• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Had the Best Hyrule/Termina Field?

Which game's field was best?

• Ocarina Of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Mask

• Twilight Princess

• I don't like the fields at all

• Other

• Total voters
Most of the 3D zelda games had a large area of field that was placed in between areas of the map in order to make the game seem larger. These games were Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. My question for you is, which field did you like best.

Personally, I liked the Hyrule Field from Twilght Princess the best because it had a lot in it, and was truly breathtaking to look at. Majora's Mask comes in second, because of the amount of things to do in it. Ocarina of Time comes in last, because while it was a great overall game, the Hyrule Field in this game stank because it had very little to do in it, and was a large area the only served the purpose of making the game look larger than it was.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I haven't been able to play MM, since I don't have the game, so I really can't judge Termina Field.

Between OoT and TP, though, TP has a better designed field, I think. Both fields are annoying to cross and are pretty empty, but at least TP has constant enemies in the field the entire game. They're easily ignored, but at least they make you pay a bit more attention to what's going on around you. In OoT, it's easy to go into autopilot while traveling since the enemies can't usually catch up to you or they only come out at night. As an adult, there are even less enemies to deal with, so crossing the field is boring.

Plus TP has some pretty awesome music in the field. I just love the eerie night music.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Well, Majora's Mask had the best Termina Field, hands down.

The best field was TP, though, because of its sheer beauty and actual things to do.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Well, I love OoT, but it has the worst Hyrule Field. There's nothing to do in OoT's Hyrule Field other than the Big Poe quest and a couple heart pieces, and it's a little big considering there's nothing much to do in it. TP is second, because considering how huge it is, there's not a ton to do it. On the other hand, it looks spectacular, and there is definitely more to do than OoT.
MM is the best field out of the three, though. Termina Field has a lot to do considering it's not big at all. If you want to get from one end to another, it takes no time at all. Like OoT, it's merely a hub for other areas, but Termina Field is a more effective one, in that it's smaller, and with more to do. For example, there's quite a few heart pieces, some solid treasure spots, you get the Kamaro Mask, and it's a good spot to refill on hearts, mana, and other supplies like arrows and bombs.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I have 2 favorites. OoT and TP. OoT had great, beautiful Hyrule field. The trees, bushes, and the roads looked real. And it was very fantastic to adventure and roam around with Epona and defeat enemies nearby. TP's Hyrule field was the next beautiful thing. The hills, mountains and everything surrounding everything can catch anyone attention. And when it sunsets all those sunset colors combine to create a gorgeous afternoon. I especially love it in the night. It's perfect in low light. The music theme on day and night is pretty awsome. Well there's my opinion!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I might be a little free spirited, but I just simply love big, open fields of grass. I was pretty whiny in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, because they were too small for me. Then, in Twilight Princess, they gave us many different Hyrule Fields to explore and journey through. Also, like Caeda said, the graphics made it even better to roam in.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Haven't really played MM; going to get into it over the summer so I don't know about Termina Field. I've also only been in Hyrule Field a bit in TP; also beating that soon. Trying, at least. But I loved Hyrule Field in OoT. I love the large area that acts as a portal or whatever to every other area in the game that you need to go to.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
TP Hyrule Field all around, for me. Ocarina of Time's felt too vast and vacant at the same time, with not too much to do, and Termina Field was a great place to restore your hearts and the Magic Meter, plus had plenty of surprises if you hunted around. Yet I must pick TP's because it didn't make restocking too easy, had a good amount of places to explore or search out (the caves and the Wolf Link-accessed holes in the ground), and was spaced out perfectly for the enemies, or at least from my viewpoint. But one of the biggest pluses I've found when crossing through it--and definitely one of the greater elements for me--is the Hyrule Field song. It provokes me to go take long ways, slashing down enemies and those vulture-creatures as it plays on; and though clearly evolved from Ilia's Theme, it affects me no less the same, with a sensation that somehow removes worries in life from me. I don't hate the other two, but I do hope that the aforementioned aspects will be carried over into future titles such as Skyward Sword, so that the Legend will forever thrive on more than gameplay--immersion and independence.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I agree with a lot of others that the Twilight Princess field had much more to explore and more enemies to fight as well. I think that the next best field for me would probably be a tie between Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom