• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Goddess Would You Worship?

I would like to know which goddess you think is most important and why. If you were a chacter in the series, who would you worship?

I believe that nayru is the most important. She brings love and wisdom. Imagine what life would be like without love and wisdom. It would be dum and emotionless. It would be so boring. It wouldn't even be worth living. Plus blue represents Nayru and its my favotite color.lol

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
If I were Hylian, I'd probably go for worshipping the entire Trinity (since I kind of do now- urk. I mean, I don't worship the Triforce Godddesses in real life, but the concept of "threes" is quite important in many real world religions and mythologies - and the one I associate with happens to be one of them).

But, in Hylian terms, the "Triforce" seems to be well-balanced. Power is unwieldy and leads to much evil if it is without Wisdom. Wisdom, in turn, is useless without the Courage to act. Courage is useless unless it has the Power to act.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably pick Farore. Although I value the seeking of wisdom highly, it seems like sometimes one must have courage to do so. I feel like I may be slightly more affiliated with courage because sometimes I have done what I felt "needs done" *despite* my better judgement. Moreover, Farore is the goddess associated with life/living things. I've always had an affinity for animals, plants.... biology... things that are alive or remain from life.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Typically, in most religions with multiple deities, the follower is supposed to worship all of the gods and goddesses. That would be the same for the wonderful world of Zelda. In one image in the intro of The Wind Waker, there is a scene in which you see two people worshiping with an icon of the Triforce, which would indicate that they are worshiping the three goddesses.

I fear that if you were to pray to one and only one goddess, the other two would want to strike you down for making preferences. So, if I was Hylian and would have to go to Hylian religion, I'd go with worshiping all of them.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
If I had to pick one it would be Nayru because you need the wisdom to have the courage and power to do something. My religion in real life is believing in "the three" so if I were living in Hyrule I would probably worship all three of them.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
If I lost my mind and decided to worship a fictional goddess from the Zelda series, I'd have to go with Farore. We could all use a little more courage. Nayru is the most idealistically attractive of the three, but I would just be reaffirming qualities I already admire in with that. Farore, on the other hand, holds a few good things that I lack.

If I were a character in a Zelda game, I'd have to go with whoever those Gerudo gals are worshiping (Din perhaps?), and I'd try to get into the priesthood perhaps. The implicit scheme would probably land me behind bars with the carpenters, but Link would save me!

Actually a lot of cultures with mutiple gods and goddesses worship all of them but still have shrines and temples for individual ones that some areas will pray to a little more. But I see ya'lls point as to why all three should be worshiped as a group.

initialDable

going deku
I agree with all of those who say all of them. I'd have to say if had to choose one of them, I would side more with Farore. She is the symbol of courage and nature. Without heroic courage, evil would prevail in Hyrule.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I'm an atheist in real life but If I would worship a goddess from Zelda, I would probably worship the three of them, each one got a different propose and element, neither one can exist without the other.

Din Akera

Sniper
*sarcasim* hmmmm.....
Lol!

Anyway on a serious note, Din is quite obviously my favorite. I do really like the concept of power and fire. But in terms of worship, I think as has been said before it is important to have balance. Though Power is probably the affinity i value the most, but I understand that balance is very important to control it.
Overal, I would worship all 3, but if wanted me to choose only one, I would truly say that Din would be my goddess. Utilizing strength to accomplish good, is possible. Everyone tends to associate power with evil, but power can be used for good.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well, my favorite out of the three is Nayru, but I would of course worship all three if I was Hylian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom