• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Fantastical Character Do You Hate Most?

TahDiscoBall

He does what Ninten-shouldn't.
2020082715193600-E733C7B7CE26121F1DA0EA525A683779.jpg

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
bdfadb2829fa29873d3c045aa98acc289dec5fd0_hq.jpg

god I hate Mr. O'Neill so much [from Daria]

I hate the way he looks, I hate the way he talks, I hate his freaking creepy little eyes, I hate the way he frequently focuses on Daria and just constantly makes things uncomfortable, I hate his voice, I hate his presence, I hate his need to make things artificially peppy

what I do like was how Daria's mom described him as creepy

Martin Keamy from Lost is one that comes to mind as a character you’re meant to hate. Even so, given some interviews and some hints on the show itself, it seems at one point even he might have gotten his own flashbacks explaining why he was that way.

9D50E6CB-24DD-45EF-BC77-9888C3E14EAA.jpeg
As far as poorly written ones go, there are so many but it’s hard to think of really any notable or memorable ones. I know I’m not very fond of much of the general cast of Pokémon after gen 2…not sure what is is exactly but it’s like they’re afraid to make any characters that are all that menacing or malicious since then and even the villains have to at least give off a friendly vibe, which I just don’t get when even characters like Bowser can be allowed to be threatening.

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
Eren Jaeger, from Attack on Titan. The fastest I've ever gone from starting to like a character to absolutely hating them.
Well, my friends watch attack on titan and their Nickname for me is Eren Jaeger. I don't watch attack on titan, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Well, my friends watch attack on titan and their Nickname for me is Eren Jaeger. I don't watch attack on titan, so I have no idea what you are talking about.
Without spoiling, Eren went through a lot of changes throughout the series. There was a point in the series where he was a pretty likable character, IMO. But eventually, that changed.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I really shouldn’t have to state that I despise Katrielle Layton, as well as any new character from that God forbidden game. If they’re not egregiously annoying then they’re bland, 1-note characters with no personality whatsoever. There isn’t a single exception to this rule.

But the worst is absolutely Katrielle herself. You go from Hershel Layton, the single most charming, likable, perceptive, gentlemanly, yet somehow relatable character I and many others have ever seen, and replace him with a character who is completely oblivious to the world around her except for when the plot absolutely demands it, is driven only by fame and money, makes deductions about each case with no proof and somehow gets it right every time (only to make fun of someone who actually puts the effort into gathering overwhelming evidence for each case), and on top of that give her the damn “is constantly hungry” anime trope and make it one of her defining characteristics. Then you insist on saying she was somehow raised by the previous protagonist and throw her in a game with absolutely none of the charm, personality, or cleverness of the rest of the series.

End of weekly Katrielle and the Millionaire’s Conspiracy rant

Also, I don’t know if this is a popular opinion or not, but I really don’t like the character of Candice Flynn from Phineas and Ferb. Nearly every episode that revolves around her can either be described as “hair brained scheme to get her brothers in trouble that invariably fails yet she’s still somehow surprised,” “An attempt to not embarrass herself in front of Jeremy,” or both. Both of these plot points got really old after the first few episodes and I often find myself wishing they’d just get back to the B plot with Doofenshmirtz, who basically has the same schtick but actually funny and clever. Yeah, she has some really good moments, but 95% of her screen time is just annoying and it single handedly brings the entire show down from a solid 9 to a 7 or 8.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I don’t hate him, but I really don’t like people like Sal Manella from Ace Attorney in media.
A2EA659B-2CB2-4164-8A4B-BFEB6950A723.jpeg92780F50-855A-412A-986D-D778A5592898.jpeg
Let’s start off with the fact that he’s always talking in like he’s speaking to someone through text. It’s not funny, it’s just annoying and gets redundant fast. Practically almost all of his lines are like this. It gets worse though
2A27FE98-6CC9-44FF-846F-C57C344A282C.jpeg
BF7CF9E7-0907-4751-89C4-AED616225A1D.jpeg
A3333896-E42D-475D-AE46-DEEEFA1CE31F.jpeg
2C96C51F-4E3B-47CA-80AE-E9298423FF33.jpeg
He’s creepy and pretty gross towards Maya Fey. He’s an adult. She’s 17. This is just creepy. Even though he’s pretty minor, in the amount of screen time he’s got, he already got on my nerves

So yeah, I really don’t like Sal Manella or people of this type in media

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I don’t hate him, but I really don’t like people like Sal Manella from Ace Attorney in media.
View attachment 56632View attachment 56633
Let’s start off with the fact that he’s always talking in like he’s speaking to someone through text. It’s not funny, it’s just annoying and gets redundant fast. Practically almost all of his lines are like this. It gets worse though
View attachment 56635
View attachment 56634
View attachment 56636
View attachment 56637
He’s creepy and pretty gross towards Maya Fey. He’s an adult. She’s 17. This is just creepy. Even though he’s pretty minor, in the amount of screen time he’s got, he already got on my nerves

So yeah, I really don’t like Sal Manella or people of this type in media
i have no idea what the guys aying in text speak....

Gorozoron

wild ride
1644875938460.png
alvin seville
because of him when i was nine i made plans about wiping his stupid face and his franchise out of the public consciousness's mind
i thought up laws that would force the authorities to confiscate all merchandise relating to alvin and the chipmunks
every time one of his movies would play on cartoon network i would seethe with rage
i took the hoodie off my alvin doll and threw him around and I'd also kick him across the floor
I'd even smack him with my teddy bear and run him over with my toy cars
I'd try to strangle him many times
i don't know where that alvin doll is to this day
i've mostly gotten over this pure hatred but every time I see his smug face a little bit of that hate reignites and it takes long for me to extinguish it

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I really don’t like the character of Candice Flynn from Phineas and Ferb.
She's a relatable foil
I think most people just don't like how static she is because the show is incredibly episodic. They can't have her really grow or progress cause then they lose one of their catalysts for the plot. She's generally much better characterized in the movies and special episodes

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I just remembered earlier that this thread exists and I had to make an addition. One character I completely despise now is Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen. I kind of liked him at first, I thought his design was super cool. But the more he gets screen time the more you absolutely hate him. He's probably the most amoral character I've ever come across, and he's so completely chill with the lives he takes its disgusting. He's possibly the only completely unforgivable villian I've seen especially with what he does to Junpei. All my hatred is for this man.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I just remembered earlier that this thread exists and I had to make an addition. One character I completely despise now is Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen. I kind of liked him at first, I thought his design was super cool. But the more he gets screen time the more you absolutely hate him. He's probably the most amoral character I've ever come across, and he's so completely chill with the lives he takes its disgusting. He's possibly the only completely unforgivable villian I've seen especially with what he does to Junpei. All my hatred is for this man.

Yep.

You're absolutely right. I thought his character design was pretty neat, but once he starts taking advantage of Junpei and using him, I started to hate him. And then right when I thought Junpei would finally make some true friends and have a happy time with Yuji, Mahito had to go and kill him off. And Junpei wasn't even hurting him! Disgusting. I was so mad and sad and angry all at once when Junpei died. I basically acted like how Yuji did in that moment. Arghhh I'm so disappointed that we didn't get to see Junpei more in the show, he was one of my favorite characters. He was so precious, all he wanted was to be treated nicely and have friends ;-; . The intro tricked me, I thought Junpei would live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom