• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Had the Best Music?

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Out of the many games in the Zelda franchise, which one had the best music? Why?

What's your favorite tune from that game? Why?

What's your favorite tune from all the games? Why?

I'd say the game with the best music is BotW, because the ambient sound and the panio are beautiful. My favorite tune from BotW is the Main Theme, because I Love the opening, and it's just awesome. My favorite tune from all the games is the BotW main theme once again. The Main Theme from the first game was also really good.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Tie between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. After that, the music got kind of forgettable. TP had some good stuff, but not like OoT and WW.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Wind Waker has the best soundtrack overall. Many of the games have great music but WW takes the mick with how good it is.

My favourite tune would either be the Great Sea theme or the Credits music. Both are very emotional pieces of music for me and I love them dearly.

Favourite tune from all the games is a tough one and I'd probably have a different answer if I took more time to think about it, but I'm going to say Twilight Princess's Hyrule Field theme for this one (TP has the second best soundtrack of them all).

Still Ocarina of Time for me. So many of the overworld and dungeon themes are memorable to me. Gerudo Valley has always been the catchiest track in the franchise to me and the title theme has this elegant beauty to it that makes me want to dive into the world waiting to be explored.

Last edited:
Wind Waker

The folk themes are perfect, the sense of adventure evoked by the Great Sea theme is perfect, its all so perfectly fitting, more so than any other Zelda game IMO.

My favourite theme from WW is a close one between the Great Sea theme and the main title theme, i love how the main theme has transcended into this quaint folkish sound of WW's world, shows the versatility of the theme's composition itself.

Overall from the series...

Lost Woods from AlttP, its perfectly whimsical and catchy and nostalgic at this point.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The best music for me is in Twilight Princess which has so many memorable tracks. My favourite is Gerudo Desert or Ooks theme.

OOT and MM also have great music. The themes really evoke the feel of the places you are supposed to be in. My favourites are The Song of Storms and Ikana Castle.

WW has some of the best tracks in the series. The dungeon themes aren't up to much though. My favourite is Molgeras theme.

SS has some good tracks but in places has really innapropriate music such as when fighting a Stalfos a joyful waltz plays making the player want to dance with the skeleton rather than fight it. And also Demise's introduction is the same as Batreaux's who is a comical character. My favourite track is Koloktos's theme.

BoTW's has got to be the worst with very few memorable tracks and contains mostly background noise. For a game which makes you roam fields most of the time we could actually do with some proper music to do that to. My favourite song is Moldugas theme.

Last edited:

ray138

a Mid-West Monster of the Highest Grade
Here's my rankings. I haven’t played the DS titles, so those aren’t listed.
There isn’t a title with music I don’t like, so this ranking goes from good to great.

12. Link’s Awakening (1993)
Not a bad group of songs, but for me it’s the least memorable.
11. Oracle of Ages/Seasons (2001)
I love the update to the classic overworld theme!
10. Majora’s Mask (2000)
The mischievous title theme and the reworked classic Overworld theme stand out.
09. Twilight Princess (2006)
Hyrule Field Night and Hidden Village are a couple of the series best.
08. The Minish Cap (2004)
A very different sound for the series. Minish Village is a great track.
07. The Wind Waker (2002)
Would have liked this to have had a more island/Polynesian sound, but it has a great overworld theme and Dragon’s Roost is another favorite.
06. The Legend of Zelda (1986)
The original title theme and overworld are obviously classics, but I also love the Save/Continue and Dungeon themes.
05. Ocarina of Time (1998)
The title theme is just so good! Very different than the typical “adventure” music you’d expect. A truly classic soundtrack.
04. Breath of the Wild (2017)
The music in BotW won me over more and more every time I played. Rito Village and Hyrule Castle are favorites.
03. A Link to the Past (1994)
The definition of Iconic! Every track is a masterpiece! The Darkworld and Seven Maidens are series standouts.
02. Skyward Sword (2011)
The first fully orchestrated score didn't disappoint! Fitting themes for each area and character. Fi’s theme is probably my favorite piece in the series!
01. The Adventure of Link (1987)
This one just has a magic to it that no other has had. Best Title Theme, Overworld, Battle and Dungeon music.

Quin

Disaster Master
You should play PH ray, so Links Awakening isn't your last anymore.

Anyway, My favorite overall is TWW. Like other said, It all fits so well and is very memorable. Dragon Roost, The main title theme, The great sea theme, the final battle theme. Amazing.
ALTTP and ALBW also score very high. That minigame music is excellent!

However, my overall favorite theme is Ballad of the Wind Fish from LA. Probably a bit nostalgia but its amazing for an 8 bit tune and I can still get emotional hearing it.

Ninja

Well well well
Overall, I'd say Wind Waker has the best soundtrack. Every piece of music fits each area of the game.

My two favorite tunes out of the bunch are Dragon Roost Island, and CHICKACHICKACHICKACHIKACHIKA.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
For sheer excess of musical brilliance, no sound track in the series beats Ocarina of Time.

However, the few standout tracks Twilight Princess has are among the best in the entire series. After the Battle and Midna's Lament are in my Top 5 at least. Twilight's soundtrack was also atmospheric and subdued. Ocarina's stands out for being diverse and catchy, immediately recognizable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom