• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Help Which Game Should I Start With?

So yeah... I have a Wii and DSI, so which game should I start with? I'm new-ish. meaning I've played some of the zeldas but not all the way through any one of them... yeah I'm really bad at being the OP... so which game? (or games?)

thanks in advance :) :yes:
-robow87

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I figured you should start with Ocarina of Time on the Wii Virtual Console. If not that, pick Majora's Mask or Skyward Sword.

OoT and MM are both N64 games. SS is a Wii game and the most current. :)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Well considering you have a Wii, I would recommend getting Ocarina of Time for the Virtual Console. Soon after, you could get Majora's Mask for Virtual Console; however, if you're looking for a more recent game, I recommend getting Skyward Sword. If you fancy Toon Link, then I recommend Phantom Hourglass, afterwards you should play Spirit Tracks. If you wanna go by Timeline, then that's up to you. I think OoT is a great way to start. Not for "nostalgic" reasons, but more or less because it's a great Zelda game for newbies and veterans alike.

oh forgot to mention that i have Twilight princess. and how much do they cost? and wow i posted this like 10 minutes ago, you guys are great!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
oh forgot to mention that i have Twilight princess. and how much do they cost? and wow i posted this like 10 minutes ago, you guys are great!
Great! TP's not a bad game at all. ^^ If I recall correctly, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are both 1000 Wii points, which is about $10 a piece (2000 Wii Points card = $20/2 = $10 per game).

So did you play twilight princess all the way through? If not, you should start with that. If twilight princess isn't your thing, try skyward sword on the wii. Stay away from the ds Zeldas; they're entertaining but considered to be the worst titles in the series. Ocarina of time and majora's mask are both classics, but i don't know if a newer-gen gamer could really get into them because of the graphics...I mean, the games are well over a decade old.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. They both represent the series well and should give you some idea what to expect from the series as a whole.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If you have Twilight Princess then I would highly suggest you play this first. There is a timeline to the games but to be honest it doesn't matter to what order you play the games in. The reason ahy I would suggest TPis because its a great game to start off with, its everything a Zelda game should be and I think its a happy medium for any fan of the series. The story is great, amazing soundtrack, lots to do, beautiful graphics and much more.

I would usually suggest Ocarina of Time but if you are new to the series it might be harder to get Into a game that is now nearly 15 years old. Don't get me wrong the game is still a must and it has aged marvelously but it might not be the perfect game to start off for a new fan. I suggest you play the newer games like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, then once you have fell in love with the series move onto the classics. :yes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom