• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Game Had the Best Music in Your Opinion?

Which Zelda game has the best music in your opinion?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages

• Four Swords

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • A Link Between Worlds

• Total voters

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I'd have to say OoT, as it had a great mix of previous themes (aLttP) and masterful new themes. MM would be my second, as it again uses old themes and new ones to create great atmosphere; the best example of this would be the differences in the three days in Clock Town. aLttP would be my second pick, and since ALBW will be reorchestrating that music, I'll probably like it even more (but not as much as OoT or MM).

In terms of some other games, I really like TP music, but mostly because of Twilight Symphony, so I don't know if that really counts...

I though SS had great uses of music in terms of gameplay, such as it changing depending on your area or if you activate a timeshift stone, etc. However, some of it was kind of annoying, and generally didn't stand out as much to me. I did really like the Ballad of the Goddess when Zelda sings it, though. :)

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I think out of all the Zelda games, I have enjoyed Skyward Sword's the most. I really like how airy the music is. It really seems to flow. This was a hard one for me because I really really liked Oot and MM's music. While both have very different vibes, I just really love them both. I'm leaning towards MM for my second favorite thought because the music was really atmospheric and kind of awkward which went along with the game well.

Well, to be fair right off the bat, not all of the music in Zelda is created equal. I'm not jumping on or challenging everybody here, but Skyward Sword having an orchestral score isn't a very good way to compare it to the rest of the series' music. Now if you think SS really did the best at setting the mood and atmosphere, establishing frightening boss encounters, and bringing the world to life, that's fine. As long as it's through the actual compositions themselves, instead of just the fact that the music is orchestrated for the first time, that's cool. I just felt a need to put that out there, as I believe there's a legitimate reason for thinking every entry is the best, and because all but one game so far has a non-orchestrated track, I just wanted to give other games a fair shot.

Having said that, I have to go Ocarina of Time. Music is one of the greatest things that's totally subjective; I see that others think Minish Cap has the best, and that's totally fine with me and up to you. But I've gone through OoT more than any other Zelda game, and because I have such fond memories of it dating back to a number of years, the musical compositions just really still strike a cord with me. I also find that OoT features the most "main-stay" Zelda music. What I mean by that is the most tunes that people can still recognize today. If you gave me a dungeon theme from WW or SS..... I honestly probably couldn't tell you what it was. But I could tell you every single one of OoT's background music.

Saria's Song and Gerudo Valley could very well top the charts in the "most recognizable" music category, barring of course main themes and such, like the classic title theme. I think that's a testament to how well it was done.

And also, I love MM to death. I've even developed to where I think it tops Oot fairly well. But using the same song for each of the four main areas, just with a different twist, was kind of lame..... Clocktown is still amazing as ever though, and Song of Healing could very well be the most beautiful Zelda song ever.

My favorite Zelda song is the hurtle field theme from twilight princess. Yes Twilight princess is my opinion, the best Zelda music track in a Zelda game for me.

After some thinking, Majora's Mask has to be my favourite. As cliché as it sounds, It had such deep and haunting music that gave the game such a distinctive atmosphere, It also complimented the art style and scenery really well.

I went with SS on this one, and while all Zelda music is memorable to me another game series that is almost tied with it in my mind is Metroid more specifically Metroid primes 1-3, the theme music for each of those games to me portrayed exactly what the game was, MP3 corruption's theme music said that things would be dire that it could be the end of Samus, she nearly became that which she sought to destroy, the hair on the back of my neck still rises when I hear MP music.

Zelda music to me portrays its game perfectly most of the time, and is a more nastalgic, while some of the music raises hair its mostly just beautifully written, highly memorable and relaxing or at times exciting to listen to.

I found skyward sword tracks forgettable. It did help fi's dancing though. The only tracks I enjoyed were ballad of the goddess amd hero's song. Its a shame there wasnt an option to replay them.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Very close call, considering I love most of the game's soundtracks. But I'm handing it to Skyward Sword. Love the orchestration, and I love how it isn't overly reliant on nostalgic pieces and instead chooses to make its own stuff. Plus, and this is more of a personal note, it's the most emotionally-gripping for me. It captured the mood and feel of the moments better than any Zelda game, and made the whole game an emotional roller-coaster for me.

I can't just pick any set from either games because I love all of it almost equally, but to satisfy your curiosity I will pick the themes from both OoT and SS, SS won over OoT because of the hair raising effect it's theme music had on me and still does but OoT was very close do to nostalgia, there really isn't any music in the Zelda franchise that I don't like making favorites a hard choice to make but if I had to choose it would be Ballad of the goddess.

I hope this is satisfactory Tenkashixd.

I can't just pick any set from either games because I love all of it almost equally, but to satisfy your curiosity I will pick the themes from both OoT and SS, SS won over OoT because of the hair raising effect it's theme music had on me and still does but OoT was very close do to nostalgia, there really isn't any music in the Zelda franchise that I don't like making favorites a hard choice to make but if I had to choose it would be Ballad of the goddess.

I hope this is satisfactory Tenkashixd.

It works. haha

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Now this may be one of the hardest Zelda discussions up to date. First thing that comes to mind is OoT offcourse. The soundtrack was awesome, I remember that the Lost Woods theme gave me goosebumps as a little boy. Wind Waker was also excellent. The extremely catchy theme from Dragonroost Island for example. Almost had me dancing in front of my Gamecube xD.

Best music was Majora's Mask however, and no, this is not the fanboy in my talking. Song of Healing, 'nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom