• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which first, Shadow or Spirit?

C

Crystallion

I ALWAYS do the Spirit Temple first, to mentally prepare the horror that is the Shadow Temple ;_; I really hate doing the latter, it's like the well in Kakariko Village.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
the mirror shield is always really cool but really I dont get the point of this thread there is no specific order for them you just have to choosthat yourself

You are meant to do Shadow first (although the medellions are backwards) because completion of the water temple triggers the cut scene. First time players are likely to enter the village before going through the desert (since they probally wont have the Lens of Truth). And for the record, I find Bongo Bongo one of the easist bosses in the entire series.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Me and my friend Jenna got into this huge fight because I was in Shadow and she was in Spirit and she was telling me that I screwed the game up and I was telling her to shut her face lol. You could always just go to the Shadow Temple and get the hover boots since they are in the very beginning and then go to the Spirit Temple. I think I may do that since everyone seems to be in favor of the Spirit Temple. But Navi tells you to go to Kakariko so I don't know how people could go to the Spirit Temple first. Rebels :)

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I did the shadow temple last once. I found out that the Spirit Temple made the shadow temple a bit easier for me since I got another Heart Container from an easy boss.

Of course the Shadow Temple should come first according to the game's standards.

Ahahahah! I remember I tried to suicide on Epona because I didn't know how to cross to Gerudo Valley with the destroyed bridge. I never expected it to work.

I think you are free to do it either way.

According to Navi and game flow, I usually do the Shadow Temple first, but according to the notes and medallions, yes, it would seem I did them wrong. I always wondered.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Well, they always have the order everything's listed in in all the Zelda games. I think they intended the player to go in whatever order they want for those dungeons, since the original game lets you go in any order you want (except for the last dungeon). I think they were trying to hold true to that with these dungeons, just like with the Earth and Wind Temples in The Wind Waker.

J

Joey

I beat the game 3 or 4 times before getting on this website and I've always done Spirit first and I thought everyone else did I was shocked you could do Shadow first.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I guess i never knew that you could pick which one you wanted to do first. I always just did that shadow temple first because i used the hover boots a lot in the spirit temple just because i liked playing around with them.

I just followed ZD's order, so I went to the stupid shadow temple first.
I would get the lens of truth first so I can cross the desert.

Yeah, I think the lens of truth is what really sets up the Shadow Temple being first. The bottom of the well and the Shadow Temple are obviously linked, and I sure didn't know anything about the lens before Sheik told me about them (and she only tells you so you can get through the Shadow Temple right?). Along with what Navi tells you, I think it's safe to assume that they set up the Shadow Temple to go first, and yet they wanted to keep it non-linear.

Yeah, I think the lens of truth is what really sets up the Shadow Temple being first. The bottom of the well and the Shadow Temple are obviously linked, and I sure didn't know anything about the lens before Sheik told me about them (and she only tells you so you can get through the Shadow Temple right?). Along with what Navi tells you, I think it's safe to assume that they set up the Shadow Temple to go first, and yet they wanted to keep it non-linear.
Agreed.

Although I think at least earlier in production they may have intended the Shadow Temple to be last, as it's song and medallion are listed after the Spirit Temple ones. But it doesn't seem to be the order intended in the final version.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I always did-and I'm still doing-the Spirit Temple first.

I do the Temples in the Medallion order, because I became used to it. I thought that you had to get through the Spirit Temple, then the Shadow Temple. A while after, I learned that I can do the Shadow and Spirit Temple in the order I want.

I tried to do the Shadow Temple, then the Spirit Temple, but I didn't like how it felt, after years and years of doing it one way and then another.

Since then, doing the Spirit Temple first works for better me:nod:.

Last edited:

Zarom

The King
I always did the Shadow Temple first. Mainly because it is closer, and as soon as you step in Kakariko Village, you see the cutscene with Sheik. So, then I learn the Nocturn of Shadow, do the well, and I can immediately go to the Shadow Temple.

Also, the Lens of Truth is needed to cross the Haunted Wasteland. Also, the Spirit Temple is easier to do if you have the Hover Boots. And I've always prefered to learn evrything about Ganondorf just before going into his castle. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom