• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Games Are Canon

D

Deleted member 121

I am willing to accept the validity of the story of FSA to be canon. How ever I think the gameplay/graphics are still somewhat of a spinoff of LttP mixed with WW.

But I still can not agree with you that FS was/is canon.

I am willing to accept the validity of the story of FSA to be canon. How ever I think the gameplay/graphics are still somewhat of a spinoff of LttP mixed with WW.

But I still can not agree with you that FS was/is canon.

FS sets up FSA. If FSA is canon, then FS has to be. FS is also a continuation of MC, which is also canon. All the games belong in the Four Swords Saga.

Vaati comes to power, Vaati is sealed away - MC
*We also see how the Four Sword came to be in MC, and at the end, learn that it was placed in a shrine.

Vaati escapes, he is sealed away again - FS
*Here, we actually see the Four Sword in the shrine it was placed in after MC

Vaati escapes a second time, is seemingly destroyed - FSA

All these titles work together as a continuation. Without FS, there would be no FSA, which is definitely canon. They would also never mention a non-canon game's story or plot in the backstory of a canon title. If you believe FSA is canon, then you can't deny that FS is canon as well, as explained in FSA's BS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 121

Hmm, it's been a while since I've played through FS or FSA, I was thinking that FSA was the completed version with the completed story. If what you say is true, and it sounds about right, then it would be canon as long as MC and FSA are also canon, which I do believe they are. My bad. I'll go edit my canon/non-canon list accordingly

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Hmm, it's been a while since I've played through FS or FSA, I was thinking that FSA was the completed version with the completed story. If what you say is true, and it sounds about right, then it would be canon as long as MC and FSA are also canon, which I do believe they are. My bad. I'll go edit my canon/non-canon list accordingly

In the Other Zelda section there's a thread with ALL the quotes in the game.
Use some spare time to read it and you'll understand why it is canon, and why it is usually placed before ALttP

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The GBA version of Alttp is canon, since it changed the evidence used in the original game (such as the manual.) Nintendo had purposely changed everything they could instead of just simply porting the thing from it's SNES counterpart.

The Four Swords games are also completly canon seeing as how Ganon and Gerudos have appeared in the games, not to mention that there is evidence linking FS to OOT.

I consider the Nintendo Power comics... somewhat canon considering Nintendo had a small amount of part with NP.

The CD-i games are not Canon and they don't even provide evidence of linking to any games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom