• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Fire Dungeon is the Best?

Which Fire Dungeon is the Best?

• Turtle Rock: LA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodongo's Cavern: OOT

• Fire Temple: OOT

• Snowhead Temple: MM

• Sword and Shield Maze: OOS

• Skull Dungeon: OOA

• Death Mountain: FS

• Dragon Roost Cavern: WW

• Fire Mountain: WW

• Tower of Flames: FSA

• Cave of Flames: MC

• Goron Mines: TP

• Temple of Fire: PH

• Fire Temple: ST

• Earth Temple: SS

• Fire Sanctuary: SS

• Total voters
"The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go... This song is dedicated to the power of the heart... Listen to the Bolero of Fire..." In a continuation of my polls about dungeon themes, today I will ask about fire. Fire dungeons tend to be some of my favorites. Though they still have the usual puzzles, Fire dungeons tend to rely heavily on linearity, traps, and epic fights. There are some great ones to choose from.
The fire peoples include gorons, rito, mogmas, dragons, and Subrosians.

Fire Mountain in The Wind Waker isn't a dungeon in any way. I also think it's questionable to call Snowhead Temple a "fire" dungeon just because it has a little lava in it (Stone Tower Temple has just as much), and you're missing Turtle Rock from A Link to the Past.

I voted for the Earth Temple in Skyward Sword. I've never been particularly fond of the fire-themed dungeons, but the Earth Temple really changed that for me. I thought this dungeon was a blast and highly unique, as I detailed here. Just lots of fun and a killer song.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I can't think of which one might be the best, but I know that for me, Dragon Roost Cavern is the most memorable.

...Although I can't argue that the Earth Temple has awesome music.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The earth temple. It has such a catchy beat to its music and also it's fun rolling around on a giant ball.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time Master Quest's Fire Temple, and if I can't have that, I'll go with OoT Original's Fire Temple. It's captivating. The music is unnerving. Architecture is amazing although poorly used in many places IMO. It's just great.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's a tough choice between the Earth Temple and the Fire Sanctuary for me, but I'm gonna have to go with the Fire Sanctuary. The Earth Temple had more innovative ideas, sure, but the overall design just isn't as impressive to me as the Fire Sanctuary's. Not to say it isn't good, of course. Just the inferior of the two.

Whoops, somehow I forgot about the Goron Mines. >.>

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Fire temples are always my favorite.
So I'm going with Goron Mines from Twilight Princess, simply because I like the layout of the dungeon, playthrough, ect.
My second choice would be Fire Temple from Ocarina of Time.
Then Fire Sanctuary from Skyward Sword.

MW7

Dragon Roost Cavern all the way for me. It's the lone fire dungeon that I genuinely enjoyed from start to finish. The boss is super easy, but the dungeon is shockingly well designed for a first dungeon.

Fire Mountain in The Wind Waker isn't a dungeon in any way. I also think it's questionable to call Snowhead Temple a "fire" dungeon just because it has a little lava in it (Stone Tower Temple has just as much), and you're missing Turtle Rock from A Link to the Past.

Yeah, I forgot to include the first Turtle Rock. However, I disagree regarding Snowhead. I felt that Snowhead was themed around fire and ice as a collective theme, and thus belongs in both categories. The contrast between fire and ice was the dungeon's main theme. Goron Link was extremely adaptable to both conditions and the dungeon was equally built upon being a goron. Stone Tower Temple, as it has no transformation of its own, makes extensive use of the previous three big masks, including the ability of the gorons to roll through fire. But fire is hardly a defining characteristic of the dungeon itself. Fire Mountain is not truly a dungeon, but its a mini-dungeon, and very obviously fire-themed, though it was a bit pathetic.

Yeah, I forgot to include the first Turtle Rock. However, I disagree regarding Snowhead. I felt that Snowhead was themed around fire and ice as a collective theme, and thus belongs in both categories. The contrast between fire and ice was the dungeon's main theme. Goron Link was extremely adaptable to both conditions and the dungeon was equally built upon being a goron. Stone Tower Temple, as it has no transformation of its own, makes extensive use of the previous three big masks, including the ability of the gorons to roll through fire. But fire is hardly a defining characteristic of the dungeon itself. Fire Mountain is not truly a dungeon, but its a mini-dungeon, and very obviously fire-themed, though it was a bit pathetic.
If I'm remembering right, Snowhead Temple only had two rooms that even contained any lava, and no rooms that played off fire beyond standard torch puzzles. Stone Tower Temple had at least that (I believe several over, actually), which you could even double considering you have to go through all these rooms upside down as well. I'm not saying Stone Tower Temple is a fire dungeon -- it's not -- I'm saying that it's as much of one as Snowhead Temple is, if not more. Maybe this is a difference between our definitions of "fire dungeon", but I don't extend that to just any dungeon that contains fire or lava -- because that's a lot -- but ones that use it as a core theme, which I don't feel any dungeon in Majora's Mask does.

Fire Mountain is literally one room with no dungeon map, compass, boss, or anything, that plays the standard cave theme from throughout the game. Just like Ice Ring Isle, it's a special, fancy cave, but it's still just a cave. I don't see what traits it has in common with a dungeon at all -- even mini-dungeons like the Ice Cavern or Bottom of the Well.

If I'm remembering right, Snowhead Temple only had two rooms that even contained any lava, and no rooms that played off fire beyond standard torch puzzles. Stone Tower Temple had at least that (I believe several over, actually), which you could even double considering you have to go through all these rooms upside down as well. I'm not saying Stone Tower Temple is a fire dungeon -- it's not -- I'm saying that it's as much of one as Snowhead Temple is, if not more. Maybe this is a difference between our definitions of "fire dungeon", but I don't extend that to just any dungeon that contains fire or lava -- because that's a lot -- but ones that use it as a core theme, which I don't feel any dungeon in Majora's Mask does.

Fire Mountain is literally one room with no dungeon map, compass, boss, or anything, that plays the standard cave theme from throughout the game. Just like Ice Ring Isle, it's a special, fancy cave, but it's still just a cave. I don't see what traits it has in common with a dungeon at all -- even mini-dungeons like the Ice Cavern or Bottom of the Well.

Ok, I admit defeat. Upon further consideration, I will agree that Snowhead is not very fiery. My memory of the dungeon is considerably skewed by all the times I fell from ridiculously high heights in the one big room into lava. That has to be my least favorite dungeon in the game. However, in regards to Fire Mountain, in an Ice Dungeon poll, I would include Ice Ring Isle. The fact that it is a fancy cave is what makes it a mini-dungeon. It may not be particularly enjoyable, or long, but its role is one of fundamental importance in the plot/items of the game and its 'prettiness'/the fact that its a volcano, make it stand out a lot more than an ordinary cave. And Wind Waker didn't really have any other caves of comparable status. Sure there were some little islands with underground holes, usually followed by a small horde of monsters, or a single puzzle, but almost all of those were entirely optional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom