• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which game had the best executed/your favorite DLC?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
DLC can be hit or miss depending on the game, but there are instances where it's done well or warrants the price it goes for.

What is an instance or example(s) of DLC that you thought warranted the cost as well as your favorite DLC content you've had added to a game you've played?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Octo-Expansion for Splatoon 2. I know a lot of people just wanted it to have playable octolings, but it was actually super good. It did story mode better than the base story mode. And the secret boss you can unlock from it was the most challenging part of anything in story mode. Well worth the $20 for a better story mode, secret boss, new gear, and playable octolings.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
GTA Episodes from Liberty City, it just reminded me of the Stories games on the PSP where even though it's more of a complimentary game to the main GTA, it still had its own unique ideas and felt really cool to return to the city in a slightly different way

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Octo-Expansion for Splatoon 2. I know a lot of people just wanted it to have playable octolings, but it was actually super good. It did story mode better than the base story mode. And the secret boss you can unlock from it was the most challenging part of anything in story mode. Well worth the $20 for a better story mode, secret boss, new gear, and playable octolings.
beating inner agent 3 remains one of my proudest gaming achievements along with trophying sekiro

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Breath of the Wild I definitely think did dlc right. Tons of extra content, great new story details that are not required to understand the game's story, the best challenge in the game, and a genuinely great hard mode that is basically the definitive way to play the game now. Plus tons of cool new gear that does more than just add aesthetic value. A really good dlc pack for a decent price.

Last edited:

MW7

I thought Hitman 2 had great dlc. The game had 6 main maps and the dlc was 2 maps that were actually better than what came with the game.

I'd probably have to hand it to Undead Nightmare for RDR1. It felt more like a new game than an expansion of the base game. GTA IV had great dlc's as well. Shame Rockstar will probably never expand their single player games like that again because of GTA Online.

The Souls games all had great DLC. I loved how they were thoughtfully placed into the game's progression rather than just being open immediately.

GTA Episodes from Liberty City, it just reminded me of the Stories games on the PSP where even though it's more of a complimentary game to the main GTA, it still had its own unique ideas and felt really cool to return to the city in a slightly different way

GTA IV did a much better job telling the story of three connected characters than V did, and that was V's big gimmick.

I'd probably have to hand it to Undead Nightmare for RDR1. It felt more like a new game than an expansion of the base game. GTA IV had great dlc's as well. Shame Rockstar will probably never expand their single player games like that again because of GTA Online.

That's because when people feel interconnections with other players, via playing online, they do spend more time in the game, and spending more money as well. I love all the DLCs for Call of Duty, and you know what, it would be really cool if some stuff from those addons, somehow, would transfer to multiplayer modes, and maybe giving an option to players to use something in the esports championships. It's pretty important for Esport players to see something new in the games, and in every esport tournament to make something new based on the gameplay features.

Last edited:

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Smash Bros Ultimate has had incredible DLC. Some really great new characters have been added and they always come with a stage and music, and you certainly don't need em to enjoy the gameon it's own so I think it's pretty great.

Also Minecraft had some amazing worlds and texture packs, in particular the Banjo-Kazooie skin that tortures me on the skin select screen because I lost my ethernet cable and therefore can't shell out the $2 for him.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I would like the Smash DLCs if they gave us some actually good characters! I really love the BotW ones because it gives you more content. I've known some DLCs to just give you a new outfit or something, but in BotW the outfits encourage you to explore and gives you incentive to explore. The Champion's Ballad gives some amazing challenges and beautiful bits of story that had been missing from the original game. It added to the game in enjoyability and not just items. (The motorcycle was a bit of a letdown though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom