• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Fantastical Character Do You Hate Most?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I don’t hate him, but I really don’t like people like Sal Manella from Ace Attorney in media.
View attachment 56632View attachment 56633
Let’s start off with the fact that he’s always talking in like he’s speaking to someone through text. It’s not funny, it’s just annoying and gets redundant fast. Practically almost all of his lines are like this. It gets worse though
View attachment 56635
View attachment 56634
View attachment 56636
View attachment 56637
He’s creepy and pretty gross towards Maya Fey. He’s an adult. She’s 17. This is just creepy. Even though he’s pretty minor, in the amount of screen time he’s got, he already got on my nerves

So yeah, I really don’t like Sal Manella or people of this type in media

Yeah, he's not supposed to be likable.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Yep.

You're absolutely right. I thought his character design was pretty neat, but once he starts taking advantage of Junpei and using him, I started to hate him. And then right when I thought Junpei would finally make some true friends and have a happy time with Yuji, Mahito had to go and kill him off. And Junpei wasn't even hurting him! Disgusting. I was so mad and sad and angry all at once when Junpei died. I basically acted like how Yuji did in that moment. Arghhh I'm so disappointed that we didn't get to see Junpei more in the show, he was one of my favorite characters. He was so precious, all he wanted was to be treated nicely and have friends ;-; . The intro tricked me, I thought Junpei would live.
DUDE
The thing that gets me is how nonchalant he is. He twists people and tricked Junpei to his death meanwhile he's so cheerful about all of it. No remorse, no feelings, nothing. He made Junpei think he was his friend (when Junpei was really desperate for one) and took advantage of that to find his weakness, his mom. I suppose this all fits though considering he literally a spirit of "The hate you feel towards another living being" lol

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
DUDE
The thing that gets me is how nonchalant he is. He twists people and tricked Junpei to his death meanwhile he's so cheerful about all of it. No remorse, no feelings, nothing. He made Junpei think he was his friend (when Junpei was really desperate for one) and took advantage of that to find his weakness, his mom. I suppose this all fits though considering he literally a spirit of "The hate you feel towards another living being" lol

Yeah those are my least favorite kind of characters. I like earnest characters the best, but Mahito has nothing like that. He smiles, but there's nothing behind it. He's just full of lies and evilness. Gah I hate him! He is well-written, I admit, but that doesn't mean I have to like him lol

It the same reason why I'm not fond of Shinobu from Demon Slayer. She smiles on the outside, but seems really cruel in the inside imo. I know she's technically a good guy, so I don't hate her with the same passion as Mahito, but the ways she slays demons in comparison to Tanjiro makes her seem sadistic. I also hate the way she messes around with Giyuu. She doesn't seem earnest or well-meaning at all.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Yeah, he's not supposed to be likable.
He’s still really annoying, you’re supposed to dislike but that doesn’t make him any better. I’m gonna find pedophila and keyboard text as their general way of speaking to be obnoxious.

I hate Hotti more now that I’ve played the second game because he’s even creepier and his profession is being a fake doctor and staying there in hopes of meeting hot woman. He’s perverted, a pedophile, and just disgusting

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
He’s still really annoying, you’re supposed to dislike but that doesn’t make him any better. I’m gonna find pedophila and keyboard text as their general way of speaking to be obnoxious.

I hate Hotti more now that I’ve played the second game because he’s even creepier and his profession is being a fake doctor and staying there in hopes of meeting hot woman. He’s perverted, a pedophile, and just disgusting
Yeah I totally got creeper vibes from Hotti too.

That said, I love Ace Attorney. :D

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
It the same reason why I'm not fond of Shinobu from Demon Slayer. She smiles on the outside, but seems really cruel in the inside imo. I know she's technically a good guy, so I don't hate her with the same passion as Mahito, but the ways she slays demons in comparison to Tanjiro makes her seem sadistic. I also hate the way she messes around with Giyuu. She doesn't seem earnest or well-meaning at all.
As someone who has only watched the first season I think she actually is pretty well written from a writing standpoint

She was different in the past and seemed very genuine, but this all came crashing down when she Lost her sister to a demon as she died in her arms

It doesn’t make her more pleasant per-say but it makes you understand how such pasts can scar a person that they become more cold. When she met Tanjiro on the roof she was pretty genuine about herself and her feelings, and you get to understand her, even if her sadistic nature isn’t good.

While yes her sadistic side isn’t pleasant you can tell what scarred her and made her what she is which makes her pretty tragic and believable imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom