• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Should I Get?

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I am brand new to Pokemon, and I want to but one of the older ones. Can someone please reccommend one to me?

Depend's how old you want to go. If you want to go really old then Yellow, for the GameBoy would be your best bet as its just like Red and Blue but bigger and better.
Slightly further on you would want to choose Crystel over Silver or Gold (Game Boy Colour) as the graphics are better and there are more Pokemon in it, but they're all in Johto.
For the GameBoy Advance you should get Emerald for a more modern game that isn't brand new.

However, if you are simply looking for an older DS adventure then go with either HeartGold/SoulSilver or Platinum.

Hope this helps! :) (Personally my favourite is Emerald so I'd choose that if I were you)

I agree with Goomboo that if your looking for an old version, yellow beats blue and red (which also work on the Gameboy Advanced). Gameboy advanced games also work on the DS but I don't think a 3DS, and out of those games I like Emerald/Saphire/Ruby as well because there is a twist in the way the story is, although Leafgreen/Firered are good too. For DS games (which I think work on the 3DS) I would go with Heartgold/Soulsilver, although I like aspects of Diamond/Pearl too, but personally Platinum is one of the games at the bottom of my list of Pokemon games.

If it were me and I didn't have any of the games I would go with Firered/Leafgreen (depending on the system).

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Okay people, I've decicided and I got Pokemon Silver. (Moderators: This thread may close.)

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
You should start off with FireRed or LeafGreen (GBA). They do a great job in tutorials, and they help explain the entire concept of Pokemon, and to top that they're also remakes of the first games, so they're rather simplistic making good beginner games.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
You should start off with FireRed or LeafGreen (GBA). They do a great job in tutorials, and they help explain the entire concept of Pokemon, and to top that they're also remakes of the first games, so they're rather simplistic making good beginner games.

Psst. Hey. I already got Silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom