• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which first, Shadow or Spirit?

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
If you value doing things in order then you should do the shadow temple first. The Spirit temple is much funner in a ton of ways compared to the Shadow temple.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
Shadow first then Spirit Last

I think it's that way because,

1. Two items in the Spirit Temple
2. You use both Young and Adult Link
3. You meet a crap ton of new NPC's

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I think that the shadow and spirit temple can come in either order, but their definately are some things you should do before attempting the spirit temple like going to the well and such. Oh, and you can cross the river of sand without hover boots. I usually play the game forest-fire-water-shadow-spirit, but I could always do it the other way.

That's very interesting. It makes more sense Spirit then Shadow because as you mentioned Shadow is more difficult. But it doesn't quite make sense to go back to Kakariko (I don't have a resourse for that word to check if it's right or not) and come all the way back to Gerudo (same thing for this).
I think it was made to be both ways. You could do Spirit before or after Shadow.

F

FierceDeityDeku

If anyone notices, when you first become an adult, Sheik names all the temples. And he/she says "the house of the dead" (Shadow temple) before a "goddess of the sand" (Spirit temple).

P

Purehalo59

Just Need to Clear Something Up.

My friend and I have had quite an extended debate in relate. To the temple progression in OoT. We have come to an agreement Thea first ir the forest temple followed by fire then water. What he says is next is the shadow temple but I believe that the spirit temple comes next. Please help me win this argument :)

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Ok. Next is the bottom of the well. lol. But you can do either one once you get the hover boots from the shadow temple. Most people I know do shadow first because they're already in there to get the hover boots, but it's your choice.

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
truthfully, you could do either one, but usually people say the shadow temple is next. Because that is the order the medallions are in. But as I said, you could do either one :)

While it is possible to complete the Spirit Temple before the Shadow Temple, the official order given by Sheik, Navi and all the players guides is: Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow and Spirit. The Medallion and Ocarina songs for Shadow and Spirit are switched in the status menu, yes, but that is likely because sometime during the production stage the order was reversed.
Sorry buddy, you lost this one.

K

Keaton

Well I guess it could go both ways....
When Sheik is telling you about the sages he mentions the Shadow Temple first:
"One in a deep forest...
One on a high mountain...
One under a vast lake...
One within the house of the dead...
One inside a goddess of the sand..."

But thats assuming hes telling you the right order :P
Navi's promts also direct you to the Shadow Temple, but Saria tell you to go to the Spirit Temple.

A very interesting thing still exists and it is this; in the start Menu, the Medallion that shows up first in in fact the Spirit Medallion...suggesting that it is right to do first

It doesn't matter which one you choose first because although the items you obtain in the Shadow Temple (Hover Boots and the Lense of Truth) are helpful in completeing the Spirit Temple, they are not at all neccesary. I think, storywise, the Spirit Temple seems more fitting to be the final temple because it is more fulfilling and it is where Ganondorf emerged from.

Mikepoke101

Just Chilling.
I believe the only reason people do the shadow temple first is because of what Navi tells you,she doesn't mention the Gerudo Fortress until the Shadow temple is complete. Other then that I have no problem doing the Spirit Temple first I just think that first time players did what Navi told them and did the Shadow Temple first. And after beating the Game and playing it again they just stuck to the same tactic.

P

Purehalo59

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess that I would have to admit defeat on this one, even though I have always done the spirit temple before the shadow temple.

well i'm playing the OoT 3D and I went to the shadow temple first but then i notice that I had skipped the spirit medallion so probably nintendo intented that way..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom