• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Franchise Needs To Die More? (Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I had an interesting conversation with my friends the other day. One of my friends traded in Destiny 2 to buy World War II. I asked him why he didn't get Assassin's Creed Origins because that game looks better and isn't from a franchise that needs to be killed off. Everyone disagreed with me and then we had a debate on which franchise needed to die out more.

These franchises stand out because they are from series that have yearly releases from publishers that people hate.

I don't think Assassin's Creed deserves to die off more than CoD because I feel like CoD hit is peak during the Modern Warfare days and quickly took a nose dive in quality after that. I feel that the only major issue Assassin's Creed is that thy always have buggy and unplayable launches, but they are still decent games. Syndicate is one of my favorite games of recent memory and feel like it gets a bit overlooked just because of the franchise it is a part of. CoD feels like the same copy and paste with different skins release after release. Assassin's Creed does put some new things to make the gameplay more interesting (like the grapple in syndicate) and do enough to stay interesting.

So what do you guys think. Which series do you wish would die more? Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed?

Debate now.

Both.

However i think CoD needs to die more.
There are better shooters with better ideas out there than CoD.

I don't care for Assassin's Creed either but if Ubi stop pissing about they could still make a great game out of it. I still want to play a very Japanese Ass Creed and will try it when they make it.

CoD however, cant do anything to make me wanna play it.

It really did baffle me for a long time how Call of Duty manages to sell millions upon millions of copies every single year when it's the exact same game at the exact same price. I realize now that the demographic is much more broad and casual for that series, leading to a lot of purchases from consumers that don't necessarily appreciate the medium in its entirety or can even truthfully call themselves a huge fan of video games as a whole.

I think it's like the Transformer movies series, deep down everyone knows that they're really not good and should have ended a long time ago, but the money is there and the target audience will eat it up every year regardless of the quality. It also helps that "gaming journalism" is just the strong-arm of these wealthy types of western game developers.

I really don't like Call of Duty and how it damages the medium from an artistic standpoint. I'd end it in a heartbeat if I could. The FPS genre really needs some fresh air, and it sticking around like this is further diluting the genre until it's the most boring and generic of them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom