• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Gen. I Starter Do You Choose the Most?

Which starter did you choose the most?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Squirtle.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Charmander

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
The title explains it all. I always chose bulbasaur because venusaur has a higher special stat than charizard, venusaurs razorleaf is instant-critical hit. (In gen. I.), also I think he has a better move pool than the others.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Well I've only ever chosen them in the Gen III and IV games, never the actual Gen I, so I choose based on the new conditions, not what they were back in the actual Gen I. I always pick Charmander. For one reason. Charizard's type combination. Fire and Flying. It's the only non-legendary that has it. Gives it a good advantage by getting rid of one of its weaknesses. Makes him one of the better fire types. I also like how all of his evolutions look. Always have.

I always choose Charmander... I like fire types, I like their design, and with what Matt said about the type combo. I don't really like Venasaur ( I'm not saying this against your choice, I just don't like him, I dont really have a reason why I just don't :S ) and I like Blastoise, but Charizard more.

I mostly choose Bulbasaur (in R/:cool: because there aren't too many grass types to choose from (mostly in blue). I never choose Charizard because he can't learn fly, i'd rather not have two flying types in my team. :/

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I chose Bulbasaur because I always find him adorable that he's half plant-half dinosaur. His general appearance is also what makes me choose. To me, he's always saying "I'm capable of doing the impossible" when I'm choosing those three starters.:)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Charmander. I'm a Dragon-type Trainer, and Charizard is definitely used in the lineup a lot as a bit of a Wild Card. Say I have 4 Dragons in my party. Any combination of Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, Altaria, Flygon, Kingdra, and Hydreigon. I then usually add a legendary-type, like Dialga (whose types negate the Dragon moves' effectiveness on him) or Palkia (whose types negate the Ice effectiveness). But finally, I add Charizard. Why? He's a Fire-type, and the Dragons only weaknesses are to other dragons and the Ice-type. And since Charizard isn't a Dragon-type but can learn dragon moves, and is a Fire-type, it makes him ideal to include in a Dragon-based party.

Well, for Gen. I, I usually choose Bulbasaur. I love Poison types, they are arguably the best defensive type in the game, and Bulbasaur learns all the "powder" moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom