• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Fantastical Character Do You Hate Most?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hi
what is it about skyward sword that made you dislike him?
I can't really point the finger. His general appearance even though he's complete the opposite of Fi. He at least showed emotions. But I dislike everything about him in SS. It could've been the design. Because in HW I didn't feel like that at all.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
This might hurt some of y'all, but I despise Oocoo just because they're so... ugly. I used to hate Shad too but he's grown on me...
To be fair, everyone in TP besides Link, Zelda, and Midna were freakishly ugly. Like really, really, really ugly. But I never minded Ooccoo that much (in case ya couldn't tell from my username XD). They're kinda just people chickens. The two people I did hate from TP were those two clown dudes. THEY were freaky!

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
To be fair, everyone in TP besides Link, Zelda, and Midna were freakishly ugly. Like really, really, really ugly. But I never minded Ooccoo that much (in case ya couldn't tell from my username XD). They're kinda just people chickens. The two people I did hate from TP were those two clown dudes. THEY were freaky!
I know, right?! And I mean EVERYONE...
Ps, y
ou are the sole reason I put "This might hurt some of y'all" LOL

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Moash from the Stormlight Archive book series. It's the same old "let's make a relatable, correct villain, and then make him so cartoonishly evil that you have to hate him" problem that plagues a lot of stories nowadays (looking at you, Killmonger from Black Panther).

Spoilers through Oathbringer
None of the stuff Moash did was exceptionally terrible, for the most part. The big evil thing was abandoning his friends to kill someone who was, objectively speaking, a terrible king. There was a bit of dodginess when he goes and kills one of the ancient hero figures, but fine, ok, he's an interesting antagonist who's correct about how bad the social hierarchy is. And then...

Spoilers through Rhythm of War
At his point, he has become a caricature who willingly gives up his humanity to the god of anger. He spends half the book suicide-baiting the already-depressed protagonist, then at the very end murders one of his former team members. He has completed his transformation into a mustache-twirling caricature, and I hate that.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Moash from the Stormlight Archive book series. It's the same old "let's make a relatable, correct villain, and then make him so cartoonishly evil that you have to hate him" problem that plagues a lot of stories nowadays (looking at you, Killmonger from Black Panther).

Spoilers through Oathbringer
None of the stuff Moash did was exceptionally terrible, for the most part. The big evil thing was abandoning his friends to kill someone who was, objectively speaking, a terrible king. There was a bit of dodginess when he goes and kills one of the ancient hero figures, but fine, ok, he's an interesting antagonist who's correct about how bad the social hierarchy is. And then...

Spoilers through Rhythm of War
At his point, he has become a caricature who willingly gives up his humanity to the god of anger. He spends half the book suicide-baiting the already-depressed protagonist, then at the very end murders one of his former team members. He has completed his transformation into a mustache-twirling caricature, and I hate that.
in fairness, I think the point is that once odium chooses him as a champion he's not really the same character. He loses the ability to feel any emotions and that kinda... makes you not a person you know? Maybe it's an up and coming trope, but I think it makes plenty of sense in the context of the story and what the central conflict means

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
in fairness, I think the point is that once odium chooses him as a champion he's not really the same character. He loses the ability to feel any emotions and that kinda... makes you not a person you know? Maybe it's an up and coming trope, but I think it makes plenty of sense in the context of the story and what the central conflict means
Oh it absolutely makes narrative sense given that handing over your emotions to an insane deity would have negative effects. Speaking from a storytelling standpoint, though, it still sticks in my craw lol.

EDIT: Maybe Amaram is a better pick. All my homies hate Amaram.

TahDiscoBall

He does what Ninten-shouldn't.
This is going to sting but I despise Shrek, he's annoying and not subtle if anything his personality is shallow and his place in the history animated fantasy is debatable. Secondly the amount of bad memes he's spawned make me further believe he's been overexposed and that any future effort in bringing him back in a relatively short timespan since his first and previous debuts are fruitless at best. To Paraphrase: "I get it, it is difficult being you, but you do not need four damn movies that get gradually more asinine to explain all this."
You're right! It does sting.
Usually, me and you could have a discussion, but you're definitely in the right with all the points ya brought up.
Oh well. Guess I won't be able to do anything related to Shrek.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
You're right! It does sting.
Usually, me and you could have a discussion, but you're definitely in the right with all the points ya brought up.
Oh well. Guess I won't be able to do anything related to Shrek.
You know, just because someone else doesn't like something doesn't mean you have to stop liking it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom