• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Game is Darker?

Which Zelda Game is Darkest?

• Majora's Mask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twighlight Princess

• I'm not sure.

• Another Game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
MM is consistently dark and TP isn't.

I actually think the opposite. MM seems like a non-dark game most of the time until you reach those portions where something dark happens. Otherwise, it just has an OoT feel, i.e. not dark. In TP you were constantly faced with depressing circumstances that were part of the main storyline. In TP, I saw a much darker feel to the game. And I know a lot of people say, "Dark graphics, a dark game does not make." But I felt the dark graphics in TP went a long way to making it a darker game. MM felt like a very creepy game with some dark elements, while TP was just a straight up dark game.But most of this is just based on my personal interpretations of the games.

My god it took me forever to reach the reply button. Lolz . But back to topic I think that they are kinda tied. If however they gave mm more realistic textures like tp I would probably s*** myself.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
There's more to atmosphere and scope than textures. Honestly OoT on higher textures wouldn't help the atmosphere much. In some parts of 3d I felt it and certain other feautures made the game inferior.

I have to agree with the others who've commented and voted for Majora's Mask. Twilight Princess is certainly dark, but there's a feeling of impending doom with Majora's Mask... it's almost creepy.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Well, the darkness of both games is very close. In Majora, you have an evil mask with enough power to destroy and entire planet. In Twilight Princess, you have an evil creature trying to take over both realms. The two villains goals are pretty much the same. It's hard to decide, but I"m going to have to go with Twilight Princess. In this game, you actually learn why Zant wants to be the supreme ruler of the universe.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Visually, Twilight Princess is darker. It does have some parts in it that are dark, but I think the game tries too hard to be dark.

Story-wise, Majora's Mask is the darkest Zelda game. I don't get why people say it's not a dark game. Seriously, there is a moon with a creepy face staring at you and you have 3 days before it crashes into the world and everyone dies. Some of the quotes in this game are pretty dark too. Especially the Moon Children's dialogue, I don't know how you can't find that dark.

LOL

I'm deaf, For real
Since Majora's Mask creeped me out the most, I think people would think the same thing too. Depressing, dramatic music, and all that crap. If you compare Majora's Mask (Darkest game) and The Wind Waker (Happy game). You would see the difference.

Mido

Version 1
I'd give this round to Majora's Mask, because it was indeed a dark game, story and all, but it was also really twisted in so many ways. The game actually scared me at points. TP, although set with a darker tone, had a sense of retribution throughout the game, as I felt as I was ending the ''darkness."

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Since Majora's Mask creeped me out the most, I think people would think the same thing too. Depressing, dramatic music, and all that crap. If you compare Majora's Mask (Darkest game) and The Wind Waker (Happy game). You would see the difference.

Not really...both felt very uplifting to me. Wind Waker felt a little happier, but that's mainly because of the art style and slightly because of atmosphere. If given the same art style as MM, it'd be darker. MM features a world in which the moon threatens to destroy a city. A threat to be taken lightly because we have the Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker features a story where an apocalypse not only threatened an entire country--but it actually happened. Not saying Wind Waker's dark, because it's not, but MM isn't much darker.

Seriously, there is a moon with a creepy face staring at you and you have 3 days before it crashes into the world and everyone dies. Some of the quotes in this game are pretty dark too. Especially the Moon Children's dialogue, I don't know how you can't find that dark.

The Moon Children dialogue felt pretty innocent and I know I'm a minority here, but the moon just reminded me of the Teletubbies. XD

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The moon is the sort of thing that gives people nightmares. What is it? Who are those children? Are they the Happy Mask Salesman? Where is this field? Its scaring me to type about it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The moon is the sort of thing that gives people nightmares. What is it? Who are those children? Are they the Happy Mask Salesman? Where is this field? Its scaring me to type about it.

Nobody knows. Not even Nintendo. The fact I know there was no deeper intention makes me very unscary to me.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I somehow doubt there's no deeper intention. In Theory we've buckets of dark theory about the smallest things. The moon is a compilation of your darkest nightmares.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I find Majoras Mask to be darker then Twilight Princess fork many reasons. One is the care free Atmosphere of the people in the game. It combined with the sence of doom just sends chills down my spine. Then as the moon gets closer and closer more and more people start to take notice of the moon and their bubble of safety.
To me Twilight Princess was trying to hard to be dark that you had to laugh. Zants tantrum ruined the darkness for me he was built up so well to be this person with power. While Majora never broke the darkness for me. Even the imp like form is crepy to me. It is sort of like the "that girl next door is a murder" type thing, I personly find it disturbing.

Then theres the reveal
that the skull kid was just possed by the mask.
That made me feel pitty for the skull kid. There us also the kingdom of Ikana that the land is complty dead. It shows just how powerful the mask is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom