• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which GameCube Games Would You Most Like to See Remade in HD?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Other games in HD would be kinda nice, but for me the two that immediately pop up in my mind are the two Metroid Prime games. I still think those two games look fantastic on the GameCube as is, but if they got the HD treatment... I don't think I could ignore getting a WiiU. I'd have to get it just to play those two games in astounding HD quality!

Zelda: Twilight Princess - I honestly think that Nintendo should be remaking this game just because it hasn't aged as well graphically as Wind Waker.

Metroid Prime - No reasoning necessary.

Sonic Adventure 1/2 - If Sega remade these games, it might reawaken something in their heads and 3D Sonic games would become great again.

Pikmin 1/2 - With 3 coming, having 1 and 2 remade in HD would let new Pikmin players play the first ones.

The less accessible games, the ones that are Gamecube exclusives and never been re-released for the Wii.

F-Zero GX, Star Fox Adventure, Star Fox Assault, and Super Mario Sunshine are first things to come up to mind.

The less accessible games, the ones that are Gamecube exclusives and never been re-released for the Wii.

F-Zero GX, Star Fox Adventure, Star Fox Assault, and Super Mario Sunshine are first things to come up to mind.

Star Fox: Assault crossed my mind, too, but it would definitely need some of the "fine-tuning" TWW HD is supposed to bring in order to justify the price tag. If TWW HD really is going to be $60 (which isn't proven at this point), SFA HD would need a lot of improvement and additions to warrant the big bucks. It would look beautiful in high definition and the soundtrack is always awesome, but the ten missions don't...really...cut it. Perhaps with some Wi-Fi access for the multiplayer mode, cooperative play for the campaign, and at least a few bonus stages, the money would feel better spent. Should they do that, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Both Pikmin games. Ah, just imagining the Awakening Woods in HD is taking my breath away.

I'll go obscure and say Chibi-Robo. Just cuz I like that game and want it remade.

I'm afraid I don't have many other ideas.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
Super Mario Sunshine: Although I do like the actual gameplay too much, I thought the game looked fantastic. I know this is about GC games, but if they released an HD disc with 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy series that would be AMAZING.

Melee: It would be a great candidate for an HD upgrade. It was one of the first GC games released, (which you'll find to be a running trend in my list) but it's also one of the most polished gaming experiences in both controls and visuals on the system. With the addition of wifi matches, it would be a nice hold-over while we wait for the next release.

Pikmin 1 and 2: Like Melee, the first Pikmin was an early game for the system, but I still think it looks absolutely beautiful. Seeing how amazing Pikmin 3 is looking makes me want these two to get the upgrade even more. <3

Sunshine... YES YES YES YES YES YES

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom