• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Do You Believe Goes First?

WHich Game Goes First??

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Minish Cap

• Other

• Total voters

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I always thought OoT was the first in the timeline until I started reading some of these posts which is making me change my mind and believe it really could be the Minish Cap, however, if that is true, then when does OoT fit in the timeline?

the usual MC first timeline looks like this
/AT
MC-OOT
\CT

Pinecove

Last Chance
MC seems like more of an origin story to me. Something interesting to note is this:

TMC: There's a fairy which gives Link a bigger wallet.
OoT: There's no such Fairy.
TWW: Mentions a fairy of fortune in the forbidden woods on outset.

Fairy Fountain Site

This spot marks the remains of an ancient
fairy fountain. The legendary hero was said
to come here after battle so the fairies
could ease his weariness.
It was also said that whoever met with the
Great Fairy who lived here was blessed
with great fortune, so it came to be known
as the Fountain of the Fortune Goddess.

This sounds like TMC, not OoT.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
MC seems like more of an origin story to me. Something interesting to note is this:

TMC: There's a fairy which gives Link a bigger wallet.
OoT: There's no such Fairy.
TWW: Mentions a fairy of fortune in the forbidden woods on outset.

Fairy Fountain Site

This sounds like TMC, not OoT.
That is interesting. But every other time the legendary hero is mentioned in the game is in reference to the HoT, and I don't see any reason not to assume this one is too. The 'legendary hero' and the 'great fortune' parts seem to be separate legends. ("It was also said that whoever...")

Jedizora

:right:
just reading this post in another thread from an employee at nintendo. it talks about how it is an story that eplaines the cap,
“This game takes you really, really deep into Hylian lore, and you could almost look at it as the story of how Link getshis cap.”
in every game link has had his cap. and i dont count ww and tp because the cloths in ww are cloths of a hero and the first spirt said something like that, but i can not remember and my copy broke

O

Okami_of_Shadow

i really think TotG goes first, i remember hearing somewhere in the game that, when Ganondorf entered the dark world, he was turned into the Demon; Ganon, and as seen in the TotG manga some people can change between what they have become and human form (like ganty the thief did )so it knida makes seance that TotG goes first ^_^ (TotG= Trifore of the Gods, LttP's japnese name, dont like that im using it? then deal with it XP)

Austin

Austin
i really think TotG goes first, i remember hearing somewhere in the game that, when Ganondorf entered the dark world, he was turned into the Demon; Ganon, and as seen in the TotG manga some people can change between what they have become and human form (like ganty the thief did )so it knida makes seance that TotG goes first ^_^ (TotG= Trifore of the Gods, LttP's japnese name, dont like that im using it? then deal with it XP)

I actually managed to work that out on my own, I'm so proud of myself :)
Anyway, it's been claimed countless times that any games with Ganon must go after OoT because that was his first appearance. Whether this was an official statement or an assumption that's been spread too far is unknown to me. If it's the latter, then I'm with you.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I'm one of those that still believes Ocarina of Time goes first. Theories are cool and fun, but until they are confirmed, I can only stick with what has been given to us by the creators.... which is why, as much as I despise Aonuma at times, I am thankful that at least SOMEBODY on the team cares about the timeline. Now, only if he'd get his butt in gear and start answering questions rather than creating more questions.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Minish Cap comes first Aonuma said that the FS series comes first and I stick to his word until he proves himself wrong.

Oh and about Aonuma not being part of the story team, let me whisper this to you guys: He has access to the story team. He can ask them where the game goes and whatnot. If it goes before OOT, it goes before OOT.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Minish Cap comes first Aonuma said that the FS series comes first and I stick to his word until he proves himself wrong.

I believe MC goes first but I don't recall any such interview or quotes from Aonuma saying the rest of the FS series follows MC directly. In fact, it makes no sense for FS or FSA to go before OoT by any means.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
FOr many reasons I am going with the Minish cap. But the most obvious reason is because we learn how Link first got his green cap, as he starts the game with no hat just like the hero of men, Gustav........hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
FOr many reasons I am going with the Minish cap. But the most obvious reason is because we learn how Link first got his green cap, as he starts the game with no hat just like the hero of men, Gustav........hmmmmmmmmmmmm

No offense, but this is why people make fun of people for using the hat as a timeline placer. Without a proper argument, the hat or lack there of is laughed at for good reasons.

The proper argument for the hat is as follows.

The hero in the BS wears no hat. It's important to note that the hero in the BS (a.k.a. the Hero of Men) is NEVER mentioned to be Gustav. That's just a misinterpretation that many players seem to believe. Gustav and the Hero of Men are given no connection in the game. It's gametrailers fault for letting people believe that. Anyway, the hero in the BS is most likely a past Link that has never appeared in a game before. If the Hero of Men is a past Link, then the fact that he has no hat is VERY important. It symbolizes that at one point in time there was a Link that wore no hat. Link in MC starts out with no hat which is symbolic in showing us that up until this game, it's quite possible that every past hero was hatless.

Bill Trinen who has spoken on behalf of MC has stated that MC takes the players deep into Hylian lore and can be viewed as the origin of Links hat.

The game focus' a lot on hats and to say that the hat dynamic towards Link's outfit is insignificant is disrespecting the creators of the game. The game focus' on three central hat themes.

1. The main item in the game stolen by Vaati is a magical hat that can grant any wish.
2. Ezlo is transformed into a hat that Link wears throughout the game and utilizes it's magic A LOT.
3. There is a lot of focus on the Hero of Men not having a hat as well as Link starting out hatless and ending with the gift of a hat.

Bottom line is this, to those who shrug off the hat theory, maybe you don't see it as much because all you see is a hat, not the symbolism behind it and the symbolism behind all hats in the game.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
No offense, but this is why people make fun of people for using the hat as a timeline placer. Without a proper argument, the hat or lack there of is laughed at for good reasons.

The proper argument for the hat is as follows.

The hero in the BS wears no hat. It's important to note that the hero in the BS (a.k.a. the Hero of Men) is NEVER mentioned to be Gustav. That's just a misinterpretation that many players seem to believe. Gustav and the Hero of Men are given no connection in the game. It's gametrailers fault for letting people believe that. Anyway, the hero in the BS is most likely a past Link that has never appeared in a game before. If the Hero of Men is a past Link, then the fact that he has no hat is VERY important. It symbolizes that at one point in time there was a Link that wore no hat. Link in MC starts out with no hat which is symbolic in showing us that up until this game, it's quite possible that every past hero was hatless.

Bill Trinen who has spoken on behalf of MC has stated that MC takes the players deep into Hylian lore and can be viewed as the origin of Links hat.

The game focus' a lot on hats and to say that the hat dynamic towards Link's outfit is insignificant is disrespecting the creators of the game. The game focus' on three central hat themes.

1. The main item in the game stolen by Vaati is a magical hat that can grant any wish.
2. Ezlo is transformed into a hat that Link wears throughout the game and utilizes it's magic A LOT.
3. There is a lot of focus on the Hero of Men not having a hat as well as Link starting out hatless and ending with the gift of a hat.

Bottom line is this, to those who shrug off the hat theory, maybe you don't see it as much because all you see is a hat, not the symbolism behind it and the symbolism behind all hats in the game.

Nah thats totally cool!!! Thanks for that, it does answer a few questions i had after finishing the game.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule

Oh and about Aonuma not being part of the story team, let me whisper this to you guys: He has access to the story team. He can ask them where the game goes and whatnot. If it goes before OOT, it goes before OOT.
As somebody who heavily relies on proof, I'd have no problem accepting that the FS series comes first if I actually saw such an interview. Can you please provide the source? :>

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I believe MC goes first but I don't recall any such interview or quotes from Aonuma saying the rest of the FS series follows MC directly. In fact, it makes no sense for FS or FSA to go before OoT by any means.

The GBA Four Swords Zelda is what we’re thinking as the oldest tale in the Zelda timeline. With this one on the GameCube [(FSA)] being a sequel to that, and taking place sometime after that. -Aonuma. (An old Gameinformer interview)

Once again, before you access his quote from 2008, you should note that he still has access to the story team. If they tell him something, then he speaks for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom