• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Games Are Canon

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
No but another essential point of TRR is that it shows that there are more than one Tingle. There are several. So, not every Tingle we see, is necessarily the same one.

Also, do you have these quotes? It'd be interesting to see.

I don't have them, but the Salona speak of a hero dressed in green who helped them in the Past.
Since the Salona are clearly Subrosians, they are speaking about OoS's Link

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I keep hearing about this, so I have to ask. Where is this bazooka?

When you're towards the end of Hyrule Castle at the end of the game, and the Group shows up to lend Link a hand, Auru uses a bazooka to stop a group of enemies on one of those bridges to the outer wall.

You can see it in this Youtube video, with the scene starting about the 4 minute mark. The bazooka shows up around 4:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ1_6_ozqIc&feature=related

When you're towards the end of Hyrule Castle at the end of the game, and the Group shows up to lend Link a hand, Auru uses a bazooka to stop a group of enemies on one of those bridges to the outer wall.

You can see it in this Youtube video, with the scene starting about the 4 minute mark. The bazooka shows up around 4:40.

Wow, that was pretty epic. I honestly did not remember that cutscene at all.

DarkLink said:
Its not a good idea to have a canon game floating around that is essential to the storyline of the series and not let everyone have a fair chance to play it and learn about it.
Maybe not, but BS LoZ and AST show what they intended for certain things. Just because the events that happened in it aren't 100% canon doesn't mean that they didn't intend for a lot of the things shown in thsoe games (such as LoZ Ganon with trident).
but nothing in AST (aside from Link's absense) would stand as proof of LA being a sequel.
I don't have the exact quote, but there is a quote in AST that says, I think word-for-word, "The hero... can't leave the dream". Which is, obviously, pretty strong evidence.
Just as many people will argue that he left to go to Holodrum and Labrynna.
Or that 1998 canon =/= recent canon.
I don't have them, but the Salona speak of a hero dressed in green who helped them in the Past.
Since the Salona are clearly Subrosians, they are speaking about OoS's Link
Actually the Salona speak of a hero who helped them defeat a demon. Which was most likely referring to the hero mentioned in-game, Lyphos. The same demon apparently cursed them which is why they wear those hoods. So if TRR is canon the backstory would be before OoS because they had the hoods in OoS.

O

Omega Speed

Wouldnt SSB being canon mean that link could go to the mushroom kingdom and then catch a pikachu and use it to defeat Ganon who is now the leader of Team Rocket.

That actually does not sound like a bad idea. Then, Ness can pull the Master Sword and save Princess Zelda from Bowser.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
All of the Super Smash Bros series are not the actual characters that are portrayed. In fact, in the first game you clearly see that all of the characters are just dolls that are used by the Master Hand (which is supposed to portray a person playing with them). They aren't the real characters, they are just dolls being played with.

I think in the second and third one they are trophies instead of dolls.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
All of the Super Smash Bros series are not the actual characters that are portrayed. In fact, in the first game you clearly see that all of the characters are just dolls that are used by the Master Hand (which is supposed to portray a person playing with them). They aren't the real characters, they are just dolls being played with.

I think in the second and third one they are trophies instead of dolls.

In the second one they are dolls as well...

But wether they are the real characters or not, SSB are NOT canon, or the whole Nintendo franchise universe would be a total mess

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
In the second one they are dolls as well...

But wether they are the real characters or not, SSB are NOT canon, or the whole Nintendo franchise universe would be a total mess

No, they are trophies in the second one. Little statues. That's why when you beat the game with one, you get their little statues. They aren't dolls.

S

Super Goombario

Why was SSB even brought up? It's clear that Link has never fought a floating hand nor a fox with a lazer gun.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
If you read the entire thread, you'd understand...
Anyways, I am pretty sure that apart from

LoZ
AoL
ALttP/FSA
LA DX
OoS
OoA
OoT
MM
WW
TP
MC
PH
FSA and the aforementioned FS
And ST

all the other games ARE NOT canon

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I have yet to see anybody mention ALttP's prequel. No, it wasn't a game, but it the Sound and Drama was official. It was released in 1994 with a soundtrack CD for the game. Obviously it's not playable, but there is information in there that could be considered important.

Unfortunately, not many people know about it, but it is an official release.

Im not sure how it contradicts the series but Ive only read it through once and didnt take much in, heres the transcript anyways

Link: I must hurry, Princess Zelda is in this tower! If I don't fend off Ganon's underlings quickly, I won't be able to help her! And without her, nothing will prevent the evil king Ganondorf from overtaking the world!

Zelda: Link! I'm here! Link!

Link: Zelda?!

Zelda: Link? Link!

Ganondorf: *laughing*

Link: Zelda!

~The Legend of Zelda~
A Prelude of Two

Link: I am called Link. The winds of change had begun to flow across then-peaceful kingdom of Hyrule when I first met her, Princess Zelda. Yes... it was the time of my father Banzetta and mother Loretta's death.

Banzetta: Loretta... please, be safe... Loretta!

Loretta: Link... your father comes... to help us... Link...

Banzetta: Loretta!

Loretta: My love!

Banzetta: Do not give up, Loretta!

Loretta: My love... Link... be clever... like him...

Banzetta: Loretta! No! Ganondorf's men did this!

Link: My father Banzetta was a soldier, fighting to protect the Triforce. In order not to burden him, I was left in the care of Princess Zelda's (who was only a year older than me) nurse, Egorowa.

Egorowa: Again you go to the battlefield...

Banzetta: I do not know when I shall return. However, looking at this child, I can see that he has escaped death. I would ask you to raise him as a knight, in order to die with honor and grace.

Egorowa: Banzetta...

Banzetta: After my death, I believe he will follow in my footsteps.

Egorowa: Very well, it shall be as you wish. Together, with my husband Alphon, we shall care for Link.

Banzetta: Then I bid you farewell, Link...

Link: My father Banzetta left to protect the kingdom of Hyrule and to avenge my mother Loretta. Ten years have passed since then. I am growing into a gallant swordsman, fatherless but not unloved.

Link: Hah! Yes!

Alphon: You have not defeated me yet! Your thrusts are excellent, Link!

Link: *in pain*

Alphon: *laughing* You should be more careful.

Egorowa: Dearest, Link! Come and eat!

Alphon: We're coming!

Link: *thrusts at Alphon* Yes!

Alphon: That was not fair, Link! *in pain*

Egorowa: Link is certainly becoming an equal match!

Alphon: Link is certainly quite adept! Just what one would expect from the son of an expert swordsman of Hyrule!

Egorowa: The princess says that Link will become a hero.

Alphon: Hmm.

Link: Since childhood I devoted my life to being a knight of Princess Zelda. Princess Zelda believed in me, trusted me.

Zelda: Link, if trouble were to befall me, would you come to my aid no matter the cost?

Link: Yes Princess, I will protect you even if it costs me my life.

Zelda: As daughter of the king, I partake in the rule of the land. Link, you are of courageous heart and mind. To honor your valor, I hereby grant you the title of Royal Knight.

Link: Aunt Egorowa watched us, smiling. I knew from then that my destiny was tied to Princess Zelda forever.

Zelda: Link, follow me.

Link: Wh-where are we going, Princess?

Zelda: Beyond this gateway sleeps the legendary treasure, the Triforce.

Link: The Triforce?

Zelda: A sacred relic which controls power, imparts wisdom, and strengthens courage. If the complete, three-crested Triforce resides within the true hero, it will be at its greatest strength.

Link: The true hero...

Zelda: Yes. For the one who possesses the Triforce... will gain the powers of the goddesses.

Link: If I have the power to protect you, I need nothing else.

Zelda: You're too noble, aren't you? But not everyone in this world is like you... the evil sorceror Ganondorf also desires to have this holy relic.

Link: Ganondorf...

Zelda: Yes... and then the Royal Family of Hyrule will be cast away by him, and the world laid to ruin and despair.

Link: If something like that ever happened to you, I... I...

Zelda: Link, YOU are the true hero. Now open the gate and it shall grant you the courage you need.

Link: ... yes, Your Highness.

*the gate opens*

Link: This... is the Triforce...?

Zelda: Go, Link... touch the Crest of Courage.

Link: As you wish, Princess.

Link: At the time, there was no way of knowing that what I had touched was the true Triforce, but I believed I had the courage of the goddesses. Not too long after, something terrible happened.

Zelda: Father! Father!

Ganondorf's Follower: I found the princess!

Zelda: You people killed my father!

Ganondorf's Followers: Yes, and for King Ganondorf we killed the kingdom of Hyrule too! We've killed everything in the castle. But relax... we won't kill you, Princess, not yet.

Zelda: Let go of me!!

Link: As for me, Egorowa hid me someplace safe, but Zelda's screams still pierced the air.

Link: I have courage and power! Princess Zelda!

Ganondorf's Follower: There's still someone in the castle!

Ganondorf's Follower 2: We must destroy everything, or we will be killed by

Ganondorf! Go!

Ganondorf's Followers: Right!

Egorowa: Link! Run for your life!

Link: No! I must help Princess Zelda!

Egorowa: The castle is burning; even if you fight here you'll only be killed. Go to the secret exit and escape the castle!

Link: Release me! I must help Princess Zelda! I must!

Egorowa: You do not yet possess enough power! You must go to Alphon!

Link: Aunt Egorowa and I mounted a horse and sped to Alphon.

Link: Let me off! I must fight them!

Egorowa: Link, listen to me carefully. Go to Alphon and wait for the time to come. Princess Zelda will call to your heart.

Link: Call to my...?

Egorowa: Link... if you are the true hero, use wisdom, power and courage as they are needed and you will persevere against all odds. Love is the key. It is evil's bane.

Link: Aunt Egorowa...

Egorowa: Being a hero isn't only plunging into the thick of battle. It is also knowing when it's better to wait for the opportune moment to strike.

Link: ... I understand.

Egorowa: Then we must part. Link...

Link: Wait... Aunt Egorowa... Aunt Egorowa!

Link: That was the last time I saw Aunt Egorowa. She had lured Ganondorf's followers into a cave, and together they died in an explosion. No!

*Link is crying*

Alphon: Link... Link!

Link: Uncle Alphon?

Alphon: Egorowa died to protect Princess Zelda and the kingdom from Ganondorf's hand. She believed that you were the true hero. You mustn't be sad for her. She died honorably, and that is never a sad thing. Link...

Link: That's... good, isn't it... uncle...

Link: There wasn't a day I wasn't haunted by the deafening roar of the explosion that robbed me of my aunt.

Alphon: Link, there is nothing more I can teach you.

Link: Uncle...

Alphon: The most important thing you must learn now is not the way of the sword, but the way of the heart.

Link: The way of the heart?

Alphon: Yes. Do not let hatred consume your soul. Instead, fill your heart with love. If you do, you will be able to hear the voices of those you love.

Link: Voices?

Egorowa: Wait for the time to come. Princess Zelda will call to your heart.

Link: What should I do... how can I forget my hatred? Ganondorf killed my mother and Aunt Egorowa. I will always thirst for his blood.

Egorowa: Link...

Link: Aunt Egorowa?

Egorowa: Have you forgotten the power of the true hero? The power of the true hero is love...

Link: With that, I was woken by a voice faintly remembered. A voice guiding me on a long and perilous journey.

Zelda: Link!

Link: Zelda!

Zelda: Help! Link! Help me! Link!

Link: I'm coming! Zelda! Zelda! Zelda! Zelda!

~The End~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom