• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which gaming franchises have you given up on?

We all follow franchises that we love, thats part of the reason most of us are on this Zelda forum, many of us still follow the franchises and series we discovered years ago, but...

Some franchises take a dip in quality and its hard to keep suffering, eventually youve just got to give up and/or hope the franchise gets better.

Which franchises have you given up on in gaming? Which ones are you hoping get better so that you can reinvest your love into them?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zelda, Call of Duty, Mario, Samus, Kirby, Kingdom Hearts, Dork Solz, Ys, Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Soul Calibur

Gaming is dead. RIP.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Sonic is one I have given up hope on. I see no return to glory or even that they will make a good game again.

Halo. After 5 I just have no interest in the future of the game franchise. I cant see it going in a direction that will please me.

Gears of War. I didn't even buy 4 in the end because the trailers and footage just didn't excite me enough to. I just dont care anymore.

CoD. Big fan of CoD 4 but after playing the two sequels I just cant get hard for this franchise anymore.

Of course I'd actually like for them to all become something I can reinvest my love in but currently I dont care enough to even hope for that.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I'm seeing CoD here, and I would agree accept they said they're going back to their roots with another WW2 game, so I think there's still hope for them.

Anyway, here's the list:
Street Fighter
Borderlands
Turok(even though all their games are good)
Pokemon

Franchises on their last leg:
Metroid
Resident Evil
Call of Duty
Mario Party
Soul Calibur

Mido

Version 1
Gears of War. I didn't even buy 4 in the end because the trailers and footage just didn't excite me enough to. I just dont care anymore

I'm sorry to hear that. I mean, I can't say I played the fourth installment, but from what I've seen from it, I think it's a nice return to form in many respects, although it doesn't seem to take many steps forward either. I can't speak for the story though. If anything, this is one game I'm sad I never got to play thus far since I don't have the One anymore. Largest 2016 regret for me missing out on it.

Anyways, I usually don't go cold-turkey on a franchise unless I grow apathetic, such as with what happened with Saints Row and Halo, to an extent. Sonic seems to be a common lost cause, but there is something that keeps me interested in that a surprising gem may come about, although I historically have never capitalized on my intrigue. The only franchise right now with which I am nearing my last straw is Star Fox. If another reboot is the next game, I don't think I could suit up again. This is the series's chance to rebuild after Zero, at least from a story perspective since the gameplay was hit or miss for many it seems. This being said, I'm hoping for the best!

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Turok(even though all their games are good)

They cancelled the franchise anyway. I didn't think the last one was a great Turok game, it was kind of a mediocre experience overall and the weaponry was rather tame for Turok which has always been a highlight.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
CoD for sure. Just not good anymore.

Zelda, Call of Duty, Mario, Samus, Kirby, Kingdom Hearts, Dork Solz, Ys, Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Soul Calibur

Gaming is dead. RIP.
XDD

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This one was ages years ago now, but Assassin's Creed.

AC2 was one of favourite games of the 7th generation and Brotherhood surpassed it. Revalation looked awesome in the trailers, but it was too much same same and I grew bored almost instantly. Then came AC3, a seemingly ambitious breath of fresh air to the series. I was genuinely excited for it, but the painstakingly horrible prologue and similar structure just made it seem like the old AC games spruced up in a different environment with none of the historical intrigue of the past rich locations. I played it for five hours and I havnt picked up another AC game since.

Really disappointing. The concept is there, a stealth game centralised in fascinating periods of history with an overarching plot that holds a lot of mystery. They butchered any sense of depth though by releasing too many games too quickly. I'm a believer in that good world design and a compelling narrative takes time. I'm also a believer in having too much of something makes you numb. Ubisoft has done both. I have lost all intrigue in whatever cool narrative it was once telling and any hope that the world design and gameplay will be refreshing and entertaining.

I gave up on Call of Duty. I was in the top 1,000 on CoD 4. But After they got started on that future crap I started losing interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom