• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Do You Believe Goes First?

WHich Game Goes First??

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Minish Cap

• Other

• Total voters
Okay, which game do you believe goes first, OoT, MC, or another game. If you could please pst why you believe that game goes first, I'd appreciate it:)

CZG

I'm still working that out, but I say it's not MC - There is this Link with no hat on, but I don't think that really settles it.
There is more stuff going on in this game, which actually isn't inside this game, but as a legend before the MC story...
On the other hand, none of it directly comes from another Zelda game.
It could be the first at this moment, but something takes place before that. And it involves Link!

I'm trying out to put something before OoT, but it's difficult.
Some message from the Nintendo company itself, stating that OoT is the first in the series. Kills it before I start.

I wonder If that is something they meant to be everlasting, or wheter they stated this when OoT came out and when only five games excisted...
It is problably before LoZ, TAoL, ALttP and LA. I have my doubts on ALttP, but overall it seems plausible enough.

So I'll vote OoT in a moment.

I believe the same, i think that MC happens sometime after OoT and MM as the game that goes before FS and FSA, and even though it was said that OoT was the first game in 1998, it most likely is still true, and has more evidence than MC.

L

Lesella

I think Minish Cap comes first, It shows monsters being released onto the world and the green hat tradition starting, OoT always had monsters and Link always had his cute little green hat. Plus, ganondorf didnt exist yet in minish cap and seeing as its ulikely that it came after ST in the timeline it wouldnt work to put MC after any other game Ive played

E

Exempt

Minish cap is first because its confirmed to be a prequel to four swords/four swords adventures and those are confirmed to be before ocarina of time

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Minish cap is first because its confirmed to be a prequel to four swords/four swords adventures and those are confirmed to be before ocarina of time

I agree that MC should go first, but....

when were FS and FSA ever confirmed to be before OoT? I would love to see the developer quotes for that one.

There was a time when they said FS would be the oldest tale in the Zelda series but they scrapped that idea. Other than that, there is literally no confirmation of FS/FSA going before OoT.

E

Exempt

Aonuma: The GBA Four Swords Zelda is what we’re thinking as the oldest tale in the Zelda timeline. With this one on the GameCube [(FSA)] being a sequel to that, and taking place sometime after that.
that was in 2004 after four swords adventures was released in japan

Z

zelda-hyrule

i belive Minish cap. That was the game when were was first intorudced to the whole Toon Concept. Last i think should be a Link to the past cause he is older so then he would be looking back at his Toon Self. Twilight Princess could probley go after Phantom ohurglass and Spirttracks because in my opion Link looks a little bit like a Teen.Then Majoras mask and so on.

Thats my opion

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
that was in 2004 after four swords adventures was released in japan

That was stated by Aonuma in 2004 but then in 2008 Aonuma came out and said that he didn't work on the story of FSA at all and that some of the concepts and ideas they had for the game were changed.

Kind of hard to believe someone about a timeline placement when he didn't have any hand in creating the story. Normally I would stick to what Aonuma says but he clearly didn't know what he was talking about and albeit confirms that he didn't know what he was talking about.

i belive Minish cap. That was the game when were was first intorudced to the whole Toon Concept. Last i think should be a Link to the past cause he is older so then he would be looking back at his Toon Self. Twilight Princess could probley go after Phantom ohurglass and Spirttracks because in my opion Link looks a little bit like a Teen.Then Majoras mask and so on.

Thats my opion

WW was the first game to use the Toon Link concept.

ALTTP features a completely different Link.

TP and ST are on completely different sides of the timeline.

MM is confirmed to be before TP.

I mean this in no offense, but I don't think you know the basics of theorizing the timeline if you don't even know that each games (except the obvious ones) feature different Links.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
My guess is Minish Cap, because of one theory:

Kokiris are actually the evolved form of the Minish!
Or its turned on its head.
But the minsh evolving into Kokiri are more likely, because of they evolved into Koroks...
Also there are no Gorons in MC.
So my theory is that Minish comes before OOT because of that the characters would evolve into OOT characters.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
There definitely are Gorons in MC...

There is a Goron merchant and a Goron that is trying to punch through a cave.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff

But the minsh evolving into Kokiri are more likely, because of they evolved into Koroks...
So my theory is that Minish comes before OOT because of that the characters would evolve into OOT characters.
Well I think that LttP also comes before OoT because Ganondorf goes back in time. See, I can support my theories with theories too.
That combined with what Zemen said gives you have no evidence for yours.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Well I think that LttP also comes before OoT because Ganondorf goes back in time. See, I can support my theories with theories too.
That combined with what Zemen said gives you have no evidence for yours.

Yeah. I've changed my decisions now. I posted a thread in the Timeline forum now. Go check it out, and plz argue with me. Atleast I think I came up with a decent timeline :)... I can't remember so much from the different games, as there is a long time since I played through them :)
I completely forgot about those Gorons...

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire

no gorons, What about biggoron that gives you the mirror shield or all the gorons that break through the goron cave thing so you can get a bottle. Where did you get that their are no gorons from?

M

Mehzmerize

I always thought OoT was the first in the timeline until I started reading some of these posts which is making me change my mind and believe it really could be the Minish Cap, however, if that is true, then when does OoT fit in the timeline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom