• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Games Do You Have Intentions on Completing, but Never Do?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I know I can't be the only person who does this with games. Have you ever picked up a game, like Chrono Trigger, or God of war, and played them to a certain point, stopped playing the game for months, and then came back only to forget what you were doing and start over?

Sadly I do this a lot. I've always meant to complete Final Fantasy 10, Final Fantasy 12, Super Mario Sunshine, Mother 3, and Chrono Trigger, but I always stop playing at a certain point near the end of the game and then come back a month of two later just to start over and get back there again and not finish it.

So do you have any games that you have intentions of beating, but never do?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Guild Wars 2: I keep meaning to 100% Map Completion on my beautiful warrior, but I just do dailies and a little bit PVP then I ETD.
Skyward Sword: boy I was supposed to have all parts recorded at least two weeks ago. I put that game off like it's the plague!
Final Fantasy XII: I should have started a video guide a long time ago but that game is hella long. If I can spend 500 hrs on it, there's no way I can get all of that recorded.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I've done this with Twilight Princess and Super Mario Bros 3. I remember getting a couple dungeons into TP in my first run, then started over after months of not playing. I made it into Arbiter's Grounds, maybe a room away from the miniboss, saved, pressed the power button on my GC, and haven't touched it since. I have made at least half a dozen save files for SMB 3, but the game is simply too hard for me to complete, no matter how many times a go through World 1, I can never make it past the second one.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Borderlands 2 remains a game I've never completed but have played so much. Usually because I play with someone new and they want to create a new character and start again, so I have, like, 4 or 5 characters at varying levels, and yet I've never actually completed the main game. Finished the DLC stuff, they're shorter and fun, but the main game, nope, not yet. Borderlands' ending sucked, that fight was boring, so I hope B2's is more fun. I'll get around to it someday!

Dark Souls. I get a little bit farther each time I start over, but I always lose interest. It makes me sad too, because I love the game.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Devil May Cry 1-3
Asura's Wrath
Uncharted 3
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Dante's Inferno
Assassin's Creed IV (I just can't seem to like the controls of any of these games)
Ico
No More Heroes
Prince of Persia Collector's Stuff
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
Time and Eternity

I think that ends my list. I still intend to beat them eventually.

I rarely ever do this, but the one example that sticks out in my head is Suikoden 2. I got to the final dungeon, and then just pretty much quit for reasons I don't remember. I do still intend to beat it one day, but I'd have to start all over.

octorok74

TETTAC
Rarely does this happen to me. The only game I can think of is Dark Souls. I want to finish it and I try to fight through Sen's Fortress, but I get frustrated and give up. I've never gotten past Sen's Fortress and probably never will. I give up on it all the time.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I can never finish a Final Fantasy game for some reason...And this Star Fox game that was really cool for the GameCube...I think it was Star Fox Adventures.

Oh good lord, there are way too many games I've done this with, especially recently. Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze are the two latest games that I've lost interest in around halfway through. For some reason, platformers just haven't been able to hold my attention like they used to.

Bravely Default is another recent one. I'm at the very end, but, as those of you who've played it know, the end drags out for an obscenely long time. I haven't mustered up the determination to slog through it, especially after trying and failing against the final boss many times in a row. Maybe one day...

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Elder Scrolls games. They're so massive and complex that eventually you stop playing and do something else, then come back much later having forgotten what you've done and not done in it, and feel disconnected from the character and then restart it. Never actually "completing" the games. It was years before I finished Skyrim. I still haven't finished its last DLC.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I do this with quite a few games, actually. Most of the Zelda games I've started but never finished: PH, ST, MM, OoX, TWW, TMC, LA, and FS are all Zelda games that I've started, want to complete, but never complete. I also have other games, such as Darksiders 2 (huh huh dorksiders) that I've started, but just dropped it for another game. I'd really like to finish it, but will I ever? I'm sure there are more games that I've started but never finished, but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom