• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which games do you really want on the Virtual Console?

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Chrono Trigger is out for the Nintendo DS,so I doubt that it will come out on the Virtual Console.
And Goldeneye was made by Rare,who is owned by Microsoft,and Activision owns the right to make James Bond games.
I don't own a DS, and I have yet to see CT in stores. I'd totally get a DS just for the game, but I'd like to know it's avaliable first.
And yeah, I never thought of that for Goldeneye. Well, one can still wish...

South Park
Conker
Strider
Star Fox (Snes)
Donkey Kong 64

Also, I really hope the new DSi has the ability to VC download all of the incarnations of GameBoy games. (Original, Colour, Advance...) There's many MANY games I've missed there since I only owned the original GameBoy. I would download any Mario, Metroid and Zelda hits there in a second!

Hey, I was thinking that same idea! I think Nintendo will get lotsa money if they allow a Virtual Handheld Console (VHC) thing on DSi. That way both the producers and consumers win. :D

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Mother Series... mainly...
Apart from that... Castlevania: Dracula X; BS Zelda and BS the ancient stone tablets

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Given today's new download of Super Star Wars, a game I never thought we'd see due to licencing of all sorts between Nintendo, JVC and Lucasarts / Film, I'm going to have to add:

-Super Empire Strikes Back* (SNES)
-Super Return of The Jedi* (SNES)
-Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (SNES)
-Rogue Squadron (N64)
-Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (N64)

*Given SSW's release today, I bet these two are a given!

I loves playing the Super Star Wars series back in the day. I loved these titles before I even loved Star Wars. It was just classic SNES action through and through. Granted, the games are very repetative in terms of goals, and the Mode-7 vehicle chases are very dated, but they were still great titles.

Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures was the same vain as SSW, but it was still wonderful. I had a somewhat defective 2nd hand copy back in the day, so I wasn't able to make it too far into the game without it freezing. If it managed not to freeze, I never got past the raft ride down the mountain. Still, a really fun game if they managed to release it.

Rogue Squadron's a must have, it's just Star Wars gaming at it's best. And Infernal Machine was excellent on the PC. I never had a chance to play it on a console, but I heard it ported fairly well. It has to be still better than Staff of Kings, which is sad to say...

I would love to see Lucasarts' puzzle adventure games like Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max and Fate of Atlantis as well. They would need Wiimote retooling though. I know Atlantis was included on Staff of Kings, but I'd rather have it available on my Wii Menu.

EDIT
Seems I already have to update my list and remove Empire and Jedi. A press release states they are coming in the next couple of weeks as well as other yet-to-be-named classic Lucas Arts titles! :)

Last edited:
Given the somewhat recent edition of the arcade section, I wannna see
Sinistar
Mr. Do!
Robotron 204
Star Wars
Gyruss
The Simpsons
Tempest
Q*Bert
and Megaman: the Power Battles.
I dunno if these are gonna come, let alone quickly, because it's gotta be hard to
A) Find the machine
:cool: Extract the ROM
C) Get permission to publish the game

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Earthbound and Earthbound Zero.
Sorry, I heard about a interview with the creators, and they said the only way they'd let those games on VC is if there would be no changes. And nintendo asked for alot of changes. So, sorry.

What I want is:
Megaman X1-3
Banjoo Kazooie(though not likely)
Banjo Tooie (alsoo not likely)

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
WIND WAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know its a little too new but i would buy it in ten seconds

Um... They don't release Gamecube games on the VC.

I always wanted Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for N64. I remember I always used to just mash buttons on the controller to do tricks.

Beeker

Wild Card
A lot of games I've wanted to see are slowly coming on.
There's only two more I want.
Pokemon Stadium and/or Pokemon Stadium 2. I miss those games:cry:

bds1110

Imp
South Park
Conker
Strider
Star Fox (Snes)
Donkey Kong 64

Hey, I was thinking that same idea! I think Nintendo will get lotsa money if they allow a Virtual Handheld Console (VHC) thing on DSi. That way both the producers and consumers win. :D

Actaully, I think something similar may be happening for the 3DS. I don't know if they'll have handhelds, (Which would be AWESOME) but they just might have a Virtual Console. I say this because- oh darn it. I would have quoted something, but I can't find my copy of Nintendo Power... oh well. Anyway, there was a Punch Out!! that you could play at E3 (I think). The graphics still looked normal, (Pixeled) but there were some 3D effects. This could be a Virtual Console 3DS. ^^

Jedizora

:right:
I heard they were horrible but the zelda cd-i games. Most fans don't consider them real zelda games but I do and I want to say I have played every zelda game.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I'd love to see Mario Party 1, 2, 3. They were the best in the series, and they were so fun.

Beeker

Wild Card
I'd love to see Mario Party 1, 2, 3. They were the best in the series, and they were so fun.

I agree. I myself grew up with 3, and while I have every other one in the series(4 and up), I can't compare them to that one. Too many memories for me. It was one of the most fun as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom