventure. The story was a lot more satisfying upon completion as well, which means a lot to me.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It would be the Minish Cap for me...

This game has a great overworld in terms of design and exploration, I love the graphical style of this game as well it seems to suit the handheld genre down to a tee. TMC also had some great dungeons I still wouldn't rate any of them as my so called favorite but I thought each dungeon was unique and offered a nice challenge. Overall i feel like TMC is one of the only handheld games that I would rate up to the standard of the home console Zelda's.

However since I haven't played the Oracle's nor LA my view may bias and i am definitely planning on playing these games in the future so my opinion then may differ.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Link's Awakening combined interesting characters, an actual story, lovable moments, awesome dungeons, and some simply cool stuff. LA should have been it's own console game.

LA no question, to this day it remains one of the most original in the series, most carefree and interesting. Its references and enemies from other games were all great the music was catchy and it was just a lot of fun to play while being a bit off of its box. Lots of fun, totally my fave, the Oracle games were just poor imitations and the DS games made a mockery of WW and the Adult Timeline and Minish Cap just made me miss ALttP so much and bored the hell out of me.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Why the HELL is ALttP not up there? I know, its an SNES game, but the first time I ever played it was with the GBA remake...

Whatever, I chose OoA because I never really liked the DS games that much, and I haven't played the others up there.

I played them all and like them all. I voted OOA though i actually count OOA and OOS as one game cuz of the linked feature it is is a yes vote for both.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
This makes me realise how little I typically think of the handheld games. I legitimately don't enjoy Link's Awakening or either Oracle game.

The Minish Cap is well made in every aspect, but I don't care for it very much. No feature stands out to me. My most average Zelda experience (though with the standards of the series, don't take that as bad). Phantom Hourglass is cool, though the glaring flaws are hard to ignore. I do look at that game in a positive light despite. Spirit Tracks is my favourite portable Zelda game. It, too, has flaws, but they're much less of a hindrance to the experience.

With the 3DS being able to present console-like experiences, I look forward to it.

Why the HELL is ALttP not up there? I know, its an SNES game, but the first time I ever played it was with the GBA remake...

By that logic, LoZ, AoL and OoT should be on the list for getting portable remakes/releases.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

Whatever, I chose OoA because I never really liked the DS games that much, and I haven't played the others up there.

OoT would be up there as well and this would have gotten really boring really fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom