• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game to Start With?

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Hey all,

So, long story short, I have never played Pokemon... and I would really like to start! My friend has a few for GBA and DS that she said she would loan me. So, going no further back than Gameboy Advance, which Pokemon games would be best for someone who has never played them before?

Crusnikbat

Professional Dork
I would start with Firered or Leafgreen because they're remakes of the first games in the series. If you don't want to start there, I strongly reccommend Pokemon Platinum.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I'm thinking about FireRed or LeafGreen and try to advance cronologically(HGSS,RSE,DPPL).
If not, try HeartGold or SoulSilver. They're pretty awesome.

Rachel

be vigitant
I would recommend reading reviews, watching trailers, or just picking up one of the games and playing it! They all have basically the same catch 'em all premise with differing plots. Personally, I enjoyed Emerald the most. It just seemed to have more depth and interactivity, lots of things to do and secrets to find.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Ruby, sapphire, emerald, heart gold, or soul silver. All good games. Try the more modern ones to jump strait in or the older ones to wet you feat.

T

technologist798

dude start with fire red or leaf green its arelly fun game with a pretty lenghty storyline and has the most puzzles of all the pokemon games which is good youl have more time to understand the world of pokemon

Heart Gold and Soul Silver are good to start with IMO!

Though Black and White if you reeeally wanna jump right into the stream of things

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
If you wanna start early generation wise for GBA, go with Firered and Leafgreen.
If you want to go early generation wise with a DS, Heartgold and Soulsilver.
Then go to Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald, then Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and then Black/White.

i defiantly think you should start with firered or leafgreen, they are very fun and their is not so many Pokemon so you don't have to think so hard if you current ones are the best and what not. i certainly think they are the best personally.

IHateAnts

Chaos Kourney
I was always partial to Ruby and Sapphire, but I'd have to agree with the majority of everyone else, fire red or leaf green would best to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom